Chester's Voice

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Shiraz, Sep 28, 2005.

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

So if you want to be a popsinger, you have to like all colors and date Paris Hilton?

You dont have to be angry to scream like Chester. I can scream like him, but I would die.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Hey you, did you fail high school biology class? Screaming at the top of your lungs for years on end can eventually tear your vocal chords, thus resulting in what I like to call "Mariah Carey Syndrome".

Notice how Mariah cant sing half as good as she used to and has that raspy sound to her voice? It's because she applied years of torture on her vocal chords and finally tore them, causing her to be unable to hit the notes she used to.

Go retake Science instead of being foolish and acting like you know it all.

tremulant

tremulant Well-Known Member

Hey you, did you fail high school biology class? Screaming at the top of your lungs for years on end can eventually tear your vocal chords, thus resulting in what I like to call "Mariah Carey Syndrome".

Notice how Mariah cant sing half as good as she used to and has that raspy sound to her voice? It's because she applied years of torture on her vocal chords and finally tore them, causing her to be unable to hit the notes she used to.

Go retake Science instead of being foolish and acting like you know it all. [/b][/quote]
    lol dont needa be harsh on the guy.. he's just an angry person..

~ immortal soul ~

~ immortal soul ~ Well-Known Member

I think he's still able to do those angry growls very well, maybe he's just sick of it cuz I mean, they did soo many concerts with Linkin Park from 2001 - 2004 and at every concert he had to sing the same songs and scream the same lines... I'd really get sick of it someday and so maybe that's the reason why he wants to do something different and more Depeche Mode-like with his new solo project... I could really imagine that he's just sick of screaming right now and wants to gain more respect as a professional and melodic rock singer... I mean, the song he did with Mötley Crüe, there wouldn't have fit any screaming lines and Mötley Crüe have never screamed in their songs cuz it's a really different style... It's rock and roll, not "nu metal"... And I really like what Chester does at the moment... In my opinion he's really matured as a melodic rock singer... I'm sure he'll scream again with LP, at the latest when they will release a new album. I'm sure he's still able to scream - but it's not a must for me... I love his singing voice very much and I love his new stuff... And I love his vocals no matter if he screams or sings...

I mean, in my opinion Chester is just one of the best singers around... There are a lot rock singers now who are just able to scream or growl... That's poor in a way... For me, the singing talent is a lot more important than a screaming talent...

linkin_theory922

linkin_theory922 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think he was probably giving his voice a bit of rest with his solo album so I don't think he completely lost his screaming style. This just means his voice will be even fresher for the new LP Cd...hopefully with more screaming...haha.....anyways....

NickelNine

NickelNine It's the gin talking >>>>> LPA VIP

All of his solo stuff he sings is in a different style. A less agressive and more beautiful sounding voice, to me anyway. His solo stuff isn't Linkin Park, it's Chester Bennington and the songs he likes and how he likes to sing them. It's his own personal style. When LP makes another record I'm sure it will be the Linkin Park Chester but with more range.