Billboard Posts Exclusive Behind The Scenes Video Of "Guilty All The Same."

Discussion in 'News' started by Hybrid, Mar 25, 2014.

Jovertop

Jovertop Well-Known Member

This.

Josh

Josh Met LP 8-13-14 LPA VIP

This. Also I saw we get a second single in late April- May

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

It says the video is currently unavailable. :(

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Those track titles certainly beat the hell out of anything from Living Things.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

For most bands, that is how it happens. all drums, then, all guitars, all bass, and, finally, vocals.

LP's process is different, though, at least as far as we've been told. Ideas get tracked as they're thought up, not necessarily according to a schedule or a preset order

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

When they record for the final master track, though, everything needs to be based on the drum track or electro drums if they apply. It's damn hard to record anything in time without basing it off of a beat. LP has gone on the record too saying they are leaving the computer out as much as they can. Some food of thought...

mastae

mastae Some Honky

Whatever the second single is, I hope it's heavy and gets big so LP can play some network awards show and throw the other performances off balance haha. Imagine Pharrell's 'Happy' being played and then LP coming on with something like "Guilty All the Same"

Josh

I would love for LP to just go out there and beat everyone's ass at the shows

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
    Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Would be epic!

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

Lost In The Echo is an awesome title. Victimized, Skin To Bone, and Castle of Glass are some of my favorites as well.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

(Haven't read anything past the first page)

Really liked the video editing, the colors and the intro with the tape of course, think that's a hint they want to send us right off the bat. There's a different mentality to this album even when they're picking up guitars again. I'm excited, this might be the "heavy-yet-different" album some of us have been expecting for a while, but I don't want to over hype myself.

The board looks promising, especially that "Joe" note right there, many of us want Hahn truly back on our ears, not just pushing buttons on the background of a song.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Fair point. I'm just saying, even with rhythms finalised, drum parts/performances can still change late in the process :)

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Keep in mind, a lot of LP demos start out with programmed drums that may or may not get replaced/mixed with real ones later on. The whole "record the drums first" mentality really only applies to bands that rehearse new material as a band before they enter the studio. LP records entire albums of material without ever truly performing the songs together as a group. There really isn't any rule in that situation.

And again, I think people are reading way too much into the "staying off the computer" comments. Every note of music on this album will have been tracked and edited in Pro Tools, 100% positive on that. I think that comment was more in reference to using cutting/pasting/editing on the computer as a writing tool, as opposed to creating something specific and THEN recording it. I know they said they're tracking to tape on some stuff, but that's not even close to what it was like back in the pre-digital days where you had to manipulate the tape by hand to edit stuff. There are tape/Pro Tools syncing machines in a lot of studios these days that allow you to record to tape for the sonic character that it provides, while the tape is being transferred into Pro Tools in real time for the simplicity of digital editing. It's just a sound thing, the process of editing it won't be any different once the tracks are recorded.

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

For me, LT served as the bridge between ATS and LP6.. I don't know why.. or LT was released to compensate the hate negative critics on ATS.. and for the titles, Until It's Gone is very meh as a track name... I hope they will keep the working title of it, whatever it would be...

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

There's that 0.1% of the time. :bradwink: Hehehe.

Dekar

Dekar swimmingsmoke LPA VIP

Yeah, that's also what Chester mentioned in one of the recent interviews posted on here (Mike programming, then Rob).

LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

Yeah I was gonna say that. Mike programmed the drum bit and had Rob actually play it out based on what he did. And because of how complex Mike made it, Rob had to practice A LOT and blew his back out. I think that was for GATS but I think it applies to many more songs in this album.

Josh

Good explanation. I agree. Like just going in a new direction but you have that "leftover" ATS dark sound

JonasTheRoman

JonasTheRoman Well-Known Member

I like these titles.
    Regarding the music I would love if they would work more with Phoenix's bass. Since this album will get more rocky, this is not that unlikely. I would love that so much!

Anonymous Person

Anonymous Person You promised me flesh!

My favorite track title is Warrior, sounds so visceral. Calling for hardest song on album!