cool little things i've noticed about ATS

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by A Wretched King, Dec 16, 2010.

A Wretched King

A Wretched King Foreword

maybe some of these have been mentioned but oh well. post some cool things youve found on A Thousand Suns.

1. Cover can look like a black bird if you look at it in a certain way (LP has a song called "blackbirds")

2. mike says "empty space" in Iredescent (empty spaces is also a song title)

3. mike raps "Because once you got a theory of how the thing works
    Everybody wants the next thing to be like the first" in When They Come For Me. (which could have a meaning that resembles their first album "hybrid theory" and how people keep wanting those type of sounding albums).

4. the song "Jornada Del Muerto" is a reference to Jornada Del Muerto, a desert in New Mexico where the first atomic bomb testing was held. The lyrics are in Japanese to comply with the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

5. at the very end of The Messenger you can hear either chester or brad get up out of their chair, since they were done recording.

post more if you have any~

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

1. Kinda I guess
    2. Reaching
    3. Deliberate
    4. Deliberate (The name and the nuclear connections. None too sure about the Japanese 'Lift me up"/Nagasaki thing)
    5. Haven't noticed.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2010
    MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

1. Yes.
    2. Right.
    3. That's exactly what it means.
    4. Do you even know what the Japanese translates to?
    5. Barely.

Going with your keen skills --> "I am not the same person telling you to forfeit the game" is a more direct reference to the band having moved on from their Hybrid Theory-esque era, at least for now.

A Wretched King

A Wretched King Foreword

lift me up let me go ?

and yea thats a good point. especially since "forfeit the game" is lyrics from POA

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

Yeah dude alot of this stuff was sorted out after the first week the album was released :)

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

all of them were pretty obvious. and the whole chair part can be clearly heard with a higher quality earphone. with my headphones they're quite noticeable

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

The speech in The Radiance acts as an analogy to their 'new sound'. "Takes on it's multi-armed form" a metaphor for the band's breaking of barriers and presenting something that is new, jarring, and shocking. Whether or not this "multi-armed" form disgusts it's audience or impresses is in the eye of the beholder.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

I can't decide if that's a stretch or if it's accurate haha.