Boys be allowed long hair in schools

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Jake, Mar 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Or, you know, you can drop out of school, work at McDonald's all your life and never make more than minimum wage.

Going to school, graduating college, and getting a 9-5 job was the best thing I ever did. Not to sound like a pompous ass or anything, but I would say I do pretty well for a 25 year old.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Oh my God. Maybe you should move to a third world country that offers little or no schooling.

How is this coming from a fellow Minnesotan? We have one of the best education systems in America.

Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

I kind of agree with some of his criticisms. There is somewhat of an assembly-line, one-size-fits-all approach to education in this country, but sometimes it's in your best interest to work within the system. Even if you despise it.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

I kind of agree that hair is not worth getting expelled over but at some point you have to show that you won't stand for injustice. I think its more about the violation of basic human rights and showing that you're not afraid to stand up

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

If you're being held in slavery or you've been cheated by your country's justice system then yes, those are human rights violations you should contest if you can. But wanting to have long hair surely isn't worth potentially fucking up your life when it's barely even began. Like I said, choose your battles.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2011
    Star Scream

Star Scream Does A Machine Like You Ever Experience Fear

exactly right, just live with it till 18 then you can make your hair 4 or 5 metres long later on, schools not going to last a life time anyway

gravedigger

gravedigger New Member

Agreed.

Yes, I totally agree with you. Even I am from India and I hate this rule denying boys from keeping long hair. I love long hair. My hair covers almost half of my ears but when I go to school i just push them behind my ears. So no one even notices. As soon as I get out of school I put my hair back to normal position. This way no one gets mad at me. But unlike your school, in my school I have seen 11th and 12th graders keeping long hair. Not literally long, but it covers most of their ears and it touches their collars in the back. The teachers don't mind boys keeping long hair. My fringes touch my eyebrows but that's not a problem here. It should not go over your ears. Schools in the west don't mind this at all. Then why is this happening in India?

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

This thread hasn't been posted in for nearly two years. Please see the rules about necroposting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.