BURN IT DOWN Puzzle - Ongoing Progress (Full Puzzle Complete)

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Apr 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Figure.2012

Figure.2012 I'MA ROBOT BOY!

Well like I said....just a guess, 3rd puzzle isn't up for me yet :mad:

2. rusa162

rusa162 Well-Known Member

New puzzle should be up in 2 hours

3. Figure.2012

Figure.2012 I'MA ROBOT BOY!

Says 19:00 PST for me and its 7PM where I live..

4. LizV-LPStreetSoldier4Life

LizV-LPStreetSoldier4Life Linkin Park Street Soldier 4 LIFE!! :)

It won't let me try to solve the first one! I didn't have time last night and today the second one popped up today so I did that one but now it won't even let me try to solve the first one! :( Any help?

5. Nick_Watanabe

Nick_Watanabe Active Member

Trollnoda :dino::WTF:

6. Emiltayeb

Emiltayeb Well-Known Member

it's the same time also in israel 21:00 and in the right corener it's also sad 21:00 pst

7. Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

Anyone know the exact time the first puzzle was posted? If so then the 3rd puzzle should theoretically be posted at the same time.

8. Nick_Watanabe

Nick_Watanabe Active Member

So now on the West Coast it's 11am we'll have to wait another 4 hours...

Nevermind, I'm out for some drinks and by the time I'll come back it'll be another 2 puzzles :awesome:

9. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Mine says 13:00 pst so I guess I'm getting it in 2 hours.

10. EsauL.09

EsauL.09 Active Member

there is more to do

mike said - there is more to do . So .... what else can we do :S ?

11. EVIL_ASH25

EVIL_ASH25 Member

no i'm pretty it's based on pacific standard time since mine says 14:00 and its 14:00 on the east coast.

12. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Why the fuck are both of my puzzles mixed up now? I saved them and everything. I just went back to Linkinpark.com and signed in through my Facebook and both of the pictures are scrambled again... I'm gonna be pissed if I miss out on something cool if I can't get my solved puzzles back.

13. box1992

box1992 and the sun will set for you

pst and est is a 3hr difference right?

14. lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Maybe they should have waited another day to make sure everything is right before updating the site with the puzzles.

15. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Have you closed the browser or erased your cookies? Maybe that's why, but even though I got my 1st one scrambled this morning, after I finished the 2nd one and logged in, the 1st one came back together.

Oh and logging in through LP.com will not have any effect on the puzzles. I logged in first and then went to BID.LP.com and still the 1st one was messed up.

16. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

The site has been buggy for a lot of people. Hopefully the third puzzle still shows up for you. Do you still have a time on the upper right?

17. Hybrid

It's covered up by the quadrants, but I think it says 13:00. Also, there is no "logout" button on the bottom...

18. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

That's why, you're logged out and the site doesn't recognize you. But don't worry, you are safe if you saved correctly when you solved them.

19. Hybrid

I hope so because I dedicated time to that...

20. Gust

Gust En Proceso

burnitdown.jpg burnitdown2.jpg

I made some discoveries by seeing the source code. In the first image I found that in the script (the one with the DOM tab enabled, which shows all the images shown on the page, including the LP logo on the header and the LP logo on the lower leftmost), there's two of the "lines" (11 and 8, the ones I marked in green) which has sightly differences with the other ones. When seeing in detail the attributes in these lines, there's some base64 code which, I think, it's the coded version of the image (don't know how to decode these, though). The other lines, which shows a "R0IGODlh...TAEAOw==" are a bit 'transparent' than these two, and indicates that they are 'disabled' for now. There are exactly 14 of them, which means that, as we thought, there's 14 more pieces of the puzzle to complete.
    I don't know if by searching in this part of the code we can "enable" this lines and "show" the missing parts... Maybe they are already 'online', or maybe they are uploading the pieces at the reported time. The only thing I know, it's that the images are encoded in base64. I think so.

The other screenshot shows the source html code, which again 'confirms' that there's 14 more puzzles to go. I tried to 'edit' this one by renaming the classes of the div tags (if you look, there's a "square complete", which is the first puzzle -the one with Chester's head-, and a "square current complete", which is the last puzzle we solved -the one with the ¿chest?-). But nothing happened by editing and changing the other squares to "square complete". It just shows a black space where that piece of the puzzle should be. The only thing I can figure by this is the "number" of each of the 16 pieces.

I'm deeply sorry if I'm not being clear by all of this, I hardly tried to explain this in english (I'm sure my english is not so good) and figuring this out at the same time. Hope you can understand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.