Bonnaroo 2010

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by $pvcxGhxztCasey, Nov 25, 2009.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Pre-sale tickets officially go on sale the day after Thanksgiving, so we're almost at the jump-off point for 'Roo season. I hope some of you guys consider going this year, it could be a prelude to the LPA meet-up proposed by Derek. Maybe a test run of sorts?

That said, there isn't nearly as many confirmed acts as Coachella yet (none, infact), but Alberta Cross have said they'll be there, and it's already starting to leak that Pavement will be there. It's kinda cool that Bonnaroo has a guy on Twitter that gives out clues every year as to who's going to be playing. I guess it helps the excitement of the big reveal. Earlier this year the guy dropped a hint about "obscured by clouds" for 2010, and alot of people on Inforoo think it'll be Roger Waters doing "The Wall" live, and Daft Punk is a big rumour too, but I think that's a fervent wish every year. Other rumoured acts are U2, Rolling Stones, Guns 'N Roses, Camera Obscura and Phish (again).

So, who's thinking of going, and who would you like to see at the farm next year? I'm personally hoping for Puscifer for a late-night set, and Ween (fingers crossed).

$pvcxGhxztCasey

Sorry for the necropost, but I didn't figure a new thread was really needed since one excited that wasn't that old.

I bought my ticket Thursday afternoon, the line-up was released starting at 11am Tuesday morning and didn't end until about 8pm. This is the line-up, barring the additions to the line-up that happens around April or May, with usually some big names. Headliners are in bold:

I don't think it even touches last year's line-up, but it was my first official Bonnaroo, so I might be alittle bias. And it did have my favorite band as one of the bigger names. It's widely rumored that Jay-Z will take the NIN spot from last year (late night Saturday) and Stevie Wonder serve as the "pre-headliner", but will go on earlier in the night, around 8pm or 9pm. Kings of Leon is the Friday headliner, and Dave Matthews Band will close out the festival on Sunday, like Phish last year.

Of course, alot of people are still calling for Roger Waters' performing "The Wall" on Friday night, and might be added in as the "big name" for the additional round of bands announced in the coming months. No clue about comedians yet, I hope Daniel Tosh is there. :blush:

So, is anyone thinking about going? I know Branden is. I hope some people from LPA decide to make the trek out to the farm, you won't regret it, I promise.

Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

Line up looks pretty good. Going to see Isis the week after next. Japandroids, Dan Deacon and Melvins would be pretty sweet.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

THURSDAY:
    5:45 PM - 6:45 PM Baroness
    7:00 PM - 8:00 PM Local Natives
    11:30 PM - 12:45 AM The xx

FRIDAY:
    1:00 PM - 2:30 PM Conan O'Brien
    4:00 PM - 5:30 PM Nas & Damian Marley
    5:00 PM - 6:00 PM She & Him
    5:45 PM - 7:15 PM The National
    6:30 PM - 8:00 PM Tenacious D
    12:00 AM - 1:30 AM The Black Keys
    2:00 AM - 2:45 AM Kid Cudi
    2:30 - 4:00 AM LCD Soundsystem

SATURDAY:
    2:30 PM - 4:00 PM Norah Jones
    3:30 PM - 4:30 PM Isis
    5:15 PM - 6:30 PM The Melvins
    7:00 PM - 8:30 PM Jeff Beck
    8:30 PM - 10:30 PM Stevie Wonder
    11:30 PM - 1:30 AM Jay-Z
    12:30 AM - 2:00 AM Clutch
    2:30 AM - 3:45 AM GWAR

SUNDAY:
    5:00 PM - 6:30 PM Ween
    6:45 PM - 8:15 PM Rise Against
    9:00 PM - 11:30 PM Dave Matthews Band

Mmmm, I can't wait until the 10th of June. Damnit!!!

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

Last time you will ever get to see them. They are breaking up

Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

Yeah I already knew that. And I posted that months ago hah. Saw them, was sweet, not the most exciting thing ever though.