Big Day Out 2006

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Mitch, Jan 26, 2006.

Mitch

Mitch YTB

Hey any of you Aussie's goin to da big day out, im not, what do you reckon it would be like?

tremulant

tremulant Well-Known Member

im not going.. rather just watch it off Channel V.. plus i dont like the turnup this year, except TMV ofcourse :D

Mitch

Mitch YTB

Yea same i reckon Channel V the way to go

Branden

Branden hey! LPA Super Member

Is Channel V only in Australia?
    Can you stream BDO in America somewhere?

I watched the Channel V coverage of At The Drive-In at BDO in 2001, and it was really good. (I downloaded it.)

Mitch

Mitch YTB

To tell you the truth i would'nt know coz i'm not that smart, someone else might know

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

I could say so many things right there.

What is the line-up for Big Day Out, anyways?

Cale.

Cale. Banned

I went yesterday to the Sydney Big Day Out. Holy shit it was fucking awesome.

Mudvayne, Wolfmother, Living End, Iggy and the Stooges, White Stripes and THE MARS FUCKING VOLTA all in one day. Plus more lesser known bands.

The Mars Volta were amazing. They made the day.

Mitch

Mitch YTB

Thats a great lineup.
    Did you hear about how Mudvayne played for 20 minutes at the gold coast BDO and then the main stage and back up generators blew!?

Cale.

Cale. Banned

Yea I did hear that but they sounded fine yesterday. The only problem was that the vocals were drowned out in the heavy parts. I also forgot to mention I got on Channel V. The guy came and interviewed me while I was on the rail waiting for Mudvayne early in the day and he said how long and you been waiting for rail and I had only just got there so I said a minute, so he says why don't you run and dance round the pit so I went running and dancing around while he filmed me and he's saying "This is the only time in the day you'll be able to do that folks, in about 20 minutes this place will be packed".

Yes well, that was my 5 minutes of fame, I also got on when they were filming the crowd during Mudvayne and Wolfmother.

Mitch

Mitch YTB

Thats sweet, are you gonna be on v today. Damn ur making me jelous, i sooo want to go now!

Cale.

Cale. Banned

I have no idea, I haven't checked the schedule yet. I want to see it though to see how stupid I looked.

Mitch

Mitch YTB

:lol:
    Um...so did u know any of the lesser bands there, were they any good?

Cale.

Cale. Banned

Airbourne were basically AC/DC reborn except less good. Gerling were fucking shit, made worse by the hardcore Mudvayne fans chanting "mudvayne, mudvayne, mudvayne". Magic Dirt were plagued by the same problem but the lead singer got pissed off and started mouthing off at us over on the orange stage waiting for Mudvayne. Then she started crapping on saying "fuck the government, etc" and showed no intelligence of politics at all, probably just trying to be trendy. Cog and Shihad were both average but it was probably just the fact i'd just seen The Mars Volta.

Chris Luke

Chris Luke LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

You're all a sheep. Bahahaha. Bahaha.

I have a question... did the Mars Volta do anything special at BDO?

DIJ Metal

DIJ Metal Banned

I wish I could go to BDO 06 :( the only festivals that come around here is something called Rockfest which is usually pretty good but it only happens once a year and in Europe there's a bunch of festivals. Last year at Rockfest they had Mudvayne so I'm not so bummed I can't see BDO 06

Cale.

Cale. Banned

wtf are you talking about. The Mars Volta are special :p

The setlist was:
    Cygnus
    L'Via
    The Widow
    DrunkShip of Lanterns 25minute improv
    Frances The Mute
    Roulette Dares

I couldn't believe they played Frances because I'm really into that song at the moment and love it even more now. I'm glad Volta played off the main stages. I reckon they asked to be put on the green stage so they could play at night, it made the experience so much better.

The security on the main stages was pretty tight though. I saw some dumb prick trying to run away from one guard who was holding on to his belt. Then this massive guy comes charging across the fucking D and just axed him.

It was awesome.

Mitch

Mitch YTB

Where abouts were u standing, skywalker. Was the Mars Volta crowd the biggest, i so would have loved to go

Cale.

Cale. Banned

I couldn't tell how big it was because I was in the 2nd row right in the middle. I seriously fought through End of Fashion and Volta fans to get the best possible spot. But I've heard people say it went all the way back and people were watching from the paths and shit which is awesome considering The White Stripes clashed with them, who apparently were pretty ordinary. Some guy was shining a laser pointer in Jack's eye and they ended their set early about 15 minutes after I went down after Mars Volta. Some dude said Jack had a bit of an attitude and didn't look into it at all.

Mitch

Mitch YTB

Thats kewl:)