Body Modification

Discussion in 'Random Chat' started by Rachel, May 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Rachel

Rachel look at my horse. LPA Super Member

I've been giving some advice here and there on a few forums regarding body modifications, and I figured, since the majority of the advice is given here on LPA, why not have a thread about it.

Currently, the body mods I have are:

2 piercings in each lobe, the first on each being stretched to approx. 1/4 of an inch, commonly known as a 2 gauge, The second piercings are at a "normal" stud gauge of 20 or 18, depending on the earring.

I have a 14 gauge industrial bar through my right ear.

I also have a 20 gauge nose bone n my left nostril, and a 14 gauge curved barbell in the upper part of my navel.

I'm going to get one more piercing in my lobes, a vertical labret, and hip surfaces. I might get a snug piercing, if I lose my mind enough.

I am also gaining alot of tattoos in a few years. Black crow wings on my shoulder blades with my grandfather's initials in Hebrew between them. Paw prints on my hips (before my surface piercings of course), the sheet music to NIN's "The Frail (live AATCHB version)" on my lower back, my childrens' names on my left rib cage, and I'm not sure yet what to put on my right rib cage, maybe some old school swallows and anchors.

Feel free to post pictures of your body mods, except for the obvious genitalia piercings, and any advice you have for those who are obtaining body mods would be great. I know I'm not the only one here!

Misfit Jay

Misfit Jay I'm down with tippin 40s to your memory. LPA Super Member

I'm gonna be getting tattoos in a few years. I'm planning on getting sleeve tattoos on the things most influential in my life. My left arm being all about the music that I love and inspire me. It will be nothing but band logos and not sure but maybe a couple of faces. I doubt it though. My right arm will be about video games that have made me want to get into that business. That arm will be all the faces of game characters and such.

I used to want a back piece as a tribute to The Misfits. Have the Crimson Ghost be the center taking up most of the space, and then having the album covers around and also different stuff from them. Like a few of my favorite shirt patterns.

Also I want to get a Boba Fett tattoo somewhere. Have his symbol behind him, and see him aiming his gun at you while taking off on his jet pack.

Last edited: May 26, 2007
    Debus

Debus Morbid Fascination LPA Addict

I'm thinking about getting my lip done at some point, but I don't know whether i'll be able to handle it. I'm a whimp when it comes to pain, and getting my ears done hurt >_<

I wanna get my lip done like Aoi/Miyavi eventually (Practically the same piercing) but I think theirs are literally through the lip, dunno how painful that is

Any information on lip piercings? Like the pain/swelling and how to look after them.

Rachel

Ok, from the pictures you posted, it looks like you want a snakebite. They can be referred to as venoms, but thats usually tongue rings.

I've heard various things about lip rings regarding their pain; it's all up to your tolerance.

Keep the outside healing by using Bactine. That's one of the only piercings I know that you can actually use Bactine, as other piercings bug out when you use that.

On the inside, gargle with some salt water, and always rinse your mouth with INCREDIBLY diluted, or non-alcoholic Listerine. Do this after every drink, piece of food, or cigarette or anything, with the exception of water. Water you can drink in loads without having to clean.

You'll have probably a 14 gauge captive ring in the piercing to heal. This allows you to turn the ring slightly, so it doesnt embed itself in your lip.

There will be some swelling, and it takes a few weeks to heal enough to change.

They're bloody hot as hell, and the funniest thing is that I know someone who has a snakebite on the left side, and then an angelbite on their right side. It's rather odd looking :lol:

Ok, just saw this part.

The reason getting your ears pierced by a piercing gun hurts is because its not properly piercing your ear. Piercings are done properly ONLY by needles, not by the blunt force trauma of shoving a stud through your lobe. That causes tissue damage, and if not taken care of, can cause a keloid scar, and those are friggin nasty.

I've had both my lobe piercings done by piercing guns before I found that out, and I will never get that done again. True I want a third lobe, but my friend Ho7ez apprentices at a piercing parlor and he has needles, so he can do it for me.

Needles don't hurt as much as piercing guns because piercing studs are rather dull, as needles are rather sharp. This causes less pain as it enters the tissue easier, and clears out the hole, instead of just pushing the tissues aside, which is what piercing studs do.

Last edited: May 26, 2007
    Debus

Ah thankyou Rachel ^_^ Sounds painful and a bit gross, but I might be able to put up with it :lol:

Someone in my school has a piercing on each side of her mouth, looks odd too, so I only want the one side done.

