Computer Not Reading DVDs

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Misfit Jay, Apr 27, 2007.

Misfit Jay

Misfit Jay I'm down with tippin 40s to your memory. LPA Super Member

Ok. So I have this major problem. I was trying to watch Shaun of the Dead on my computer since I was messing around with a game on Gamecube. And it wouldn't play. So I decided to try another movie. And then another one. And another. I've tried the 24 movies that are in my room. And only one of them worked. And that was Super Troopers.

So I was wondering what wrong with my computer's DVD-ROM?

It's a Samsung DVD-ROM SD-616E if that helps any. It was also in the computer when I bought it, new.

mcpancakes

mcpancakes Well-Known Member

what're you playing it in? windows media player? media player classic? cause with wmp you need a dvd decoder, but I think media player classic has it built-in.

Misfit Jay

Misfit Jay I'm down with tippin 40s to your memory. LPA Super Member

Oh yeah. That would help. :lol:

I've tried everything. But what it usually plays on is InterVideo WinDVD 5. It came with the computer. I looked up at the site, but couldn't find what I was looking for.

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

This is since you were messing with a gamecube game? Maybe a program you were using installed some weird drivers. Try right clicking on my computer>>properties >> hardware tab>>device manager... find your DVD ROM drive and goto properties and try 'roll back driver'. If that doesn't work, try update driver and go through windows update when it asks and see if it comes up with anything. If still nothing, you can always try finding the driver online, uninstalling the current one and then installing it;