Chester Bennington Support Thread - We're here for you

Discussion in 'Chester Bennington' started by Kevin, Jul 24, 2017.

1. dreamerpoet

dreamerpoet Well-Known Member

Me too....I don't think the tears are going to stop for a very long time

Lynn likes this.
  2. Masquerade21

Masquerade21 Member

I will add my story soon for LP, because it has been a huge part of my life and I haven't been able to sleep or stop crying since Chester has left us. But I was wondering if there are any events or a LP Association in San Francisco California?

Lynn, dreamerpoet and Carla like this.
  3. Carla

Carla Well-Known Member

Stay strong. This page is helping so many of us tell our story. We're all here for you to give support the best we can

Lynn and dreamerpoet like this.
  4. Lynn

Lynn Well-Known Member

These memorial events you guys... Do you think this is needed to say goodbye and move forward? I don't know if I should and could go there somewhere. Normally I'm not that type of person, I mostly stay alone. This thread here is something different I think

5. Carla

Carla Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if they are needed by all. I'd love to go to one but can't get childcare. I will make my own memorial type thing at home though. It may end up more like a shrine

Lynn likes this.
  6. dreamerpoet

I think if YOU think you want to, and and are able to (physically AND emotionally) you should. I also think it's possible to do your own sort of memorial service if you think it'll help. Even if you write a letter, or make a post here...just something to get it out. It helps ME anyway.

Carla and Lynn like this.
  7. Lynn

Lynn Well-Known Member

Don't call me a freak but I did write a message to him on instagram, Insta direct. I somehow felt like he could see this. Don't know.

barush and Carla like this.
  8. Carla

Carla Well-Known Member

Not a freak. I think that's quite brave and cute in a way. Hopefully he can see alk the lovely things people are saying about him and doing in his honour

Lynn likes this.
  9. dreamerpoet

I don't think it makes you a freak AT. ALL. I have done similar for loved ones and I do believe they're watching over us and will see them If you're a freak, I'm a freak....we can start a club.

Lynn and Carla like this.
  10. Carla

Carla Well-Known Member

Can I join? I've written a letter to him that sits below my picture of the band by my bed

Lynn likes this.
  11. dreamerpoet

You're damn right you can! The more the merrier, I always say

Lynn likes this.
  12. Carla

Carla Well-Known Member

I often wonder if he is watching over all of us. I wonder what he is thinking. I wish he would let us know somehow

Masquerade21 and Lynn like this.
  13. Lynn

Lynn Well-Known Member

The "we can start a club" sentence made me smile... And of course @Carla is allowed to join us. Where would we end other ways. No seriously I had this feeling today that I just have to message him ... Maybe he gets the chance somehow to read and see everything we're writing and doing. Who knows?

14. Doridorica

Doridorica Well-Known Member

Here we go again, one step forward two backwards although it's understandable because I was preparing a little something for tomorrow night. It's so hard to look at the pictures, him smiling, smiling with his eyes actually. Coming up with what to say was hard, I cried while writing it, the whole time. I know it sounds like a little fan girl but it might be therapeutic. Up until this moment it's been a good day, even managed to laugh at the TV show and then stopped, felt guilty. There was a scene where a guy looks at his girlfriend, hugs her and says something funny. I laughed but then my face dropped because it was Chester will never hug his family again. Stupid of me but I comfort myself that those are irrational thoughts that will go away soon. I hope.
    Forgot to add how well everything was today, I managed to stop each negative thought and talked myself out of them (even after that TV show). Everything will be ok.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
    barush, Carla and Lynn like this.
  15. Lynn

Lynn Well-Known Member

Omg yes... I do this too.

Carla likes this.
  16. dreamerpoet

I was hoping it would! I'm glad it worked.

Lynn likes this.
  17. Lynn

Lynn Well-Known Member

I'll try to sleep soon... It's 11pm here and I think the later it gets the darker the night. I hope I can fall asleep today without my heart exploding inside my chest and without those strange dreams I don't even know bout... Tomorrow's a new day and I fear tomorrow's going to be harder cause it's THIS day. I hope you'll have a good night, day 'till then, I for sure come back tomorrow asap <3 thank you again, you help me and lift me up

Carla likes this.
  18. dreamerpoet

Good night I hope you are able to get some rest.

Lynn likes this.
  19. Carla

Carla Well-Known Member

I am dreading tomorrow coming. 5 om my time is when he was found. I will need to be with someone at that time. The bullies in my bad neighbourhood are taunting me and getting louder. I self harmed that night and dread what I might feel then. Sleep well @Lynn.

Lynn likes this.
  20. dreamerpoet

I'm dreading tomorrow too..It was somewhere around 12:30 in the afternoon here, when I saw it...but, I know that he wouldn't want us hurting ourselves. It's going to be really hard, but hurting ourselves isn't going to change anything it's just going to put scars on our bodies to match the scars on our hearts.

Lynn and Carla like this.