Chester Bennington: new Linkin Park record out soon

Discussion in 'News' started by minuteforce, Nov 2, 2013.

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

For some reason, I want LP to make a full EDM album just to piss half their fans off. :lol:

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

They should totally do something completely out of left field that would piss off the entire fanbase. Linkin Park should do Black Metal. :trollface:

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

They already did that with A Thousand Suns.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

[video=youtube;89EQfMWxDGU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89EQfMWxDGU[/video]

Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

That was the worst shit I've ever heard in my life.

Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

WTF

Try-hard Chimi

Try-hard Chimi Well-Known Member

at this point in time I'm certain the new album will not even come close to ATS lvl, meaning it will probably get boring for me after a while just like Living Things did, i barely listen to LT anymore lol, still cool that the band puts out new music, and it's always exciting to see what they will come up with this time :D

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

seems a bit early to write it off, doesn't it?

Bane

Bane Together we'll fight the long defeat

I don't care what the album sounds like at all, as long as LP pour a lot of effort and feeling into it. Songs like Powerless and the second half of The Catalyst, those enormous uplifting moments are like the highlight of an LP record for me. I hope to hear something like that somewhere in LP6.

I foresee the album dropping by June 2014 latest.

LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

Given how much music the band has going on right now with Aoki, The Mall, STP etc., the album could turn out to be a big surprise.

2 questions
    1. Why would someone do something like this to a song like Shadow of the Day? It sounds like as if an Orc is singing.
    2. Why would someone invert their video?

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Because that's fucking metal.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

anytime you invert something it instantly becomes more metal. Fact Bud.

mastae

mastae Some Honky

I want Linkin Park to put a 30 second nu-metal song on their next album that works as another quick "When They Come For Me" style middle finger

Andreina

Wasn't Victimized a kind of "middle finger" style song?

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

According to some interpretations

Andreina

Well, yeah. This isn't the thread to discuss this but apart from the lyrics themselves, the guys kind of dropped the hint with that sample at the beginning that calls for "Linkin Park to go back to.." .. It probably doesn't even say that (the recording), but it's at least made to sound like it.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

It doesn't say that; Shinoda said at some point or another that it's someone trying to sell bootlegged copies of Linkin Park albums. This lead me to guess that the song's lyrics are really about the ethics of online and offline music piracy from a content creator's perspective. ;) Somehow, that seems far-fetched compared to the more common theory

Anyway, that's neither here nor there. The fact is that the band have not yet done a 30-second-middle-finger-to-nu-metal song and I'm sure that most of us would welcome one from them :lol:

Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

no

Rebel Traj

Rebel Traj Well-Known Member

been always very hyped for every Linkin Park album release but not really hyped over this. it comes out pretty fast, only 1 and a half year after Living Things and I wasn't too happy with Living Things either. I have the idea that the music on this album will be just like all the rest of what you hear nowadays, drum'n'bass, electro crap. And I'm not just saying its crap, because one of my favourite Linkin Park songs is The Catalyst. But ATS came 3 years after MtM. I feel like their artistic views have been lowered and that they just create 'whatthefuckus' for WMG. Hope this is the last album at WMG.

Andreina

ATS came 3 years later than MTM, but then there's the part where they toured for the album and when Chester recorded Out of Ashes with Amir and the guys, also playing some shows with DBS. How many time there's left?

I think we had this conversation in the forum before, we don't really know if time is really a factor on LP's music, and we don't know if time is directly proportional to the quality of it. ATS is ATS because they set their minds on the album being like that themselves, it was their goal, it wasn't like "oh, let's see where this jamming takes us", it was more of "we want to tear our sound apart and do something completely different", it was a challenge more than anything else.

Right now, their approach is slightly different, and I don't think LT should be used as a pattern for "this is what we would get from LP in 18 months" because it was a comfort zone type of album. It wasn't meant to be groundbreaking or anything, they just made the music they felt comfortable with. And as for now, we really don't know what's their mindset on this album other than "we're being very fruitful".

I think it's rather interesting you have "LP's evolution" in your signature yet you're reluctant as for what the new direction might be.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2013