Blackbear shares music from the studio with Linkin Park

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, Aug 24, 2016.

Kiq

Kiq We're a broken people living under loaded gun

What about something like:

"Go with you now
    I got caught in beeing around
    Circunstances feels to go the way we planned"

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Not only does that sound nothing like what is being sung, but that isn't even a sentence.

-Amarez-

-Amarez- Active Member

Mike proves that if you have a "decent" voice, you could still turn it into art. Trent Reznor has a really low voice too, and manages to turn his shit into art. Quite inspiring if I do say so myself.

Captain-EO likes this.
    Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

After a couple of days, I'm starting to dig this more. It sounds like this can be a very chill album which I want. Like some have said, even though it's short, it does sound kinda....familiar? Like I guess, if we were to predict what the album would sound like months ago, this would be it. I don't want this record to be another "45 minutes of 3-4 minute pop songs that you will love at first and forget them in a month and move on." Basically not another Living Things. Idk. I couldn't even really pinpoint why I dislike LT but maybe because it was way too safe. This is just judging the clip, so I'll just have to wait.

Iopia likes this.
    -Amarez-

-Amarez- Active Member

[​IMG]

Vinifeijo

Vinifeijo i'm dancing with matt damons

Sounds like a "Coke TV commercial" kind of music.

Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

There's no doubt a "sometimes" in it.

I was trying to figure out what he says after "sometimes", "refuse" definitely fits.

I wonder if we'll get a single by the end of this year, or if all of it's going to be next year.
    I know there's plenty of other music out there, but it's hard not to be anxious about new music from my favorite band.

crazygolfer

crazygolfer Well-Known Member

Awesome. Just my kind of music.

Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

I was intrigued by the conversation a few pages ago about how one's voice/vocals change due to age progression. If one can get better with singing as one ages, why is it that Chester's voice in particular has become more inconsistent, or "worse", as some have put it?

I do not personally believe his voice has gotten worse, but he definitely has lost quite a bit of that "rasp" he used to have in his HT/Meteora days. It would seem that age has caused him to lose the rasp, though he can still hit high notes/ranges, from what I have heard. His vocals can still be powerful enough, though the mixing can play a major part in how "powerful" a singer sounds in a given song. Case in point: THP's deliberately raw/unrefined sound and mixing, which worked well at times, but left Chester sounding quiet, or not as powerful, at other times.

l4g_testify

l4g_testify Well-Known Member

Not trying to hate, really can't judge off that small clip but for the first time ever since I've been listening to Linkin Park (2000-present) I'm not feeling it. Maybe the actual song is better or it'll grow on me. Right now I can't get into it or get hyped.

Michele likes this.
    GraveDigger388

GraveDigger388 Nothing's gonna top my Jacky

Uh... I don't know....

Michele likes this.
    One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

I never said ATS waas out of place, I think however this is, especially after an album like ATS.

P. S.: Sorry for having an opinion

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I think the disconnect just comes from the way that the band presented "The Hunting Party" two years ago

LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

Eh? Why is this a conversation?
    THP was their (or Mike's to be more specific) hunger to hear more aggressive rock music than what was being played on radio. They made the album and that hunger went down. Now, they are more focused on getting lyrics and music right rather than just making loud music. Apparently it's really hard for people to understand that your desire or your taste in music can change drastically within a year or two, if not months.

There was a time when I said I hate David Guetta, Avicii and called it "electronic shit". Literally 8-10 months later, I was in a Guetta concert having a ball. Tastes change and they should, if you're an artist. Not really that hard to understand.

Captain-EO likes this.
    Minus

His voice has definitely gotten worse, based purely on how he incorrectly approached screaming.
    Please sir, I need some more. My steak has not yet been properly seasoned.

Michele, Alexrednex and Captain-EO like this.
    Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

:lol:

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Chester voice has changed not only because of age, but because I don't think he drinks and does drugs like he used to, if at all.

Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

I have heard of this before, that even screaming can't ruin a person's voice if they approach it "correctly". What was it that Chester did that caused his voice to become "worse"? Are you absolutely sure that even his singing voice is worse off because of his approach to screaming/aggressive vocals?

It just saddens me to hear that Chester's otherwise amazing voice/vocals have degraded over the years not just due to natural changes in aging, but issues with performance or technique as well.

freddurst

freddurst I DID IT ALL FOR THE NOOKIE

The new music clips sound alright. I've never heard of Blackbear before so I googled him and man that fool looks like a complete white boy poser. He looks like he is trying too hard to be hip and cool. He looks like Chris Fronz's doppelganger. He should be calling himself Whitebear.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
    Minus

Said the guy with "freddurst" as a username.

Alexrednex and Captain-EO like this.