Chester Bennington Confirms Joining Stone Temple Pilots as Lead Singer, Possible New Album & Tour

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 19, 2013.

1. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I refuse to close a thread due to stupidity. People just need to stop tripping balls and accept the fact that this is no different than Fort Minor or DBS. It's a side project that will have no harm to Linkin Park, whatsoever.

2. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

You forgot to put that inlarge, bold, pink, italic font for the stupid to understand. :p

3. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Great scott, you're right! I did! Fixed.

4. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

:awesome:

And now everyone wins!

5. Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

What if they are rushing an album out to be done with the label and then split up into other projects

#CONSPIRASWAG

#OVER9000POSSIBILITIESROLFMAO

#SARCASAMTOTHEELITEEXTREME

(In case it wasn't clear, I don't actually think the band is gonna split up.)

Last edited: May 23, 2013
  6. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

This would be true if Chester 1) permanently left Linkin Park and 2) disassociated himself from his history with the band. Neither of which has happened and neither of which is going to happen. The "rumour" that Chester is leaving Linkin Park only exists because of you and other idiots who agree with you. If you're also the stock that goes down as a result of said rumour, then, I guess that that's a necessary and acceptible loss.

But I digress. What happens if Stone Temple Pilots' new music is "better" than Linkin Park's new music? Nothing. The whole thing is subjective anyway. Both bands will write the best music that they can for their fans to hear and that's all there is to it. Each band's music will speak for itself. It's not gonna be about any sort of competition. Stylistically, the two acts can't even be compared so you sell each act short when you try.

This can be applied to a million different things but another way to look at it is, it's like when Linkin Park hire an opening band for show or tour. Neither band necessarily goes in wanting to top the other; both bands play their music for the audience to hear, trying to leave the best impression that they can, and that's it; it isn't about competing at all. In fact, LP will hire an act because they like them and because they feel that the band will put on a great show that will hype up the crowd.

No, Pilots aren't an opening band for LP (though I guess the reverse must have been true at one point) and, no, that's not a perfect analogy, but I'm hoping against hope that you get my point nonetheless.

What you should worry about as a Linkin Park fan is whether or not LP will deliver an album that tops "Living Things". If you're a Pilots fan, you'll wonder whether this upcoming Pilots album will live up to their past work with Scott Weiland or whatever. Each band simply works to top themselves rather than each other. And Chester will bring his A-game to whatever project he works on.

7. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Thank you, Derek! Especially for using pink to prove the very obvious point! :awesome:

8. Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

I am offended at the use of pink.

Purple is the most superior colour.

9. minuteforce

Yeah - you know, pink actually is pretty cool. :)

10. RapidGunner

RapidGunner The Catalyst

True. Too bad that it's associated with femininity and guys are taught by the society from childhood not to use it anywhere. :p

Anyways, about the STP thing, I agree that people here are overreacting. Guys, just be happy that we'll be getting to hear more badass rock music from a wonderful 90s band, this time with one of the best vocalists in modern rock.

As for the idiots getting angry over Chester, think of this - What if Linkin Park (or any other fav band of yours) turned up in your doorstep and asked you join their band? Would you, in your right mind, ever say no? ;)

11. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

For some reason, I want Linkin Park to take longer breaks between albums. They make better albums that way. It can give them more rest, especially since they're much older now. Plus, it gives more time to their side projects. I don't really mind waiting 10 years for another Linkin Park album, as long as it's good. Besides, Linkin Park will never break up anyways, so I'm not worried while waiting.

12. Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

All right, new topic! Not posting this because I have a knowledge of STP songs (I really don't, I'm still new to them), but what old STP songs would you be excited to hear Chester sing that he didn't sing yet, guys/STP fans?

I would say "Interstate Love Song", but he already did that and I don't know much else.

13. minuteforce

This topic deserves its own thread.

14. hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

How the hell did people come to the idea that Chester would leave Linkin Park in the first place?

15. minuteforce

"Chester's writing/recording/performing/doing anything outside of the Linkin Park umbrella; therefore, Chester is permanently leaving Linkin Park."

:disgust:

16. Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

Blue works for me! Pink too cute anyway. Why not plum?

17. minuteforce

Neither of those is as cool as pink. In fact, that shade of blue is atrocious against the post background

18. Stpilots98

Stpilots98 Active Member

Started an STP thread.

http://www.lpassociation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38992&p=1249564#post1249564

19. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

It's not pink, it's lightish red. :samuel:

20. laura

laura Well-Known Member

don't worry be happy

Last edited: May 23, 2013