Chester's voice has changed quite a lot

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Shadester, Oct 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Chester's voice HAS changed, for the better:

[youtube]ralf_8_uvIg[/youtube]

Arlene

Arlene Oh what tangled webs we weave LPA Super Member

Chester is freaking amazing!

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

He gets points for not only improving, but for playing a Jane's Addiction song.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

And fucking NAILING it.

Even Jane's Addiction fans on that video were impressed.

thesungoesdown

thesungoesdown It's like I'm paranoid..

K in 2000, Chester performed in LESS shows and the sets were WAY shorter hence why he can put a lil MORE into his performances and sing like he does in the studio. His voice isn't as raspy during performances because he's perserving his friggin throat. NO way he can pull off No More Sorrow, Given Up, One Step Closer , From the Inside, Place for my head, etc etc NIGHT in NIGHT out for 2 months straight on tour playing shows practically everyday. 20-22 song sets as well.

I have multiple versions of every song performed live year by year, and you can just tell he's trying to preserve his voice. A tour is a marathon, some nights he puts more into No More Sorrow and screams the chorus, some nights he just sings to it using a higher pitch. If you compare Chester's first performance of Faint, Don't Stay, etc it sounded way raspier then it now, only because he finds a level where he can comfortable sing the song night in night out. I mean compare the AOL sessions of Faint and his live performances in Proj Rev 2007/2008. In a live studio version he only has a 5 song set to sing, so he puts more into it, but during a concert that consists of 20 songs he sings the Chorus to faint rather then screaming the lyrics like how he does on the album. I can go on and on but I hope you catch my drift..

Also, during Hybrid Theory and Meteora they layered his vocals, had sounds in the backrgound (by myself's bridge, a place for my head's outro) , and Mike singing parts of choruses and verses with him subtly that amplified how loud, how raspy, etc etc his voice was. With m2m the vocals were stripped down and it was just him out there for the most part.

I love how people are saying because of his age his voice is changing lol Dudes in his early 30's, not 50-60. He says his voice sounds better then ever, i believe him.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2009
    Aarib Niazi

Aarib Niazi New Member

As far as I know a spider bit on his throat,he suffered throat cancer.So,his voice got a little low now :/

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

[​IMG]

Maars

Maars Well-Known Member

A cancer-inducing spider... Where do these fucking beasts live? :rofl: I've just learnt about Botflies and now this. Oh shit, man, what a great post. What a quote. :rofl:

Anonymous Person

Anonymous Person You promised me flesh!

Hamina hamina hamina hamina... Well, all I know is that Chester Bennington is the best singer in the genre of rock today.

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Pfft. The shit's up with this thread? :lol:

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

[video=youtube;r1ZCOASD9_M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1ZCOASD9_M[/video]

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Yeah, this thread is being closed. The reviving post of this thread is obscene and the user that posted said post needs to read our forum rules about not only intelligent posting, but rumoring about the lives of the band members. It is not cool, nor is it smart to start rumors about a member of the band having throat cancer because of a spider. Thanks for playing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.