Brad... Talentless or just being held back.

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by maxiscool, Jun 21, 2005.

maxiscool

maxiscool Well-Known Member

Ive been playing guitar for about year now and I unwillingly came to the realization that Guitar wise linkin park is as simple as it gets. Now I hear all this talk about linkin park's producer restricting them and pretty much dampening lp's creativity. So do you think brad actually could make some intresting riffs? And do you think musically lp will be better on their next album?

Bexyboo

Bexyboo Well-Known Member

I really don't know whether Brad is capable of anything more than what he already does. But I remember reading in an interview somewhere, and one of them said that Linkin Park weren't a guitar band - and weren't going to be doing any skilled guitar work. So...maybe? Who knows?

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

He can play and write some decent riffs, but for the most part simple guitar work suits Linkin Park's music as a whole. They're a solid group, with no massive individual talent except maybe Mike. We'll see when Fort Minor is released.

EDIT: Who am I kidding? I'd love to see Brad try something more complex! :lol:

I Don't Need No Accuser

I Don't Need No Accuser Well-Known Member

To say he's talentless is just stupid. Making guitar riffs for songs that millions of people enjoy, how is that being talentless? I like guitar solos, but I can't imagine Linkin Park putting a guitar solo in one of their songs. To me it would feel out of place and wouldn't sound that great.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I think Brad has the ability to do something more complex (à la A.06), but he just hasn't shown us.

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

A.06 isn't complicated, no harder than the intro to A Place For My head.

I don't think Brad is talentless, but I also don't think he's anything spectacular. I'm sure he could do something more complex than what he writes now, but only because of the fact that what he writes now is too simple to explain in words. The hardest thing Brad has written was the clean w/ chorus guitar part during the verses in Forgotten, which are barely audible anyways. But it, APFMH and A.06 do show some creativity.

Nick

Nick Great Job! LPA Super VIP

to see brad make a guitar solo would be a little weird because in almost every one of their songs they each have a part in it...example..brad has the guitar in the back...joe has the dj work ....phoenix has the secondary guitar or bass guitar..and mike and chester got the singing ....and this is hapening at the same time soo ya solos would be weird

Brentaliath

Brentaliath Revived 2012

You forgot Rob doing his drumming. ;)

Nick

Nick Great Job! LPA Super VIP

You forgot Rob doing his drumming. ;) [/b][/quote]
    oooo sorry bout that

maxiscool

maxiscool Well-Known Member

Im not saying linkin park should but a 9999 note per second shred solo in their songs im just saying put some orginialty and make the riffs intresting. 3 power chords for a chorus just puts me to sleep. I mean mike can play guitar too so why not make a riff and make a lead riff over not a guitar solo but just something to make the song more complex and intresting. Another thing ive listened to hybrid theory and meteroa many times and im not hearing any bass here. I mean if you turn it way up and listen to a part where the guitar isnt very loud you can pick it up but i mean come on whats the point of a bassist if you can even hear him. They need to mix their songs better.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I think the bass is just hard to hear because it just doubles what the guitar plays in a lot of places.

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

I agree...I'd like to see Brad do some solos and more complicated work. The idea of three chorded songs is just radio-friendly madness and something should change in their music.

越南

越南 Well-Known Member

forget brad.. i think phoenix deserves some solos

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

I would think that Brad is talented at guitar-playing. It's just that their musical style as far as electrical guitar goes is Power Chords. It's just how they play. I don't think that it would have anything to do with Brad's talent. I believe that he is an excellent player, just using simple Power Chords for the sake of the music. Did it stop "In the End" from being successful? No.

Although, I do hope that Brad begins showing the skills by upping the riffs on new material. But some people just want him do to solo's, and I honestly don't see Linkin Park going down that road. But still, I want to see him step it up a little.

I Don't Need No Accuser

I Don't Need No Accuser Well-Known Member

If they took bass out, you would definitely hear a difference.

Pap3rcut

Pap3rcut Banned

Do you guys remember what brad did while doing a cover of Sweet Child O' Mine???

Ultimate_Elements

Ultimate_Elements New Member

You know...
    Brad Delson has been there since the beginning. So I do think he's been helping out. I mean Brad is Mike's best friend. He's been making choices in the band. I've read in the Collision Course booklet in the cd that Brad has arranged the songs with Mike. And Brad also composed some of the songs from Hybrid Theory and Meteora. So I agree that Brad is kind of a talented guy.

Mark

You know...
    Brad Delson has been there since the beginning. So I do think he's been helping out. I mean Brad is Mike's best friend. He's been making choices in the band. I've read in the Collision Course booklet in the cd that Brad has arranged the songs with Mike. And Brad also composed some of the songs from Hybrid Theory and Meteora. So I agree that Brad is kind of a talented guy. [/b][/quote]
    He's talking about guitar riffs.

And the guitar riffs in 'Meteora' were hardly revolutional. :p

Justin

Justin See you there

No. What did he do? Did he play Slash's solo? If he did, that would pretty much sum up the whole question about whether Brad is talented or not.

Personally, I like some of Brad's guitar riffs, but I would really like to see some more guitar complexity. Considering that Linkin Park technically has 2 guitarists, I would like to see them incorporate something along the lines of what Brad played at the beginning of 'By Myself' in the Live In Texas DVD. Just that would make their songs more interesting.

Some of the things people post on Blabbermouth.net are kind of funny in a stupid sort of way.

Mark

No. What did he do? Did he play Slash's solo? If he did, that would pretty much sum up the whole question about whether Brad is talented or not. [/b][/quote]
    Well, he biffed it up and Chester had to stop it becuase Brad was making himself look kinda foolish.