'Collision Course' Alterations

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, Oct 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Fans should expect some new surprises on 'Collision Course', the upcoming Linkin Park/Jay-Z collaboration album due in stores in late-November.

For one thing, the collaborations aren't just cuts from each album sliced up and put together to form a song, many aspects of each song was re-recorded and laid down to best resemble the mood of the song. Raps from both Mike Shinoda and Jay-Z were re-recorded in studio to better suit the beats they had laid down.

Vocals weren't the only parts that were re-done. Guitars, such as the powerchords in "Numb"'s chorus were replaced with cleaner-sounding rhythms for "Numb/Encore" and additional bass lines were added to "Papercut/Big Pimpin'".

Fans can also hear the excitement of the recording process on the tracks. Laughing and joke-telling can be heard a certain parts of each song. This should help the listener better comprehend the exhuberance that Linkin Park felt, collaborating with one of their biggest influences.

Read the full MTV.com article here.

Thanks to Omar_A!

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

Does anyone else think its weird we'll be able to hear laughter and joking? lol

This sounds cool though, I think I might get it now.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I think it'll be one of those thigns were they put it at the beginning or ending of the song to blend songs into one another. Like Reanimation.

Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

I don't think it's wierd. They do it on rap records a lot. Ab libbing. It's not really during the verses. It's more when the beat is just playing and you'll hear like "LP and Hov! How crazy is that?" or maybe some talking and laughing they kept before the track started. Kanye West does it a lot and Jay-Z does too.

Omar A

Omar A Beyond Science LPA Super Member

They did it in reanimation. I think it was in the end of Pushing Me Away Chester says "Should we do Point of Authority now" or something.

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

This is awesome! This makes me even more excited about buying the album. I didn't even want to buy it before I heard the clip on LP.com.

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

It was at the beginning of X-Ecutioner Style, I think.

Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

"You wanna work on Pushing Me Away or do you want me to tell you the With You thing?" ...."We can work on Pushing Me Away" at the end of PLC 4 MIE HAED.

Sounds cool. I might buy it........

weenie

weenie Well-Known Member

"You wanna work on Pushing Me Away or do you want me to tell you the With You thing?" ...."We can work on Pushing Me Away" at the end of PLC 4 MIE HAED.

Sounds cool. I might buy it........ [/b][/quote]
    rgr that, it was after a place for my head. it's not unusual. it's part of everyone, joking and laughing. just make sure u catch what they're saying

RX8LP

RX8LP Well-Known Member

wow this is just......wow

i really wish i lived in the states now cos lp.com says you get an EXCLUSIVE t-shirt to go with CD/DVD package....damn!

shauniebecca

shauniebecca Member

I really can't wait until the cd/dvd comes out now. i think it comes out nov. 30th. :D

Mcnasty

Mcnasty Y2K

Iam soo happy two good albums two wait for this month :D first the Eminem album and then LP/JZ album :D I CANT WAIT but I have to lol.

RX8LP

RX8LP Well-Known Member

*waits*

Dark Knight

Dark Knight Well-Known Member

(w00t) man, the more info that is gained about Collision Course the more excited I get about it. It's cool that they re-recorded their vocals.

.Kevin

.Kevin Super Member

this gonna be so awesome ^_^

|METEORA| MAN

|METEORA| MAN Well-Known Member

It would be absolutely amazing...to hear songs from HT we are so used to in a new different rhythm...sounds amazing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.