Breaking the Habit Music Video??!!

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by insanechica007, Jan 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Right. That's why I said I'm only ninety percent sure. I know it's about his friend, but I'm not entirely sure if his friend committed suicide or not. I remember Mike talking about it in an interview. I'd love to ask Mike, but that's a little too personal.

Black_Roses

Black_Roses Well-Known Member

yes chester was addicted to cocaine, and the song is about self mulitaltion,

#1-LP-FAN

#1-LP-FAN Banned

Until just recently, Linkin Park cannot perform this song on stage because Chester always breaks down in tears when he sings it. Its about his emotional abused childhood.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Except that it's not... they've been playing it for over a year. It's about a friend of Mike's who had been doin' some bad shit (although it is not known what this is), and had been trying to write it for several years.

#1-LP-FAN

#1-LP-FAN Banned

Actually you are wrong if you look here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chester_Bennington you will notice that it says that Chester was abused as a child and it backs up everything that i have said. Mike wrote the lyrics of this song for Chester. This song is about Chesters abused childhood and he breaks down every time he sings it.

Minus

Just because Chester was abused as a kid doesn't mean the song is about him.

The lyrics just aren't consistent with your arguement. The song is about self-mutilation and bad decisions on the person's part, not things that have been done to him. Therefore, it's about someone who did something wrong, not someone who was abused as a child.

The logic doesn't connect.

P.S. Just because Wikipedia says it doesn't mean it's true. Wikipedia is an open-document encyclopedia, meaning anyone can go in and write whatever they want. If it sounds consistent, it will stay. Wikipedia's are not official, and therefore they are due for some inconsistencies.

The most reliable places for this info are LPA and the official LP website.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Chester breaks down because he relates to the song alot, but it wasn't about him. ;).

Try showing a quote where Mike says it's about Chester before claiming and assuming asinine things. You need to be able to know when to back down when you're wrong.

Amanda

Amanda RIP Chester LPA Super VIP

not to be rude..but i would suggest that you all read the From the Inside Book. It says exactly what the video is about and so does the BTH DVD/Cinemanga. They both rock. Check em out! :lol:

anyway the song and video were both directed towards all of LP's fans who have told the band their stories of how their (linkin park's) music had either changed or saved their lives. Either Mike or Joe said that the video was a mix of all of these peoples' stories into one collaborative video.

In the video you are taken to a futuristic city that is run by a giant centerfuse type thing...Chester dies from a fatal fall off of a building. You see a mist (his spirit) leave his body and travel through the vents in the apartment travelling to the different rooms and taking you through the tenants lives. As the song progresses the tape begins to run backwards to show you WHY these people were acting as they were you then get towards the end of the song were Chaz's spirit re-enters his body and you watch his fall take place in slow motion backwards. The song then progresses to the bridge were you see the entire band performing a hardcore jam-session.

wow that was a pretty good summary on my part for not looking back at the book or DVD..heehee. Anyway, you really should check the BTH DVD and FTI book out. They're both definately worth the money.

Hope I was of some help to you all. ^_^

Minus

Haha PWN.

On to the point, the video might be about other people, but the song itself was about Mike's friend. It might have been directed toward the fans later on, but originally it was all about the friend.

Amanda

really? i never heard that. Do you have a link to anything (im not doubting you I just want to read about it cuz im a nerd like that! ^_^ )

#1-LP-FAN

#1-LP-FAN Banned

Haha PWN.

On to the point, the video might be about other people, but the song itself was about Mike's friend. It might have been directed toward the fans later on, but originally it was all about the friend. [/b][/quote]
    You do not have concrete evidence that this is about mike's friend. I know it is wrong because on numerous lp fan website, they stated that the song was wrote for chester by mike. I have websites to back up my statement, wheres yours?

Minus

You do not have concrete evidence that this is about mike's friend. I know it is wrong because on numerous lp fan website, they stated that the song was wrote for chester by mike. I have websites to back up my statement, wheres yours? [/b][/quote]
    Haha.

No.

Watch those old LPTV episodes or the Meteora DVD.

I don't have websites... I have official videos.

Edit: And here's some logic proving my point.

Meteora Booklet: "Mike had been trying to write a song around this lyrical idea for over five years..." The album was released in 2003. Chester joined the band in 1998. 2003-5=1998. Why would Mike write a song about someone he had just met?

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

It's on the internet, it must be true! :rolleyes:

You see those are what we would like to call opinions, and no, you do not have 'concrete proof'. What you have are a bunch of 13-15 year olds who have a similar opinion, and opinion does not mean fact. Way to go, chief.

Amanda

gotta say you've got a very solid point there. Great job with that one!

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

Okay, how about this?

in 2003, he said that he was trying this song for 5 years. 2003 - 5 = 1998. Mike didnt knew Chester, so he couldnt write the song for Chester.

You're welcome

Amanda

errr.... Minus Xero JUST said that....

...YOU'RE welcome

Minus

I feel learned!

Anyways, I can't find my Meteora DVD, must be in the car SOOO.... I'll have a quote with that later.

Amanda

lol take your time ^_^

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

I should pay attention to what everyone says :lol:

The quote goes something like this:

"Yeah, ive been trying to wrote this song for 5 years now. Last night i slept 2 hours because i didnt know what to write for the song."

Its close to that, so dont slap me if its wrong

Amanda

I dont even know the quote...

*slaps Chris anyway*

just kidding... sorry I'm really bored right now so I'm slightly hyper..haha. Forgive any "special" things I do right now... :teehee:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.