Break Ups

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by The_Rising_Tied, Jun 23, 2008.

The_Rising_Tied

The_Rising_Tied Well-Known Member

Ok.. i take break ups.. really really really hard. My girlfriend jsut dumped me not even 2 weeks ago, and now on facebook she went to a club and there is tonz of pictures of her and this guy making out and dancing. Not even 2 weeks later shes making out with some guy, and ive just been here sitting and hurting and i dont want to anymore. I dont wanna do this. Can someone please help me, give me suggestions on what i should do 2 get her off my mind...

Theazninvasion68

Theazninvasion68 It's like blood to a vampire, our tragic desire. LPA Super VIP

=\ Sorry mang, thats sucks to hear what atrocities your girlfriend has done to you. Weather unintentional or not, it's still wrong, and she shouldn't be posting them everywhere. If you meant so little to her, perhaps just forgetting her altogether would be a better idea to get over her. Temporally or what-not.

Whatever you do, do not do these. Drugs, cutting and years of loathing and moaping around.

And don't check facebook ;)

Nick

Nick Great Job! LPA Super VIP

Yeah man. Theres always someone better out there for you. Even if It is impossible to feel like there is.

DONT Let this destroy you. Just think of it as you are lucky to be out of something that would have been a potential big waste of time and compassion (on your part.)

If she thinks so little of what you and her had to just go out and do that. Then it wasnt worth it.

and your lucky to be out of it, Hang in there man.

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Photoshop a picture of yourself with Angelina Jolie or Adriana Lima and put it on facebook. And tomorrow night go out with your friends, get drunk, meet some new girls, go with one of them to her place, have a wild sex, sneak out in the morning and spend the rest of the day playing PES and drinking beer with your friends . Then repeat all this untill you're ready for another normal relatioship :)

Theazninvasion68

Theazninvasion68 It's like blood to a vampire, our tragic desire. LPA Super VIP

:lol: !!!!! EPIC!

But yea mang, hang in there, There are other girls out there. I used to believe there wasn't, until I met Melodi :)

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Okay first things first...before I begin: whatever you do...do NOT under any circumstances follow Dusan's advice; because even though he's likely joking, what he just proposed to you about fucking some random chick...is an absolutely terrible idea :lol:.

It is important that I get that out of the way, but now that I have....if there's anything I've learned through my own experiences, its that a breakup is always going to hurt no matter what, and that even if you fight it, there's not much you can do to prevent yourself from hurting as much as you have, so you might as well just let it all out. Vent, cry, scream, write lyrics, listen to angry music, hang with friends, do whatever you can to help release this stress because otherwise, it's just going to hang with you for a really long time.

Because even if the relationship was on it's way out; after all is said and done, you're still likely going to feel regret that things didn't work out as well as they should have for the both of you.

That is why, more so than trying to get back at her for what she's done to you, that it's important for you to sit back and think about all the things you think you couldve done better in the relationship, or would like to improve upon for future girls. By taking the time to think this crucial part over, it will not only ensure that your next relationship may last longer, but also as a result it may help you have better success with women because you've given yourself the time to think shit through.

This doesn't mean that you nor her were the sole cause for the breakup, because there are always two sides to every story and you need to remember that. Yes she was not thinking about your best interests by being so quick to be all over another guy, but you don't get over a person or heartbreak by mimicking the very person who hurt you in the first place. The 'eye for an eye' or 'tick for tack' mentality only drives you two further apart, and if you want to make sure this split is as drama free as possible, its best that you just give yourself some time to breathe...and then slowly introduce yourself back into the world when you feel you're truly ready to do so.

Once you think you've reached that step and finally begin a new chapter in your life, start slow by hanging out with friends (girls and guys) and introducing yourself to new people and just make yourself known again by getting numbers, and meeting new people who you can hang out with as friends and maybe get to know a little better. Under no circumstances should you rush to get in another relationship (as that's called rebound dating, and usually never works out for either party involved) and instead you should become good friends with the people you meet, because the secret to any long lasting relationship is a strong friendship, because there is greater trust involved and as a result, more of a potential for long lasting love and happiness.

I am in no way a love guru (I'll leave that job to Mike Myers), and I still learn myself from time to time, but if I can offer any advice for you now it's just to...take it slow, relax and get your life back on track, and then focus on starting over. Don't make any brash decisions that you may end up regretting later on when you've truly overcome her and begin the search for someone else.

Just...stay strong. It's hard, but it's what you've gotta do.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

I would have to agree with what Derek said.

I'm going through some hard stages as well at the moment. I'm worried that my girlfriend and I will break up soon, and I'm not sure what to do. Personally, I'm not sure where to begin with how to solve the problems that she and I are having. But in any case, I can't do anything to get back at her for things I feel she's done against me or that have hurt me. The best thing to do is cool down, vent, and try and let it go. It's not easy. I've been through the process before.

Hang in there. Soon enough, everything will be alright. :)

Nick

Nick Great Job! LPA Super VIP

I'm seriously going to save that in a notepad. I agree with all of it.

elocrocker

elocrocker Well-Known Member

If I were you, I'd listen to what Derek said. It seems to be one of the BEST pieces of advice over relationship I've ever heard or read. I couldn't have said anything better myself.
    Just hang in there man. Things always get better.

aki*lp

aki*lp LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Also girl can get eally really complex in their thinking. I mean firstly, she knows that you can check her facebook album out. Therefore she uploaded them keeping that in mind.

Maybe her motives are to make you jealous?

lpboarder

lpboarder Well-Known Member

Just put every access you have to her (i.e. Facebook) out of the way. You will not feel better until you have moved on and checking her Facebook does not help the grieving process. Its not to be a prick about it but she broke up with you and you have to deal with it. She should understand if she ever confronts you about it. That's about all I had for ya. Good luck and never let a woman bring you down.