"BURN IT DOWN" Released In Full On Linkin Park's Official Site | Available on iTunes

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. livingthings

livingthings New Member

the song is just awesome!!! i love it so much, also can't wait for the new whole ablum!!!
    keep repeating and repeating burn it down................YEAH!:headbang:

2. Requiem1394

Requiem1394 Well-Known Member

I don't like it, but I am not disappointed. It is very similar to many of their poppy singles from the past. Feels safe in the same way WID did... easy to swallow for everyone. Considering how their intent was to incorporate old and new, I am still excited for the album. Like others, I was hoping for the shock of hearing The Catalyst for the first time, but this doesn't bother me.

3. cloudscream

cloudscream Static

I was hoping for some hipster material. Oh wait

4. Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

Loading 720P... longest 4 mins of my life lol

5. thegame87

thegame87 Well-Known Member

Is anyone else super excited to hear Chester Really sing!
    I know he always sings - but this shows that he is easily one of the best Rock singers of all time. He has some many variances in his voice.
    I got goosebumps when I first heard it.

The song is very radio friendly but his voice, the lyrics, the melodic rapping. This album is going to be hit after hit. I don't care that it might be more "poppier". I don't care what genre it falls under - as long as it sounds good!

Oh and for what is worth - it sounds amazaballs! Easily one of their Strongest First Singles!

6. the enigma

the enigma The Routine Scar

THIS.

Uh...pretty much every recording studio uses ProTools. It's kind of a thing. ProTools itself is a fantastic editing program, but doesn't do much in the way of creating content.

7. RapidGunner

RapidGunner The Catalyst

You said it buddy! :awesome:

8. Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

Burn It Down Y U NOT LONGER??!!

9. LinkinParkForever275

LinkinParkForever275 Linkin Park is my religion!

Its just awesome!! Really love the album Cover as well!! Definitly going to pre order today & get my burn it down copy from iTunes

10. Gman2887

Gman2887 Well-Known Member

I like it, but I'm not blown away by it. It's no Catalyst. It's a safe single and a safe song, but at least the lyrics are solid and the underlying music is really fantastic. Kind of hard to go back to Mike's old style of rapping after his work on A Thousand Suns though. Hopefully he continues to play with that on other songs.

11. the enigma

the enigma The Routine Scar

Oh yeah, on topic.

I love it. I loved the previews and couldn't wait to hear it in full, and I do like it. Personally, I only have good things to say about it. The consistent tempo is great, the lyrics are simple, sure, but simple doesn't mean shallow. This song all at once feels like it could've been on MTM but could fit on ATS, but could be the result of their original demos.

Linkin Park remains my favorite band, and I've thoroughly enjoyed everything they've released. This does get me quite excited for "Living Things."

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  12. Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

I love 'fan the flames your blazes burn'!

13. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Pros:
    -Mike's rapping is superb
    -The instrumental is solid
    -I think the lyrics are pretty good. The Chorus is a bit meh but it's better with the context of the verses.
    -It actually is a new kind of style for the band. It's nice to see them break off into more sub-genres.

Cons:
    -To be honest, I never found the chorus to be all that catchy. It's fine and all, but I've heard far better from this band.
    -I'm fine with a mix of old and new. However, I was really hoping that the predictable sound structure that plagued HT/M wasn't going to be brought back. I'm not saying they needed to pull off another The Catalyst, but I felt like they could have done something to spice it up; especially at the end. If there's more structures like this on the album, I'm going to be extremely disappointed. But given that this is the first single, I still have high hopes that won't be the case.

We'll see if the song grows on me. It most likely will. But as of now there's not one song on ATS that I would put BID ahead of.

14. Spooky

Spooky Well-Known Member

Absolutely love it! once again. New kind of style. but those voices will always be Linkin Park. whatever they sing.
    I love the power on the chorus. and i love the little breakdown.

I also love the clean singing and the more screamy but not too screamy chorusses. and the mike old rap return is badass, for some reason that is making me imagine a mike without a beard when i listen to it, haha! its just a mix of everything. The fact that they share this and enjoy making this music as a band. is a blessing itself :)

15. Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

LOVE IT

16. Spiderguy252

Spiderguy252 Awaiting LP in India

Let's face it, guys.

The song is horrible!

17. box1992

box1992 and the sun will set for you

Love it, hope for more rap and screaming in other songs, but a great first single, been on repeat for an hour already lol

18. 28thART

28thART The Hard Way

Its not mind blowing, but really nice, gave it 8/10.
    waiting for the next tracks ^_^.
    the great thing, as i love motion graphics and random digital art, the music of the song fits totally with'm, happy !

19. Rosh

Rosh Well-Known Member

I think I may be buying the WB label theory to keep things safe. But it's so hard to believe...after this much success, how could the label not respect LP's creative choices anymore?

20. hybrid.theory7

hybrid.theory7 Well-Known Member

OMG epic ,this is awesome,love the electronica and guitars,like someonw else told haters are gonna hate and potatoes are gonna potate

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.