Chester The Boatswain?

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Dec 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Reports on IMDb have now surfaced that Chester Bennington will be playing a boatswain (a petty officer on a merchant ship who controls the work of other seamen,) in the upcoming film "Dark Reel" set for release sometime in 2007. Little details exist about this movie as it is still in production, and the answer as to whether this will be an extremely quick cameo for Chester like in Crank or a major acting role, still remains to be seen.

We will continue to keep you updated as more information on Chester's part becomes available!

Link: http://imdb.com/title/tt0883398/

Edit: As of 12/15/06, Chester has mysteriously been removed from the original cast listing. Whether or not this means he will no longer appear in the film, still remains to be seen.

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

I wonder who will make the comment about seamen :lol:

Chester the actor.. who wouldve known.

Derek

Yeah I knew you would say something like that Chris.

And yeah this is interesting, hopefully its more than 5 lines and at least a whole scene.

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

sounds cool - chester the acter. haha makes me chuckle

ernieball003

ernieball003 Well-Known Member

So Chaz is going to be a seaman? :p

Derek

Yeah, Chester in charge of seamen. Something about that sounds so wrong.

ernieball003

But it feels oh so right! :lol:

-x-ecks-x-

-x-ecks-x- Well-Known Member

lol, that made me laugh.

Jacen

Jacen Well-Known Member

I like people who are incharge of seamen.......I mean!!!... (let me re-interpret this) I like Chester :blush: :lol:

musicphreke

musicphreke Living Thing

...thus pushing the LP album back another 6 months. :p

really though it's cool Chester is doing some cool acting stuff. i hope this scene is much longer than in 'Crank'. that scene was hilarious. we shall see. :)

Beca

Beca Plug in baby.

Ooh Chester in a movie? Wow that's gotta be good

The_Rising_Tied

The_Rising_Tied Well-Known Member

Im sorry i actually don't like the thought that chester is going to be in a movie. Now everyone is going to think Linkin Park is all in it for the fame and the money and do anything just to get more money. Chester can't say in interviews that he always wanted to be an actor cuz he even hates doing videos like he said on the making of SIB. He said he can't act for shit and that hes not an actor hes a musician. And i never thought chester would do a movie. Dissapointing in my opinion.

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

well i think people can say what they want, but if all chester does is make music, there is the possibility that he'd get sick of it, which is really a scary thought. they can do what they want, they have lives outside of Linkin Park.
    :cloud:

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

Didn't he act in High School? Even if he didn't, people already think Linkin Park are a manufactured band and who gives a fuck what anyone else thinks? You should like the band for who they are and if Chester wants to dive into acting, why fight it?

ernieball003

He did the little stupid roles like the crazy guy running around screaming and stuff.. I don't remember what exactly he said.. umm look it up in From The Inside.

aTouchOfMagic

aTouchOfMagic Active Member

i dont think that chester doing a bit of acting on the side isnt all bad. in fact i think its great. in a way its like one of us being offered a teporary/part time job that pays more money. your gonna take it!!

The_Rising_Tied

The_Rising_Tied Well-Known Member

You guys make some pretty interesting points. But it's not about the money, If you choose to be a musician you choose to be a musician. Not an actor. If i chose to go into police tech then i wanna be a police officer not a freakin mechanic. But who knows maybe he might take up acting and then quit Linkin Park. God knows it has happens to other artists. Im just saying there's always a chance. So im sticking by my opinion.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

You're the kind of fan of Linkin Park that I absolutely hate. You hate anything that any of the members do that doesn't have anything to do with Linkin Park. Judging by your user name, you like The Rising Tied, so you're not 100% like them. But I'm sick and tired of people like you complaining just because one of them wants to do something other than Linkin Park. It doesn't mean they're going to quit the band, for Christ's sake. They've got their own lives to live, and they don't have any reason in the world to cater to what we want to hear or what we want them to do. They could just as easily pack it up, call it a day, and break up, instead of choosing to do other things while STILL doing Linkin Park. I don't see any of you getting mad that Joe's a director, and is going to direct that one movie. Nope, no one gets mad at that. But the second Mike and Chester have sideprojects and start doing movies, it's ZOMG THERE GONAN BRAKE PU!!!!!11?!?1/1 Also I'm sure they don't care about the opinion of one insignificant fan on some fansite. Also, I'm sure you've heard of people having more than one career. Just because someone's a musician doesn't mean they can't be an actor (see: Jared Leto). Just because someone's a carpenter doesn't mean they can't be the CEO of a law firm. Just because someone's a police officer doesn't mean they can't be a mechanic.

Seriously. Shut up.

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Chill

jonah

jonah Well-Known Member

Haha.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.