Breaking Benjamin 2014

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by MagmaXtreme, Aug 20, 2014.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Do you seriously expect people to post only positive opinions on the internet?

Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

Read again. If you notice, I never once mentioned anything outside this thread.

People here seem to be intellectual and fully capable of expressing opinions in a constructive way. Even Gibs' post was more contributive.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
    Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

He does though. He has the right to spread his opinion as a user of this forum. Just because you disagree with it, or the way he expresses it, should have no affect on whether his opinion should be spoken or not. If it bothers you so much, just ignore him, that's an actual function on this website.

I feel like this kind of discussion has occurred way too many times on this website. It's getting really damn annoying. I'm sure Filip could spend the time to explain why he dislikes BB, but why spend all of that useless time on a band you really don't care for?

Captain-EO

This discussion wouldn't happen if people could actually express their opinions in a way that actually made the post worth being in the thread. You said you'd be excited if you were still 12. I have no problem with that. You feel like Breaking Benjamin is a band you've completely outgrown. I understand where you're coming from, and have zero problems with that post. You didn't go into great detail explaining why.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

So he outgrew the band and that's okay, but it's not okay that I was never interested in the band in the first place?

Captain-EO

You could've said that instead of saying you didn't even like them when you were ten. It feels almost like you're baiting people. Personally, I've largely outgrown most of BB's material as well. I mainly listen to their music for instrumentation nowadays.

Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

:nekurogedoro:

Bawa

Bawa Could wait to see tomorrow.

Girls, girls... Can we all just agree that this band sucks and move on? :kappa:

Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

Yeah, but that's the thing, why come into the thread in the first place? If you don't care about something at all, then why waste your time posting about it?

Or at least state why you don't like them. If you have the time to come into a thread in the first place to state that you don't like something or make a snide remark, then you probably also have the time to give reasons why you feel that way.

For instance, I don't like Muse, but I haven't posted a single thing in that thread because it's contributes nothing to it, and it's a waste of my own time. Just doesn't make sense, imo. In cases like that it seems its only point is to annoy others. If I ever give my opinion on something I don't like I'm going to at least state why, I'm not just going to say it sucks and leave.

But whatever, that's just me.

TobinKnowsBest

TobinKnowsBest 20.03.1976 - 20.07.2017 LPA VIP

I could not care less what any of you think about Breaking Benjamin but dammit the white background on this picture is infuriating to me for some reason

Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

So...
    Back on topic.

I haven't listened to BB in ages. I used to like them a lot but my taste has changed a lot since then.
    They are certainly a bit generic but they do have some songs I can get behind(+ nostalgia).
    Since RED actually made a decent record this year, I will give them the benefit of the doubt.

I just hope they have changed their sound(to at least make it sound fresh) and don't rely on the redundant christian metaphors like they used to.

What are you guys favorite BB album/songs?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
    Captain-EO

If it's not off Saturate I can tolerate it, but I think Dear Agony is their best work. It produced some really lyrically amazing songs like Anthem of the Angels, which is one of their best songs overall imo.

NateXY

NateXY I was by your side, powerless.

New album is titled 'Dark Before Dawn' with a release date of June 23!!!!
    Also new single out on Tuesday is called 'Failure' :D

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I bought Saturate the day it came out and to this day I think it's their best album. Songs like "Water" and "Home" are just incredible to me even after all these years.

I think We Are Not Alone is their weakest album; I remember being really disappointed by it.

Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

Those titles sound like a total cliche.
    I am already disappointed.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I am hyped for this. Should be a fantastic album. I love all of their albums :)

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Looking forward to this. Saturate is their best album, everything else is just okay but it doesn't make my ears bleed or anything. :lol:

Dragondust

Dragondust Lingering distortion LPA VIP

[video]https://youtu.be/2B8bXYXTb-o[/video]

TheRadiance

TheRadiance Guardian

This song is incredibly generic...not that they were a groundbreaking band or anything but I expected better. The instrumentation sounds ripped straight from a couple of their other songs. Used to be a huge fan and hopefully there are a couple good songs on the album.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I like it. It's nice to hear something new from them again.