Chester Visits Southeast Asia

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, Feb 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Linkin Park vocalist Chester Bennington recently visited Thailand as part of an MTV tsunami relief concert in which he's scheduled to present an award. Chester visited schools and recruited people to come back to Thailand and other various Asian countries hit hard by the devestating Boxing Day tsunamis. He stopped at two elementary schools and helped paint the side of a house with foreign travelers helping to rebuilding the ravaged country. In an Associated Press telephone interview, Bennington commented;

"Their entire livelihood depends on tourism and there's no one here. The hotels are ready for them and it's time to get things back to normal. ... People need to come back to these areas and really spend some money."

Visit Linkin Park and the American Red Cross' "Music For Relief" fund here. The fund has accumulated $1.2million since being set up just days after the disaster happened. Great job Chester and Linkin Park!

Source: Yahoo/Associated Press

Thanks to RX8LP!

SoniX

SoniX Active Member

Thats awesome

w00t for Chester :D

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I'm really impressed by Linkin Park at the moment. All these things they've been doing to benefit the disaster victims, are showing them to be TRUE humanitarians who really do care about people less fortunate than themselves.

So many people have tried to typecast Linkin Park as being "sell outs" or money hungry pigs, yet they have put so much of their own money and time into this disaster alone, that it just goes to show that they really care. Not to mention they gave proceeds from a concert towards helping the hurricane victims a few months back. It's common knowledge that an artist's main source of income is from concerts, so to give money they could have kept for themselves to a good cause, is not only being un-selfish, but as far away from a sellout as you could possibly be.

Just think of all the things Linkin Park might do in the future to benefit the world. I honestly see them contributing to AIDS research in the next couple of years. It wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Babak

Babak Well-Known Member

that's one of my reasons to be an [LP] Fan.

lp_sk8ergurl

lp_sk8ergurl Well-Known Member

Thank goodness for Linkin Park , they have done so much lately that they should be awarded. It's good to hear that Linkin Park is vistiting the areas affected by the tsunami and helping the people out with what they can accomplish. I'm sure that LP are going to continue to do great things with the help of their fans.

blurredxnotes

blurredxnotes Well-Known Member

Mine too.

EDIT: And I just realized that in the pictures, he has an MFR hat on. o_o

numbfeeling9

numbfeeling9 Afraid of you

It's awesome what LP is doing to help out the tsunami torn countries. They're not like other selfish celebs out there, they actually have the heart to give money from their own pockets and actually go and visit the countries. This is one great reason why I am a Linkin Park fan. They don't just care about themselves but their fans and people less fortunate than us or them. GO LP!

lofton0788

lofton0788 Well-Known Member

thats awesome what chester and linkin park is doing

Theazninvasion68

Theazninvasion68 It's like blood to a vampire, our tragic desire. LPA Super VIP

THATS so raidoactive... nice to see peolpe who actuly care about other things like:
    family ruined
    communites revived

Razan

Razan SUGAAAR!

That's really amazing, really....I don't know what to say, I thought maybe it was Joe or Mike that cared more but they all do... :mellow:
    :D

weenie

weenie Well-Known Member

nice, go chester

GothEthical

GothEthical Well-Known Member

I respected them to help the victims.. and not just that, Chester is visiting.... whoa.... big news for my cousin.. :D

damotherofevil

damotherofevil Well-Known Member

Hey!! that's awesome. i saw him on my local tV. he wore black shirt black hat. and what ever we ask him to do he done it ..he help us alot. and he hug a boy(tsunami's victim in phuket).that's make my friends go crazy..he smiled and smiled. i'm very very impressed that. and he will present award tonight and i got the ticket ( no sale u will get it by play game and ask it for free in radio station) actually i'm go crazy right now i always hope that he will get back here in thailand next time, somehow...and it come true and i will see him tonight.........hey! Keep this ..... i'm not a teenie i just very exciting

BongKong

BongKong Well-Known Member

I think it is really cool what Chester and the band are doing with all the support to Asia and the victims of the tsunami. I really respect the fact he has taken the time just to go down there with his very busy schedule. How many other lead singers do you see going down to help the community. Thanks to Chester and the rest of the band for all you done.

lnkn_drgn_prk

lnkn_drgn_prk Well-Known Member

It's great to hear that Chazy Chaz went over there. It's kinda disappointing that Pres. Bush failed to mention anything about the disater in the State of the Union address last night, and this country is suppose to be helping alot in the recovery? The main focus was Soc. Sec. and the bloody Iraqi stuff. Maybe Chester should run for Pres B) :p :chaz:

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

it is truely awesome what LP are doing at the min. times like these iam proud to be a fan!

RX8LP

RX8LP Well-Known Member

yeh its really good to see chester helping out victims directly.

Though, it would have been even better if all the members visited. Guess chester was the only one that wasnt busy lol ;)

Hahninator

Hahninator Well-Known Member

I'm proud of LP for this :)

So unselfish and generous: the whole band is.

Smoke

Smoke Well-Known Member

This truly makes me proud to be a LP fan. The fact that they don't forget about their fans and the people less fortunate circumstances in the world. I know us Floridians are still greatfull for the money they donated from their concert to help towards to the Hurricane relief. :thumbsup:

Razan

Razan SUGAAAR!

I think many other artists contributed just to look good, yet whenever I see or hear something about music for relief, LP are never mentioned which shows that they don't care about publicity.

When I said that to my friends who have families in Sri Lanka who got injured by the tsunami, they took it to heart and bought Meteora, CC and HT! (3 people = 3 C.D's) :mellow:
    They felt that they needed to pay them back somehow and are now dedicated LP fans!
    I was seriously shocked...they never spend money unless they're giving it to their father...they never buy anything, ever...

I bet they're gaining alot of respect right now but most people don't even know they're helping let alone started it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.