Chester Working On Solo Album?

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, Aug 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

According to Blabbermouth.net, Linkin Park frontman Chester Bennington is currently recording a solo album in studio with producers Amir Derakh and Ryan Shuck, both from the band Orgy. The cd is expected to be finished by the end of the year and released early next year.

This is not confirmed by Chester as of yet, but BlabberMouth is usually a credible site.

Source: BlabberMouth.net

Thanks to Uncle_Raj!

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

wow interesting stuff - i cant wait to hear this if the news is true.

i'd imagine it will be completely different to FM, should be great

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I have a feeling that this one will be very similar to Grey Daze.

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

I really hope this is actually happening.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Well, you know someone's gonna mashup this and fort minor and we're gonna 'technically' have a new LP album soon. :lol:

forgottenlp52

forgottenlp52 Well-Known Member

Why cant they all just work together. Theres too many side projects and solo projects, lets see some LP being LP :mike: :chaz: :phoenix: :rob: :brad: :joe:

Derek

I can tell you the exact reason why, as me and Mark just figured it out. Right now, because of the legal battle with Warner Brothers they cant legally release anything under Linkin Park.

So rather then not make any music, they are taking some time off to try new things while they cant record as Linkin Park.

Personally I think this was the best thing for the band. They'll come out of this a better band *shrugs*. Why? Because they finally got a chance to let out their true creativity.

Dean

I can tell you the exact reason why, as me and Mark just figured it out. Right now, because of the legal battle with Warner Brothers they cant legally release anything under Linkin Park.

So rather then not make any music, they are taking some time off to try new things while they cant record as Linkin Park.

Personally I think this was the best thing for the band. They'll come out of this a better band *shrugs*. Why? Because they finally got a chance to let out their true creativity. [/b][/quote]
    Also, if they're released on LP's contract it means two less albums before it expires.

But what Derek said was right as well. Yes.

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

Personally I think this was the best thing for the band. They'll come out of this a better band *shrugs*. Why? Because they finally got a chance to let out their true creativity. [/b][/quote]
    damn straight!

forgottenlp52

forgottenlp52 Well-Known Member

Yea i guess your right.

Damn you Warner Bros.!!!!!!!!!

Derek

Well wait..someone here had a good point. They have a 7 Release Contract right?

So far we've had...

Hybrid Theory
    Frat Party
    Reanimation
    Meteora
    Live In Texas
    LP/JZ

Now assuming the Frat Party DVD doesnt count as a release (due to the fact it has no companion CD) then that means, Fort Minor and this Solo CD would be the final two.

I think I see what they're doing here ;).

Dean

Just call me Einstean.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

There goes my hopes of Industrial Chester. Damn.

Dean

What makes you say there won't be any industrial on this album (provided it's released)?

$pvcxGhxztCasey

What makes you say there won't be any industrial on this album (provided it's released)? [/b][/quote]
    Working with members of Orgy is a start.

Dean

Working with members of Orgy is a start. [/b][/quote]
    Chester is meant to be a fan of NIN and Rammstein, so if he plays a large enough part in the production himself you never know.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

Chester is meant to be a fan of NIN and Rammstein, so if he plays a large enough part in the production himself you never know. [/b][/quote]
    Nine Inch Nails was never really industrial. TDS & The Fragile were like, really gritty records, music wise, but overall it wasn't industrial. Rammstein were, but they've ventured into alternative metal/rock these days it seems.

But I guess if Chester has enough say in what his record will be like, it's possible. I guess I've lost all faith in Linkin Park and the members of the band. I think they're in it for the money now.

Dean

Nine Inch Nails was never really industrial. TDS & The Fragile were like, really gritty records, music wise, but overall it wasn't industrial. Rammstein were, but they've ventured into alternative metal/rock these days it seems.

But I guess if Chester has enough say in what his record will be like, it's possible. I guess I've lost all faith in Linkin Park and the members of the band. I think they're in it for the money now. [/b][/quote]
    Even Mike?

$pvcxGhxztCasey

Yeah. I'm not really into hip-hop anymore. I've been getting into psychedelic stuff more and more. I mean, I'll give anything a chance, and Fort Minor is no different. If it impresses me, than awesome. If it doesn't, oh well.

Dean

Yeah, fair do's. Maybe I'm just naive, but I have a feeling that Linkin Park's next album will be mindblowing if they can get a better producer, like Rick Rubin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.