BURN IT DOWN Puzzle - Ongoing Progress (Full Puzzle Complete)

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Apr 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adiek84

Adiek84 Well-Known Member

I have a feeling we only get another serious hint when the Burn it Down-Puzzle is finished. Then onto the next one! XD

2. ShinodaTwin

ShinodaTwin Linkinland is the new Disneyland

I know I maybe off track with this being in connection with Inception, but Inception was released on July 16, 2010. Burn it Down is released April 16, 2012. There are 16 puzzles. Just a thought I had. I could be wrong though. Maybe 16 is a number we should be using?

3. DJSchirms

DJSchirms Member

Dont forget about all this Puzzle thing:

In first way it's promotion and hype. So if you could look at their chartbeats (which is in the HTML code too) you would see a really high amount of clicks. So why they should stop that hype that early? ;)

4. LPSerbia

LPSerbia Active Member

Hi guys, I'm glad to become a part of such a great LP forum as LPA is...
    Now, I don't see why would they make another puzzle like this on "livingthings.linkinpark.com". I "can" see the satisfaction when they see us breaking our b!$%s to figure out what to do with numbers. I think that "Living Things" could be the name of the album, and that they are just 'preparing the field' for the new album. We will have the new single in 5 days, so I don't see the point for another puzzle... Oh, and, does anyone know is there any possibility to solve some of the previous puzzles, because there is couple of them that I haven't solved on time.

5. ernieball003

ernieball003 Well-Known Member

My sister was born on August 16, so she's gotta be involved. :leo:

6. Slim Shinoda

Slim Shinoda Iron Man

They can make a new puzzle about album cover :drevil:

7. Adiek84

Adiek84 Well-Known Member

That's true. Also, they probably got a predefined timeline, when which puzzle part or hint is released. This won't change, just because we got the key words earlier.

8. Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

The Living Things Give You Away.

9. skyzlmt

skyzlmt Well-Known Member

Inception was also done under the Warner Brothers umbrella. :leo:

10. LPSerbia

LPSerbia Active Member

:sweating: Sure, and as a present for solving the puzzle we will get album for free!:trololo:

11. MaoChouChan

MaoChouChan Well-Known Member

WHOA, they retweeted ME? How come I can't see it in my Twitter?
    Has the account been locked? o_O

12. skyzlmt

TrollHAXX

13. Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

Everyone REALLY needs to stop linking this puzzle with Inception... Yes it was a good movie and sold a lot, yes it has to do with time and mindfucks, and yes I'm sure the band likes the movie, but in no way is a random movie related to Linkin Park.

14. CylockDNB

CylockDNB Well-Known Member

15. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

The LP2K12 twitter isn't real.

16. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Hey look, I see those always superior, gloating Brazilian people who like to drop subtle parcels of insider information around without backing it up. :come2brazil:

Anyway... the Living Things theory is something we've been pursuing since the first couple days of this puzzle and it's being backed up by every puzzle so far. This has to be IT. There's nothing else in my mind.

It's an unbelievable coincidence that on the same day this theory gets publicised by Linkin Park, a Brazilian LP fansite cites it as the new album title, on the same exact day! Their insider source at Warner must have been on the ball with the findings and thought immediately to contact LPBR and tell them it's the album title, well, either that or LPBR took the theory we worked on here and then threw shit at the wall and hoped it'd stick.

Either way, Living Things is now a sub-domain waiting to be filled at http://livingthings.linkinpark.com. There is still a possibility it isn't the album name and I'm hoping it isn't, but as for this puzzle? I think we're done. I'd like to think we're not but deep down I think we're done. It's slightly disheartening that there isn't an end-game to this puzzle, there's never been that confirmation from anyone to know if we got it. If that was the case we would have solved this a long time ago when we first mentioned Living Things, which was way back in the hundreds probably. I remember hitting it into URL's and Terminals and fuck knows what to no avail. It's sad to think that we solved it so long ago and all this time we've been chasing alternate theories because there never was that confirmation we needed.

The only other option is that Living Things is an extension of a phrase, made up of letters we derive from other means, for example "The End Of All Living Things", Living Things in a context like this seems more plausible, but who knows? With the domain waiting to go live it could be just simply be Living Things. Here's hoping it's not the album name, because it'll be disheartening to know we solved this a long time ago only to be over-shadowed by guesswork hours later.

17. skyzlmt

How do you know, it's not your totem...

Spinning-top-inception.jpg :leo:

18. MaoChouChan

MaoChouChan Well-Known Member

Even if it isn't I'm not very happy my interactions tab didn't show it.
    But I've missed several RTs of myself in the past so I guess it's a twitter bug -.-

19. KYLE!

KYLE! If i'm not back in 5 minutes ... Just wait longer.

I know that someone posted this already but I can't believe that LP would name the album "Living things." The name just doesn't sound like its a LP album title. Maybe a song but not the album title.

Definition of living thing - a living thing must be capable of growth, reproduction and metabolism

20. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.