BURN IT DOWN Puzzle - Ongoing Progress (Full Puzzle Complete)

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Apr 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaoChouChan

MaoChouChan Well-Known Member

Again, as long as you can't come up with any other hint, let people follow it if they want to.

I think we've already tried finding logina for the Acquia website and since that page is just a placeholder I think it's a dead end. Acquia is a hosting service that would not make their content accessible like that, I believe.

So what can we do now?

-Keep tweeting the companies and LP about the error.

-Speculate about possible hints (ALSO those that seem to be fake because to me thetr have been to many people doubting Stl22's theory and even the Tumblr video)

-Try to find another hint.

I would like to ask everyone to choose one option or stop posting stuff that doesn't lead us anywhere like "Give up" or "all hints are fake anyways".
    PLEASE. Okay?

2. Outlaw

Outlaw And so it begins...

I have an idea guys! since the tumblr website was LP2k12.tumblr.com instead of LP2012.tumblr.com, we can take the 0's to be K's :trollface:

3. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Guys, it's 5:42AM on the West Coast (California time). It'll be hours before anyone's likely even awake to notice the site is down. Just walk away for now and it'll all be fixed within the next 5-7 hours probably.

4. ZoeLinkingal

ZoeLinkingal The Unforgiving

How is it possible that I would know all that? I just came on and who knows which page your replies are? Can't you just be more considerate and tell me nicely? Whatever did I do to you. Be gracious, I am not psychic.

5. Bruno

Bruno Each word gets lost in the echo...

THIS. That's exactly how I feel. The puzzles got me very excited but the lack of information and response from LP is making me feel frustrated. I guess we got the real answer and they didn't said a word about it for days, what's the point on making these puzzles if they don't say anything about the conclusions we come up with? Still, I think the site is down for some reason, and I hope when the site is up we really have something new.

6. OddOneOut

OddOneOut Member

I'm not saying that these hints are fake but they just are not needed, we should have been able to solve this as of the 9th of April so, fake or not, I reckon we haven't solved it with this whole LIVING THINGS business otherwise wouldn't LP have contacted us and told us what to do with what probably isn't the answer...

7. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

The LPA smiley memes are a momument of our forum's awesomeness.

8. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

HEY GUYS! I JUST CREATED AN ACCOUNT ON YOUTUBE CALLED LP2K13WB AND MADE IT SO THE NAME SAYS LINKIN PARK ON THE VIDEO AND UPLOADED A COPY OF THE TUMBLR VIDEO! I MUST BE A PART OF THE PUZZLE RIGHT?

Link

Let's see how long it takes this to be taken down.

9. _Depression

_Depression Well-Known Member

I'm confused, I WANT people to be looking for answers... but _good_ answers with facts and hints from _legitimate_ sources.

Saying I should let people go on their merry way tracking down red herrings is like saying "No, don't tell Johnny that the person saying that Venus is inhabited by sentient Tootsie Rolls is wrong, let him do his doctoral thesis on it!"

10. ZoeLinkingal

ZoeLinkingal The Unforgiving

I find it weird why Acquia Hosting comes up after I type in http://livingthings.linkinpark.com/

This is like, we get a link to a FaceBook photo but we are not logged in thus we are redirected to the main FaceBook login page.

If we translate, it is that we get a link to the snippet but we are not logged in thus... yea you get what I mean.

But of course, if this Acquia Hosting is totally not the deal then I have no more ideas to add. I just played around with the links and I got that link :/ The whole "another terminal password" thing is in my head... Maybe the password could be for that site? I mean, WHY in god's name would a hosting site have linkinpark in it?! Or even living things?! Too much of a coincidence?

11. Mindspeak

Mindspeak Active Member

Well if there will be no official statement about the downtime, it's definitely on purpose!
    If the downtime wasn't planned, they would tweet something like: "Sorry we're having difficulties"

12. Hybrid

If there was a "Like" button, it would have been pressed on this post. Hahah! :lol:

13. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

[youtube]vrKYb0WRTHI[/youtube]

Why isn't anyone taking my video seriously? I even made the youtube page say "Uploaded by Linkin Park." Seriously. Go check. That MUST mean I'm legit.

14. _Depression

_Depression Well-Known Member

I don't think this is the case. I think whoever is behind the puzzle - be it the LPteam, e&e, or Uprising Creative - had altered the page code and set their computer to automatically update the page at the time it was supposed to (50 minutes ago now), but in the process messed up the coding. Unfortunately, there's no one monitoring the page who can fix it and so we're stuck with this until a site dev can get on.

15. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

OMG.. the site is down... burn it down//

16. Hybrid

Sounds legit.:trollface:

17. Nish

Nish Well-Known Member

Seems legit guys

18. MaoChouChan

MaoChouChan Well-Known Member

I agree with you, and I have really worried why LP did not confirm it.
    But I think it's obvious that the are really CHALLENGING us.
    Mike said "stl22 is close" AFTER he had started deciphering the "LIV._...." letters and since there is a subdomain registered under that name, I consider that riddle TO BE SOLVED.
    One cannot register other people's domain, it's simply not allowed and Acquia is a serious web hosting company.
    So this has lead me to the idea that LP simply want to give us as less hints as possible, even though I agree with most peeps in here that they are seriously getting it over the top at this point. XD

19. NateXY

NateXY I was by your side, powerless.

:trollface:

20. Dismantle

Dismantle First person to create a 'Robot Boy' Remix

Dude...that's really funny...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.