Chester Comments On New Linkin Park Album, Solo Disc

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, Dec 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

In a recent chat with Linkin Park Underground members, Chester commented on Linkin Park's upcoming album, set for a 2006 release.

"We're all really excited about making this record. I can't really say anything about the direction of the record, because we haven't ever really conciously pre-concieved an album, and so the album kind of comes to us when ideas comes to us. Music comes to us, if the album wants to reveal itself to us it will. I would have to say that after listening to some ideas with Mike the other night, kicking around ideas on new music, put it this way, I couldn't go into the studio the next day because of all the screaming I did. There will be A LOT of screaming. My screaming seems to get harder and more disgusting every time I do it. I had to go home and go to bed after I was working on the music at Mike's."

When asked about his solo project with Orgy members Ryan, Amir, and Fu, Chester replied;

"I've been quiet about the solo record because there isn't a definite release date right now because Linkin Park has decided to go into the studio and LP always comes first. What's best for Linkin Park is what's best for the fans. I play guitar, I play keyboard, I did programming, and I sing on the solo album. Ryan, Amir and Fu and I all did everything together on it. The project is called Snow White Tan and I've been tossing some ideas around for the name of the record but it hasn't been named yet. As soon as it's ready to be released, everyone will know. As far as my solo stuff is concerned, I wrote the bulk of the music and all the lyrics and stuff, the other guys I am working with have contributed quite a bit to the album as well. It's not really a collaboration with anyone besides them. Everything on the record is different than Linkin Park. Even the way I am singing is my own sound, it sounds different. In every way.

With Linkin Park we work in pairs and groups. With my solo stuff I kind of lived with Ryan while I made it so it was a totally different environment. We'd have parties and friends over WHILE i was recording. People would come in and listen. Very laid back and relaxed. We held true to certain important security measures, but people around got to hear it. But that would never happen on a LP record, it's more confined and serious. Just a different style. On my album we recorded everything in one room. My kid could be on the couch playing video games. Very relaxing and different. LP is much more regimented, more like a MACHINE. Finely tuned machine or race car is LP. Really tight and really good."

Chester also revelead that the version of "The Morning After" that's set to be released on the Underworld: Evolution movie is actually a remix of the original version that's set to appear on Snow White Tan's debut.

"No, they are not the same. Amir and Fu did a remix version of the song that's not as heavy and is a little more electronically driven, but fits the style of the movie better than the original version, that will be on my record."

Source: LPTimes

Thanks to SoldierElite!

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

I am ecstatic about that! (w00t)

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Me too. I'd like an Alexisonfire-type song where he just screams everything.

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

Sweet cant wait to hear new LP material as well as Snow White Tan.

Ronin

Ronin Well-Known Member

...yessssss.....

Cale.

Cale. Banned

Screaming ain't my thing, I don't mind it in small doses. But bands that scream all the time throughout the whole song, I just cannot get into.

NickelNine

NickelNine It's the gin talking >>>>> LPA VIP

This kind of surprises me. I sort of expected the band to move towards a lighter and softer sound for the majority of their songs. I am very excited to hear what the new LP material will sound like.

Pinkin Lark

Pinkin Lark Prince of Persia.

I dont mind screaming at all, but at the same time I want LP to keep its soft melodic side, not just full on yelling. Im really looking forward for Snow White Tan. We'll see how they both turn out soon enough.

Jakks

Jakks Point 0

Makes for an interesting read, I think it will be good for LP to produce some harder songs so Im all for the "screaming"

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

Agreed. :D

LPrlzFrEvr

LPrlzFrEvr Well-Known Member

Can't wait,Can't wait,Can't wait,Can't wait,Can't wait,Can't wait,Can't wait,Can't wait,Can't wait,Can't wait,Can't wait,Can't wait,Can't wait,

chaosblade

chaosblade Well-Known Member

Sounds really awesome. But i guess im a minority here, having liked meteora, reanimation and collision course (i was really surprised to find out alot of fans disliked meteora).

Best of luck to our guys. 2006 is going to be an awesome year :]

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

umm...I don't think I'd like to listen to that...but who knows it's Chester, his voice has always been amazing. I cannot wait to listen to their new material, and I really hope that the album that is being produced will bring about more songs with an "epic feel" I thought that "Krwlng", " By Myself " "P5hng Me A*wy" " In The End" " High Voltage" Dedicated" and several other tracks were able to capture that "epic" kind of sense. Either way, I know I won't be disapointed.

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

cant wait to hear the new LP material, sounds like its going to be different from what we've heard before.

roll on 2006

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

I still think Chester was being sarcastic & the new LP record will be the softest shit we've ever heard. :lol: Either way, I can't wait.

linkin_theory922

linkin_theory922 Well-Known Member

OH MAN!!....dude...can't wait for this album!!!! I was so happy to hear that there was alot of screaming. Personally I think that their softer side if awesome but the screaming..man...this album is going to be so wicked :)

Trumtram

Trumtram Well-Known Member

chester once said about meteora: "we have some kind of pantera-esque riffs on this album"

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Good point, where are those? Lmfao.

linkin_theory922

linkin_theory922 Well-Known Member

Beats me lol

steve12

steve12 Well-Known Member

This will be sweet, id like to see some guitar solos though, but lot of screaming is what i wanted to heard from the man himself, his screaming kicks ass.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.