Burn It Down: 1 Year Later

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Blackened, Apr 10, 2013.

Hans Muster

Hans Muster Well-Known Member

True. But if you think about it, actually all lead singles were kind of polarizing. I wouldn't be surprised if that was intended.

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

It's interesting that everyone is talking about how up for interpretation this song is. Chester did an interview last year where he said Burn It Down had the most obvious meaning out of any song on the album. I tend to agree with all of you though.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Though I'll probably never call it a favourite, I've always liked "Burn It Down" at least a little and I definitely it a little more now than I did when I first bought "Living Things". Except for the rap verse in the bridge. I'm still not sure if I like that part

The video for the song is my favourite one from the "Living Things" cycle.

In my personal opinion, "Tinfoil" is, in and of itself, more interesting sonically and musically in comparison to "Burn It Down". Many of us here have broad musical tastes which can't just be whittled down to a choice between two Linkin Park songs.

Opinions can change over time. That's actually kind of the entire premise of a thread like this.

UNiPersona

UNiPersona previously known as STARKINATOR

That is undoubtedly my least favorite song off Living Things. Sounds sooooooo ordinary, which is the last thing I expect from them..

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Just for future reference if you submit a reply by accident before you're finished, you can edit your post by clicking the "edit post" button below the post and modify anything you want. This will save you having to double post. :chuck:

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

No offense but I am not sure you actually know what the definition of hypocrite is because what you've just described surely isn't it. Opinions often change, musical taste change, hell, people change. No one here is purporting that Burn it Down is shit while still liking the song. People are saying that they used to not like it so much but like it more now, which is in no way whatsoever hypocritical. It's liking a meh song (in my opinion) but it's not wrong, and it's nothing to look down upon either.

Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

Still an awful song, possibly the worst they've written.

Star Scream

Star Scream Does A Machine Like You Ever Experience Fear

amazing the first time i heard it. now it's just an average song for me

Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

This is one of those threads that really needs a poll on it.

I'm actually one of those people who weren't impressed in the beginning, and now it's like the only song on the album i'll revisit often.

Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

Apart from the lyrics, this song feels like it was made the night before Living Things was mastered. The instrumental is just boring and feels way too artificial. Still doesn't mean I won't rock out and enjoy the hell out of it though whenever I listen to it.