Blame Linkin Park?

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, Oct 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    LazyCrazy

LazyCrazy New Member

:D ahh, sorry. I'm new here so my signature didn't turn out right =/ .

LazyCrazy

LazyCrazy New Member

Yeah I know. I feel sorry for the kids that were in the class with her, too. All she did was just stand up in the middle of class and take a razor blade to her wrists and neck... The kids must be traumatized. [/b][/quote]
    what? she did that in class? How PSYCHO!!! :eek:

Samantha

Samantha Super Member LPA Super Member

her neck!!!!! My ####### god [/b][/quote]
    Oh God, it's really awful. Poor classmates... :(

It's very sad when kids doing things like this. But we can't blame music (only, people around her). It's nobody's fault. She has very serious problems and she need a help :wth:

LinkinEmz

LinkinEmz New Member

her neck!!!!! My ####### god [/b][/quote]
    I know... she didn't manage to cut all the way accross though, if she did, she wouldn't still be alive!

whenthisbegan

whenthisbegan Well-Known Member

Talk about triple posting :whistle:

_PianoPaPercut_

_PianoPaPercut_ Ambient

oh well.. another newbie..^_^.. its all good.. hmm.. i dnt think its LP's fault.. thats just stupid.. the girl probably had a problem in the first place.. its sad tho.. :(

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

what? she did that in class? How PSYCHO!!! :eek: [/b][/quote]
    please don't triple post. or double post. thanks.

welcome to the forums! please read the rules atop the chit chat forums. i'm mark, you can pm me with any questions.

fearphobic

fearphobic Well-Known Member

i agree with u completely!!! LP has given me lots of strength frm my problems and stuff, and well their music has prevented me frm committing suicide and hurting myself!!!

Alacrity

Alacrity don't stop talking to me; i haven't been listening LPA Super Member

We all know this situation has happened many times before with other artists.

Parents and other people (no offence to them) come in and don't look at the music from any other perspective...so when a song says "I'm gona break" they automaticically(sp?) think that it means suicide.

This girl obviously had problems for awhile to want to hurt herself so dangerously. And c'mon...nobody listens to JUST Linkin Park...so how do they know it wasn't the other music the girl was listening to? The whole thing is blown out of porportion(sp?) and if the girl had any sense of what LP is about she would know they would never send that message out.

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

That was totally uncalled for.

Where in the bloody heck did you get that? Did you even read the article, for that matter? It says nothing about the girl killing herself.

Evanescence talks nothing about suicide in their music. Okay, so maybe you probably don't understand why I'm saying that, but has it ever crossed your mind that maybe the character in "Tourniquet" is already dying from a disease or a grevious wound and actually want's God to take him/her home?

The way I see it is that the character is ready to go home.

linkinlady

linkinlady Member

my goodness... the parents r takin it WAY overboard with blaming LP (and the girl too... if she blamed them as well)... one of the reasons i love linkin park so much is that they never put anyone down or sing about vulgar things... they watch what they say... and ive listened to their songs a million times and ive never heard n e lyrics that tell me to kill myself or have i felt ANY urge to kill myself... or anything close to that.... it actually vents my anger and calms me down... now if this girl is blaming LP for her suicide attempt... i think thats COMPLETE BS... it takes more than one thing to drive a person that far... its not like "oh.... i just heard a song that said go jump off a bridge... lets go do it now"... she obviously has sum struggles in her life... either this girl has been living under a rock her whole life and LP is the first thing shes heard and misconstrued the lyrics horribly OR her parents havent taken the time to teach her n e thing about life... and liek other people have said, her parents probably dont have a clue whats goin on in her life, so they naively blame LP.. maybe if they watched their kid a bit better it wouldnt have happened... personally even if im the least bit depressed my parents will talk to me and cheer me up.. and if this girl is so depressed how come her parents did nothing about it? theres a lot of factors that arise that the parents are overlooking... and i also think that theyre giving linkin park a bad image.. not to us of course... but to people that havent heard LP and are influenced that its a bad band... its just horrible.. and the girl attempted suicide in her CLASSROOM TOO.... its insane... insanely bad. ah.. sorry im writing so much... just had to get that off my chest.

Linkin41

Linkin41 New Member

:angry: That is really Stupid, it makes me so F****** angry. Why would you blame LP for their lyrics? It doesn't make any sense at all. Their music calms me down when I'm angry, not make me want to cut myself. Apperently there was something wrong with that girl and she just decided to cut herself and swallow some pills. People are just so stupid and ignorant these days! :chaz: :angry:

Kenji_girl

Kenji_girl Well-Known Member

Well, it says "Christ! Tourniquet! My suicide" and it's got to be a suicide, i think :mellow:

whenthisbegan

whenthisbegan Well-Known Member

What we do or think has nothing to do with music. Sure, it may fuel pain or anger because you can get caught up in the moment of the music. I know recently I've been listening to a lot of sad music or music that helps me cry because my Grandmother is ill and not expected to live too long. But songs have never driven me to the point of suicide. My feelings and emotions and current events have driven me to dig, but that was ALSO a choice I made in my mind to do. Music never told me or made me do what I did to myself.

Although the girl and her Mother were wrong by blaming LP, you have to think a bit. Her Mom probably blamed the music she listened to because she didn't want to owe up to her mistakes. She ignored the cries for help but she thinks she didn't do any wrong. Or, she might now and be blaming something else to cover her guilt.

You also have to remember that this girl is only 14. She has feelings, too. She could have a lot of problems wrong with her and be abused sexually or physically. Have been raped... anything. She just chose to do what she thought would take away the pain. If this was you, would you want to come online and read that people think you're crazy and stuff? I know I wouldn't, especially if I had a lot going on in my life mentally.

And I think before this topic gets too out of hand, that it should be closed. Because it could go on and on.

Kenji_girl

Kenji_girl Well-Known Member

Guess you're right

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

:whistle:

:lol:

I agree with whenthisbegan, for all we know, the mother could have lived a tense life with her daughter and the girl has many problems. It seems that everything these days is blamed on music. Its pathetic. Kind of how Marilyn Manson was blamed for the Columbine Shootings

Hybrid Theory

Hybrid Theory Well-Known Member

I do... :whistle:

Kidding!

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

Well, it says "Christ! Tourniquet! My suicide" and it's got to be a suicide, i think :mellow: [/b][/quote]
    I'm pretty sure their using that as a metaphor. Project 86 does that in their lyrical writing as well. Just listen to Last Meal and Hollow Again. It isn't what it seems.

May

May Ambient

a lot of bands write about death and suicide and some dumb kids actually believe that these bands are saying to do things to themseleves like cut themselves. I'm sure that's not the message artist are trying to get out there. Those kids just have to know not to take the lyrics so seriously.

BiLLy_BloggZ

BiLLy_BloggZ Active Member

Its NEVER ANY bands fault when it comes to Self Mutilation/Suicide/School shootings. People seem to have things backwards these days, she didnt listen to linkin park and then become depressed, she was depressed so she listened to linkin park because she could relate to the music. This goes for every band, including bands like slipknot, korn, manson and eminem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.