Billboard Charts: August 23rd, 2007

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, Aug 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Billboard Top 200 Albums
    Minutes To Midnight - #12 (Last week - #12)
    Billboard Modern Rock Tracks
    Bleed It Out - #5 (Last week - #5)
    What I've Done - #6 (Last week - #6)
    Billboard Mainstream Rock Tracks
    Bleed It Out - #8 (Last week - #10)
    What I've Done - #11 (Last week - #9)
    Billboard Hot 100
    What I've Done - #39 (Last week - #32)

This week, nothing changed on either the Top 200 or Modern Rock charts. Everything stayed put.

On the mainstream charts, "Bleed It Out" surpassed "What I've Done" to leap into the top ten, at spot #8. The latter dropped two spots to #11.

Lastly, the song plummeted seven spots to #39 on the Hot 100.

Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

i think next week bleed it out will really hit the charts. Bleed it out was first on the channel V rock countdown this week and next week i think it'll get a lot of radio play.

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Yea Bleed It Out hasn't even gotten started yet.

EazyLee

EazyLee Well-Known Member

yea, true, i think on the first day it was released it was number 15 on the hot 30 countdown.

lparks41

lparks41 Well-Known Member

What Bleed it Out's not even going to make it to number one? Not even on the mainstream and modern rock charts? I thought that was easy and every lp single at least made it to number 1 on those, didn't What I've Done make it and stay there for like 2 months or something?

I originally thought bleed it out was a poor choice for a single and I guess that turned out. How can they follow up one of if not the very best song/video of the album, 'What I've Done' up with the absolute worst song on the album besides Valenitnes day, 'Bleed it Out'?

I know they want to break outside their box, but Bleed it Out is more like a song that commits career suicide...lol

I can understand that they have to have a song that has some rapping on it, but I think Hands Held High should have been this single to take it's place, much better song that has rapping in it imo.. The lyrics actually make sense and aren't just jibberish...lol

Somebody please tell me why in the hell did they pick Bleed it Out? Nobody likes this song, even at our concert Lp had to wake us up a few times to get us moving, even though Rob's solo was killer, thats not part of the original song...lol .

Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

You're entitled to your opinion, but I hate to break it to you... a lot of people like this song. Just ask the people on these forums if you don't believe me.

While it may not have gone over well at your concert, BIO is a song that usually makes the crowd go nuts and is a highlight for many fans. As far as the song not doing well - it's just not true. WID is still doing reasonably well
    and BIO hasn't even been officially released as a single yet! Mark my words...
    "Bleed It Out" will go to #1. You just have to give it some time.

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

Well said Tehcrusha, Given BIO a chance it will eventually crawl its way to the top.

Cut Bleed it out some slack lparks41 , and given the live version a listen, I'm sure Rob's drum solo might change your mind!

My Violent Heart

My Violent Heart Transmissions echoing away.

Er..... he sorta went to the concert already? :lol:

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

I like how you type "lol" at the end of your "commits career suicide" statement. That's exactly what it made me do. Laugh out loud.

I'm sorry to say, and no offense towards you, but that statement is total bullshit. If anything, that song is what's getting everyone into Linkin Park. It's so reminiscent of their old sound yet it clearly shows a new perspective. It's so catchy. Most people love this song and a lot of crowds love this song. Now, we all are entitled to our opinions and I don't disregard or disrespect the fact that you think this song is one of the worst tracks off of 'Minutes to Midnight', but it is definitely not career suicide. If it was, it wouldn't be where it was on the charts.

Putting 'Bleed It Out' as a single was a smart move on Linkin Park's part. Coming out with a different song like 'What I've Done' and then hitting everyone with something so reminiscent to their old sound, like 'Bleed It Out', is a pretty smart thing to do. Especially for fans like us, who were looking for something new.

Not to mention, 'Hands Held High' is not radio-friendly. It's not the type of song people want to hear. Soft political songs don't go well on the radio. Plus, a video for 'Hands Held High'...I don't know. It just doesn't seem fitting. It wouldn't be a good follow-up to 'What I've Done', which already had a political element in the video.

And as for concerts, would you really rather close with 'Hands Held High', a soft political song which makes everyone realize how shitty things are in today's society? Or would you rather have a song like 'Bleed It Out', which is a party and gets everyone excited? I'd take the latter.

Oh, and by the way, lyrics don't have to make sense for a song to be 'good'.

EDIT: Huh, this is my 4,000th post. Awesome.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2007
    The_Rising_Tied

The_Rising_Tied Well-Known Member

I dont even know what bleed it out is about..anyone can explain?? lol..

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I think it's about bleeding something out...
    digging deeper...
    and not recycling.

Rwey964637

Rwey964637 Active Member

I believe, from what I remember, Chester or Mike said that BIO was one of the last songs they wrote. Basically the whole meaning behind BIO was that they spent over 4 years writing this album, which bleeded out over 100+songs. then to just thow them away because the stuck with only 12. Thats what I gotfromit anyways

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

Whoops, my bad, I kinda missed that paragraph completly lol >_<

[Tezzy-Tez]

[Tezzy-Tez] Well-Known Member

I was personally not in favour of Bleed It Out becoming a single, although I could see the logic behind it and why it was chosen.

If a song is catchy, easy to listen to and has an effect on people one way or the other (Whether it be to make them stop and think or simply just make them get energetic) it has what it needs to be a single & will gain airplay.

Bleed It Out has these qualities and I feel it will be a successful single and I'm even starting to come round to the video, (Even though I still think it could of been done differently to match the song, more speed and whatnot).

I personally wouldn't of chose it for a video just for the reason that I prefer other songs on the album & my singles would of been: What I've Done; Given Up; Leave Out All The Rest; No More Sorrow & The Little Things Give You Away

And as far as 'Is Bleed It Out a mistake or an inspired move?' is concerned...

Time will tell... so have a coke and a smile people ;)

arbaks

arbaks Well-Known Member

i think WB is not helping with the release of this song

it needs more promotion, it has a bit more than a week out and still people arent listening to it

just the fans that follow the band know that the single is out, it just happens that LP's fan base is so large that can make a song chart in the top ten without promotion

but thats not enough to make a number 1...

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Nope. BIO is basically a party song. They wanted to have the kind of lyrics everyone is used to hearing from LP, but set to a more upbeat kind of rhythm. And you get this song, which is quite an interesting mix of... well, stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.