Chester Bennington: new Linkin Park record out soon

Discussion in 'News' started by minuteforce, Nov 2, 2013.

Stino LPLeaks

Stino LPLeaks Well-Known Member

Oh god, their sixth studio album will be released soon??

Let's start talking about their seventh album then. :kappa:

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Welcome to a typical Linkin Park album cycle. :kappa:

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

I've witnessed couple of cycles but for some reason I trust every word they say...

KrylonShadow

KrylonShadow Well-Known Member

I'm sure modern technology is helping a great deal with this. They have said a few times that they've been getting ideas here and there, individually or together, since LT came out. More than ever I'm sure they've been sending each other seeds, getting on video chat and creating demos without even being together in a studio. Also, personally I find that the best ideas never come to me when I'm playing around with the sole intent of writing a song. They come when I least expect it. So it wouldn't be surprising to find that over time they came up with ~20 song ideas that are really solid and they're ready to jump in the studio, polish and record them, and have the album out soon. My guess is actually May for the album release. From a songwriting aspect they could be near complete but recording and mastering can take a while, and then marketing/artwork/PR/business crap can take months itself.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't expect anything (well, maybe a new single) before juny/july at the earliest :)

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

It's too optimistic to say Linkin Park's next album will come from the first 20~ seeds... They write a shit ton of seeds (not to the 100 level like MTM but you get the point), and they narrow it down from there..

Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

It's always so much contradictory information, but I love it all anyways. I especially am excited because Mike's said it won't sound like ALTNC or LT, so I'm excited to hear what new vibes the record has. I loved LT, but my favorite part of the LP album cycle is hearing what new stuff and sounds the band has incorporated into their album.

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

I get the feeling that the new album is going to have a much more folk feel it. During interviews before LT released, LP was always talking about how songs like Castle of Glass, Roads Untraveled & Skin to Bone started as folk-like songs, and then expanded them to what they sound like now. It would be cool to see what they could do with folk. I would love a folk LP album filled with nothing but songs like The Messenger.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Ok I think that's taking it too far.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Ok I think I agree with you :lol:

A folk EP would be nice though. But as far as an entire record is concerned...

Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

So...so far. Folk "elements" would be nice, but I couldn't take an album full of songs like The Messenger. I don't even listen to the studio version because he tried to push his voice to high and it doesn't sound great.

Now live...on the other hand.

Hans Muster

Hans Muster Well-Known Member

I remember when most people were like LP5 in 2012? NEVER, maybe 2013 or 14. And then suddenly Burn It Down :)potato:-version) came in. Considering what Mike said about modern technology and putting out albums in an 18-month-cycle and now this news, I think LP6 will rather come out in the first half of 2014 then in the second.

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

The Messenger Live in Madrid is so good!

I second this. I think LP6 is much further along than people realize. They had the whole tour to work on ideas and lots of time after tour to fully realize and finish those ideas. I expect a single to be dropped late February to early March, and the full album sometime in April.

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

I don't expect it to be, but I sincerely hope so.

xEsaul

xEsaul Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the majority of Living Things. I'm excited for their next direction. I'd love to see another album similar to ATS, personally. But hey, beggars can't be choosers.

LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

God, I'm already excited even though I know that Chester's "soon" could be another year away.
    Give us more experimental songs and I'll be so happy. Although, for some reason I feel this album will be more straightforward in song patterns.

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

Not possible.

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

And with this post the stupidity with LP6 has begun.

Plus, the gap between A Thousand Suns and Living Things was about 21 months, give it take. It's already been 16 months since Living Things. So maybe March/April 2014? If so, I imagine we would start hearing things of a single by December or January.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
    Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

When you put it like that, it doesn't seem so far fetched.

stormrider2

stormrider2 UNWANTED TRUTH

I predict the next album will be out on late April or Early May because they will use a lot of time making the record. If I could suggest something for Linkin Park, it would be to fuse the sound of Given Up, No More Sorrow, and Bleed It Out with elements of electronic sounds and more rap verses. That would make a much more fun Linkin Park album to listen to. Possibly add more rhythmic guitar parts.