Chester Bennington Confirms Joining Stone Temple Pilots as Lead Singer, Possible New Album & Tour

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 19, 2013.

Evan

Evan Well-Known Member

What I'm worried about, above all, is how Linkin Park has any time to rehearse all the unplayed LT songs for their upcoming Asia tour. Hell, I got worried when I heard they were spending their off-time writing for the next album - now this? I'm still hoping for at least IBG, Powerless, and RU at the very least. However I believe Chester when he says LP will remain his top priority; the band has definitely made it through "worse" times than these.
    The new song has really been growing on me too.

Last edited: May 20, 2013
    Rezanator

Rezanator Well-Known Member

Nice interview and Chester basically confirmed what I said last night about him enjoying this kind of music and his range. He clearly in my mind prefers singing grunge type of songs and we all know that from his days pre-LP. He has a very good voice for this style and he obviously wanted to get back into it and what better band than the one he idolized! I'm happy that he's happy and I think he can do both LP and STP. He's a pro and he knows what he can handle at this point in his career. I like how he didn't trash Weiland either.

Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

Give the rest of the band a little time to voice their opinions. At least a day. In general, they haven't been as talkative as they used to be. I find it a bit doubtful Chester would front two bands without both of their blessings.

And, I know that the band has been a big part of our lives. Mine too. But everything ends eventually. All the more important to not spoil what you got now.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

It's not exactly trolling if you are admitting that you are trolling. Just saying. ;)

Also, I really don't think we have anything to worry about. I think it's awesome that Chester is fulfilling one of his lifelong dreams to front one of his favorite bands of all time. I understand it must be hard for hardcore STP fans to take in that Scott Weiland was replaced, but that dude is sketchy as fuck. At least with Chester they don't have to worry about any drug and alcohol problems on and off tour.

Geki

Geki >.

It's not the same for them, though. Imagine what all of would be saying if Mike was kicked out of Linkin Park and replaced by someone else, we would hate it either way. Yes, Scott was a massive douche at times and he did have a bad problem, but it will be tough for them to take in.

CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Well-Known Member

Talking about statements, here's one from Phoenix -
    STP has an awesome new singer! I got to see them play last night and they killed it! You might know this guy...
    [​IMG]
    https://twitter.com/phoenixlp/status/336151361269944320

On the other hand, Mike and Official LP have retweeted Chester's original tweet. I don't think that they would make another official statement.

Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

I'm getting worry :(

Evan

Evan Well-Known Member

As worried as some of us are, I actually cannot stop LAUGHING about this
    [video=youtube;ZHiEYrJJlZY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHiEYrJJlZY&feature=player_embedded[/video]
    Chester is just so sporadic and ridiculous it makes me laugh :lol:

MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

I really dont think Chester would leave LP, he knows how big and famous LP have become, I mean look what LP has achieved over the years. Their Debut album becoming a smash hit,
    sold out concerts over the years, every single album is a success, look how many awards the band has won. We really shouldnt worry about too much. But we all have to worry about that day
    when LP decides to call it quits that day will be very sad. LP has helped me through my life too and they still help me through my struggle everyday this band is my life even tho i dont like their new stuff but still
    when ever im sad, angry, depressed all i have to do is Blast LP and they make everything feel better so i know what you mean.

Blackened

Blackened Blackened Symphony

Well...I'm shocked! 0_o

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

next up, Mike joins the Beastie Boys

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

And Brad makes an album with Britney Spears

:bradwink:

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

And Rob joins Aerosmith. :nekurogedoro:

Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

I'm not worried or torn at all. Rather, I'm excited! What's funny is that I'm not a Stone Temple Pilots fan (the only knowledge I ever had about Scott Weiland was Velvet Revolver). I knew about STP, but never listened to any of their songs. This suddenly peaked my interest in the band. I guess I'm very attracted to whatever the guys do outside of Linkin Park. :lol:

Chester fulfilled something I've always dreamed about: being able to rock out (and maybe even be a part of, which he is now) your favorite rock band. I have nothing but faith that he can balance this out; as someone said earlier, there's no way a guy with "LINKIN PARK" tatted on his lower back is going to leave Linkin Park. If Corey Taylor can do both Slipknot and Stone Sour, why be worried over Chester doing both LP and STP? Of course, this is just me, but I'm absolutely happy and proud of him. Couldn't have happened to a better guy.

Plus, Mike and Dave retweeted Chester's Tweet about the STP download and Dave was at the show enjoying it. Unless you want Joe/Brad/Rob to comment on it for full validation, I think this pretty much supports the "Linkin Park is completely supportive of Chester" statement.

And Joe becomes the third official member of Daft Punk.

Last edited: May 20, 2013
    laura

laura Well-Known Member

my hart is broken

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Seriously, though, don't be so pessimistic. The hell, folks? :lol:

The_Unknown

The_Unknown Active Member

To know LP is so well tied together, specially Mike and Chester, I hardly believe they will break anytime soon.
    On the other side, you can't fully trust what the members say, as long as they are bound by a monstrous discographical contract. I'm not into that business, but I think since they sign a contract, the contractor "invests" into them, and you, as signed, can't simply go out there and harm the image you signed and are getting paid for.

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Some of you people are acting like a bunch of fanboyish babies. Linkin Park aren't breaking up. Next topic.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

STOP IT YES THEY ARE :cocainefan:

The_Unknown

The_Unknown Active Member

Besides, Chino Moreno has 3 bands, 4 if you count Team Sleep, and still does Deftones.
    Maynard J. Kennan has 3 bands too.
    If a musician likes to experiment more, he has just to go out and try different branches.