CNN - Georgia law allows guns in some schools, bars, churches

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by RazorEye, Apr 23, 2014.

RazorEye

RazorEye The light on the horizon...

By Devon M. Sayers and Eliott C. McLaughlin, CNN
    April 23, 2014 -- Updated 2012 GMT (0412 HKT)

Anybody here a conservative? I'd like to hear their opinion on this! Surely this is a step too far, isn't it?

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
    Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

I consider myself a conservative, but I don't like the labels that get put onto certain ideologies. Like how conservatives = "guns, God, and guts made America free" to many. I think that it boxes people in categories they don't always belong in.

Now back to the article: I think the bill is ridiculous. No one has any reason to be holding a gun at a school, church, or especially a bar. Now I understand just because you have a gun, doesn't mean you're going to go around shooting people. But, I think it's important to keep in mind that accidents happen and people may make some rash decisions.

Personally, I can't believe this actually passed. This whole notion of the Second Amendment and not taking away our guns is a completely separate argument from this one here. I just don't understand why someone should or needs to carry a gun with them.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Not only am I not a conservative, the far right wing tend to be the bane of my very existence and this is why. The logic that goes into putting guns in schools and bars... It boggles my mind. We're having problems with school shootings let's lots of guns in the school ahead of time to fix the problem. What if an unstable teacher has a gun and decides to lose his shit one day? What if some drunken idiot has his gun in a bar? What religious nutcase decides he's on some fucked up mission from God. What's happened here is obvious, the only thought that went into this law was let's spite Those fucking liberals and put guns in the heads of every single person we can. I don't care who they are, let's just give everybody guns....

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Was stupid when I first heard about it and it's stupid now. It really boggles the mind what goals some spiteful cunts achieve. It's despicable.

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

It'll seem stupid until crime rates start dropping July 1st...

deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

They might need to shoot some Atheist who comes into their church.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
    Anonymous Person

Anonymous Person You promised me flesh!

Indeed...

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

It'll seem even stupider when a teacher with a gun loses his shit and starts cappin' kids.

deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

That's what I get for not proof reading :lol:

Is it bad that I laughed at this.....

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

lol idk, why did you laugh at it?

Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

While also living in a perpetual state of fear from people walking around with guns, legally. I'm all for the right to own guns, but that doesn't mean you should carry them around with you, especially in places like schools, bars, hospitals, etc.

travz21

You know anyone can kill you with a bunch of different items if they want, right? Yet they don't, regardless of how much they 'lose their shit'. A teacher could stab a student in the neck with a pencil. A guy at the bar could kill you with a butter knife. Why don't we hear crazy stories like that? Because almost nobody wants to harm anyone else. The difference with guns is that if someone does go crazy, someone else will be there to stop it immediately. This is why crime rates drop in legal carry areas. Only the truly truly crazy people are going to do something there that will almost assuredly get them killed. Most criminals don't want to risk their lives.

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

One explanation could be that someone who tries to murder people with a pencil or butter knife probably isn't going to be...very successful? Given the fact that people can run or fight back against those things? A gun requires aiming and pulling a trigger from a distance.

Or, you could be right. But don't assume that just because you haven't heard any stories means it doesn't happen.

deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

Few less swag kids in the world becoming douchebag adults.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

lol oh as long as it's not at me :lol:

Zachary

Zachary Banned

I didn't think this law passing was actually serious, I thought it was a joke. Just what we need, another Zimmerman. :help:

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

travz21

[​IMG]

He attacked probably one of the few gun-free zones in town. Do you think that's a coincidence?

Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

People don't commit mass shootings because they have guns, or the people they're shooting don't have guns; people commit mass shootings because they're bat shit crazy.

travz21

Except every mass shooting I can think of has been at a gun-free zone. Schools and work areas. Even that military base shooting was a gun-free zone.

Maybe these crazy people just really hate schools or their work and would shoot them up even if they weren't gun-free. It's hard to say. But for other sane criminals, it would be within reason to assume they'd avoid places that allow guns inside.