Burn It Down: 1 Year Later

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Blackened, Apr 10, 2013.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

It's fun at times, but I'm not that of a fan of the song. The big poppy edge to it annoys me.

Not as terrible as some might say though.

Avo

Avo Don't Stop Running

Still don't like it. Would've been a lot better as an instrumental.

Nick Hart

Nick Hart Well-Known Member

When it first came out I was actually so upset. I hated the simple lyrics, I hated the pop sound and didn't really get it. Now I get it, they wanted to play around with some older elements, it's fun to listen to sometimes but it's still not my favorite song off the album. I supposed anything is better than Lies Greed Misery though.

Emiltayeb

Emiltayeb Well-Known Member

if anyone remember that distorbed leak of it , wich came like a month before the song came out?

i'm looking for that for so long , just because i liked how it sounded there , i really cant explain.

someone have it?

Blackened

Blackened Blackened Symphony

I actually do have that copy you're talking about!

Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

The melody is amazing, but the rap and the beat are shit

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

The rap really was out of place. The lyrics were cool but the rap just felt cliché.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

:potato:

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

I loved it the first time I heard it. In one month's time I played the track 993 times so you can imagine how boring it got after the release of LIES GREED MISERY which instantly became one of my favorites. Since the entire album came out, all I've been hearing is how much people dislike the track and how its the weakest song even against TINFOIL which really makes me question what the hell some of you enjoy listening to, and now all I hear is the praise or the mixed critiques you guys are sharing as opposed to all the previous hate, sorry, but 1 word: hypocrites. Nonetheless, I've settled down with the whole album, picked out my favorite tracks and BURN IT DOWN is one of them, constantly played to this day and one of my favorites to work out with. A truly amazing song and the very definition behind LIVING THINGS as a whole.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

:lol: That version sounded like Joe farting on a snare drum after a double bean burrito.

snailharvest

snailharvest nice

It sounded like New Divide, which got me excited, then the actual song did not sound like New Divide.

I like it though.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Wut? How can you confirm the people who are praising BID here are the exact same who flamed it before?

You're too quick to judge.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Chorus lyrics still make me cringe.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Probably one of the very few tolerable songs off of LIVING THINGS​, in my opinion.

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Still the song to skip.

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

It's astonishing that this song has become the most polarizing Linkin Park song for LPA.

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

The song itself isn't THAT bad, but the politics behind it make it worse for me. I know that it wasn't a honest song that band wanted to make, and it was (IMO) made only because WB needed a first single. And plus, I have no idea what this song is about, so that's another reason for not caring about it.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

I think you're supposed to give it your own meaning homeslice. Strikes me as that kind of song.

CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Well-Known Member

Personally I am okay with Burn it Down. However I hate the video. Especially the freeze frame thingy effect. The song itself is great. I like the lyrics and glitchy effect which the band has nailed in LT completely. However the song does feel a bit sleepy in the 2nd verse.

Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

I love it. Of all the songs like it (What I've Done, New Divide, In My Remains, I'll Be Gone), it's without a doubt my favorite. The vocals are powerful, and although vague, I've given my own meaning to the lyrics. I see it as some sort of epic fairytale being told by one of the characters within the story itself. With this particular song, I don't think any interpretation can be completely dismissed.

I see it like this: Linkin Park makes an insane amount of unique songs. This is especially true since Minutes To Midnight. In Between, In Pieces, The Little Things Give You Away, When They Come For Me, The Catalyst, Castle of Glass, Roads Untraveled...the list goes on. Every one of those songs is not only different from each other, but different from anything else LP or any other band has put out. Sometimes, like what's true with the BID/WID/IMR type songs, it's nice to have those songs that are nothing but pure, upbeat/uptempo headbangers which you can enjoy at any given time. I see absolutely nothing wrong with indulging in those songs from time to time. Especially considering they make up a VERY small percent of LP's entire catalog.