The thought of shoving a needle through my lip sounds foul, but then again I had to get my ear shot twice to get the stud through, and that was pretty horrific. I'll need to think about this some more. Thanks for all the info, appreciate it ^_^

Rachel

No problem, but the needle itself doesn't hurt when you get the lip pierced. It's the clamp. The clamp is what causes the swelling, but since you focus on the awkwardness of the clamp, you dont realize the needle is through until you look and go "oh look, a needle is through my lip."

Debus

What do they numb it down with initially?

John

John LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

ouch, i feel the pain by just reading this haha.

Roubin

Roubin Well-Known Member

I don´t want piercings cause when I read this thread, I felt the pain...:sick:. But maybe 1 or 2 tattoos in the future.

Rachel

Some places numb the area down, some don't. When I got my bellybutton, the just cleaned the area, drew where the piercing would go, clamped it (they clamp it tight enough to numb, I guess), and then pierce.

Linja

Linja Good. Be magnanimous. Über Member

Rachelbaby. I have taken all of your advice and kept it broadcasting in my head 24/7. I just wanted to ask, and if I want an actual nose ring, and not a stud? I don't mean a septum piercing, BTW.

Rachel

Oh yeah you can have a ring, they don't usually do it at the parlors, but if you ask, they can do it ^_^
    they'll use something like this only obviously smaller.

it's up to your parlor though; some don't do rings at all, some do only rings. call for prices and the jewelery information.

Linja

If all goes well I will be heading to the salon (or maybe salon translates as parlour from russian to english? whatever :p) on Tuesday or Wednesday. I'll ask then ^_^. I really want a ring.

I wonder if the cleaning stuff will be available there..

Rachel

I know what you meant. You should teach me Russian :lol:

Yeah, most parlors/salons have the cleaning stuff. It'll be PrickFixx or H2Ocean, or whatever they have there :]

You can always just buy sea salt at your grocery store and put it in some hot water and drip it on your nose.

Linja

Wheeeee. Sea salt melted in hot water. A trip to l'Occitane is in order! Thank you Rachelbaby ^_^

Hahah, and if you have any questions about russian translations, you know who to IM :shifty:

Beca

Beca Plug in baby.

I'm planning on getting a few tattoos, one on my ankle, one on my lower back, one on the back of my shoulder and another on the top of my arm. I don't know what of though.. Probably a star on my ankle and a butterfly on my lower back, don't know bout the rest...
    I also want, i think its called, a Madonna piercing? Well i want one of those =p

Rachel

Yeah Madonna/Monroes are pretty nifty piercings.

If there's one thing I've learned, its that you need a certain face shape for certain piercings to look good.

If you have a very heart-shaped face then a Monroe will look phenom on you. Also, for anyone thinking of septum, if you're female, it'll look best if you have a narrow face, and for guys that want it, a more chiseled square face.

Photo references of friends:

Stacey- example of narrow face for septum

Shay- Stacey's sister. Has a narrowish heart shaped face for monroe and septum

Ho7ez- example of square face getting septum soon

That's the one problem with facial piercings; you need to make sure they look good.

I honestly have never seen anyone with a Medusa or Bridge piercing that didn't look like shit after they got it done. Oh BTW, if anyone ever needs an example of an antieyebrow or a smiley, I can get an updated pic of Ho7ez. Thus his nickname :]

Anya

Anya Lost LPA Super VIP

I'm actually in the process of gaging my ears at the moment. Not too big though.. I'm only up to 14 but I may only go one or two sizes higher than that. Someday I want maybe a nose stud or lip piercing, and maybe one or two tattoos. I'm still unsure about doing any of those things just yet though, but we'll see. *shrugs*

Rachel

Yeah "gauging"/"stretching" (if you ask any piercer its "stretching" but "gauging" just makes more sense) seems to be the least harmful of body mods.

Once you go past 7/16" its a bit harder having the holes close up to normal size again.

I'm at a weird stage between 4 and 2, actually, so technically I'm at a 3 :lol:

The hole is surprisingly not that big. 14 isn't much of a difference from normal earrings: its only two or three sizes bigger than a normal earring post, depending on the gauge of the earring.

I'd say go to a 6, max, if you want small gauge. I had a 14 around prom last year and was able to wear a normal earring in it, no problemo.

Also, if you want to avoid blowouts and tearing, go up size by size. Yes, its tedious, but I definitley ripped my ear a little jumping from a 14 to a 10. They have these increments for a reason ^_^

Chris Luke

Chris Luke LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

[​IMG]

im getting that tattooed on my arm with my friends hahaha.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.