Chester Bennington Confirms Joining Stone Temple Pilots as Lead Singer, Possible New Album & Tour

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 19, 2013.

Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

Mike is going to become an electronic artist. DUBSTEP AND ELECTRO FROM MIKE SHINODA PLEASE. Look at Wuki and Knife Party.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

How do you even know that? Are you in his head?

And also, I think Mike must have a ton of work right now. I think it's way MORE important for them to support eachother even in secrecy rather that having to validate anything in public or twitter.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

I can't believe this thread. I mean, let's look at the information we have so far:

- ''FYI, I'm never leaving LP, we're working on a new album and it's awesome!''

- Other members have been very supportive of his work with STP.

- STP says LP is his main interest is LP.

- They might have an album or a record.

- ''At this point it's probably me or Chester coming up with the demos.'' - Mike, 2 days before info on this.

- He joined the band a month ago.

- We're talking about a band who put out 2 albums in 13 years, it's not like he joined One Direction ffs.

And all of the sudden this is the death of LP? Or the posts about a hiatus? Seriously, it made me change my attitude from ''Oh great, more LP-related music! Yes!'' to ''What if they're right?''.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

^Thank. You.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

God dammit do people need to open their eyes to the whole story. If you actually paid attention to what is being said instead of coming up with your own self-induced pity party, you will see that there is absofuckinglutely nothing to worry about here. STP has now become a "side project." Did you people act the same way when Mike did Fort Minor or Chester did Dead By Sunrise? Calm yourselves, people.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

No, Joe, the doom and gloom is too great to cast the worry aside!

Linkin Park are going to become a My Little Pony cover band with Phoenix on vocals, and Mike as a background dancer draped in a purple and white kimono that resembles, you guessed it, ponies. This is the end of all things, the death of Linkin Park. Believe. :(

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

:(

But, I mean, change is good. Everyone here's been secretly begging to hear more Phoenix vocals anyway

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Stone Temple Pilots officially lost and gained a huge number of fans as of this week.

Dekar

Dekar swimmingsmoke LPA VIP

This thread is so ridiculous. :lol:

Hybrid

[​IMG]

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

^True, true.

Squish Mitten

Squish Mitten I'm a five-star general; infantry controller.

Actually, people in the STP forum aren't taking this news that badly. Many of them think its a step forward for the band and want to see how it all plays out.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Yes, I've noticed that too. But I would't go as far as to say they call it a "step forward". It's more like, they liked the new song and thought Chester performed pretty well at the Kroq show, so they're more open-minded about it. But it's cool to see anyway :)

Stpilots98

Stpilots98 Active Member

Hey guys, first time post. I'm very excited to hear the enthusiasm from LP fans about Chester joining STP. I'm a huge STP fan and have considered them to be my favorite band since early high school and consider Scott Weiland as my favorite vocalist of all time. With that being said I am extremely happy that Scott Weiland is not in the band anymore and Chester is taking his place. I've had enough of STP going back and forth with Scott through all of his troubles and lack of respect he has for the STP name. Chester has put a smile on the rest of band's faces and they all seem to be having fun again (which I haven't witnessed since '01 or so) I love how Chester is a huge STP fan and has the utmost respect for Scott and I'm sure he will kick ass on all the old music as well as the new ones.

I see a lot of people are not real familar with STP's music, so I'm going to help you out a little bit. I think a lot of people think of STP and think of Plush, Interstate, Sex Type Thing etc... and categorize them as "grunge" Everyone of STP's album is totally different from the previous and could be categorized as a different genre altogether. Anywhere here is a list of their albums and what songs I feel are highlights. Cheers!

Core (1992) Sex Type Thing, Plush, Piece of Pie, Sin, Crackerman. (More of a grunge album than any of the other releases)
    Purple (1994) Lounge Fly, Still Remains, Silvergun Superman, Big Empty, Army Ants (More alt rock I'd say, Still Remains is a must listen!)
    Tiny Music (1996) Big Bang Baby, Lady Picture Show, Trippin', And So I know, Adhesive (My favorite album and very very different than their first two)
    No.4 (1999) Down, Heavens and Hot Rods, Sour Girl, Glide, Atlanta (A mix of their first three albums. Glide and Atlanta are worth the price IMO)
    Shangri La Dee Da (2001) Wonderful, Too Cool Queenie, Hello It's Late, Bi-Polar Bear, Regeneration (This album sums up what I think STP is. It's not one of those albums you will like on first play I can almost guarantee you. Give it 3 or 4 listens.)
    S/T (2010) Take a Load Off, Huckleberry Crumble, As Fast as I can, First Kiss on Mars, Maver (My least favorite of their albums, the bridge in TALO is amazing and makes the song. Most of you probably won't understand First Kiss or Maver, it is a true Scott Weiland song!)

If you want to learn more go to www.belowempty.com Big STP fan forum and it seems some LP fans have made their way over.

Stpilots98

Stpilots98 Active Member

Its been a mixed bag really. Honestly thought most people would be really pissed!

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I haven't seen any positive comments about this whole matter from STP fans outside of this board. But, that said, I do tend to avoid comment sections

Stpilots98

Stpilots98 Active Member

Everything on social media seems to be very negative for sure. Their fan forum on belowempty seems to be mostly positive. Most people just want the rest of the band to be happy making music again. It seems like they were just going through the motions with Scott and the sad part is Scott can't even go through the motions anymore. The band needed some new life and I think Chester has given that to them.

Hybrid

It's cool to see this news from a different perspective. Welsome to the LPA, Stpilots98!

laura

laura Well-Known Member

I was pissed for his choice, but I understand your decision I hope I do not leave us.

Last edited: May 20, 2013
    Hybrid

STP has become a side project and they know it. Chester's number one priority is still LP.