Could my anxiety be coming back again?

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by GuliaLuna, Aug 19, 2015.

GuliaLuna

GuliaLuna Well-Known Member

I know this should be on the venting topic but I just need some answers. I used to get really bad anxiety. I took therapy and thank god it helped it go away. I dont get as much anxiety attacks, I get very stressed. Well something has been on my mind

Well ever since my last school year I have been crushing over this guy (I got over him over the summer but I like him again). I never knew him until I met him on the first day of school. Before the first day of school he would always smile at me, and I guess I just fell for that :(

When I was a freshman in high school I had a huge crush on this boy. He was a junior. So there's a chance he wouldn't want to date me. I'm a junior now. So he always smiled at me, difference is we knew each other and were friends. I thought he had a crush on me. Me being the freshman I was, decided to take his politeness as flirting :'( it was really stupid for me to do that. Well one day of freshman year, I went up to talk to him. His friend then pushed him away and said "He doesnt feel good dont talk to him" so I stopped to talk to him for the rest of the day, I then saw him talking and laughing with his friends, I know it wasn't about me since I didn't hear my name. I decided to let it go. So I forgot about it. I knew that what happened could have been set up. :'(

Over the summer when I had a crush on the guy I like now, I was talking to a friend about talking to my crush for the first time. I had to talk about what happened in my freshman year. He told me that I deserve better. I know I do. I made the mistake of always talking to him, so that's what caused this. After I talked about what happened, it build up more fear. All of a sudden what happened had hurt me. Im still a little hurt now to be honest.

So two days before school started I saw my crush working at a store I was shopping at. He smiled at me and raised his eyebrows. I felt happy that all of a sudden my crush recognized and remembered me, to be honest I was having an anxiety attack right there after! I was shaking!. So when the first day of school came I felt so confident after I talked to him. He seems nice. I know just because a guy smiles at you doesn't mean he has a crush. I think what caused me to crush on him was that he seemed to have a good air around him and that he seemed sweet.

Today I only had time to say hi to him. What I need is to find the right time to talk to him. Problem is, that today what happened in freshman year is playing over and over in my mind. Now im getting scared on how to talk to him! Im so sorry if this is so long and just sounds stupid in general. What happened was stupid and it cant be justified. But how can I prevent my stress from turning into anxiety?

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
    minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

To me, what you describe sounds like totally ordinary nervousness. Essentially everyone goes through it in the kind of situation that you're talking about.

If your anxiety attacks are frequent and inhibiting you from living your day-to-day life, then, you might need to talk to a medical professional. On that note, I don't think anyone in this community is a medical professional

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Just relax. Don't try to act like what you suppose you're expected to act like; just be yourself.

What has helped me avoid stress in general has simply been to look at the bigger picture. And I mean bigger picture. You are a primate of the genus Homo sapiens, evolved through millions of years. You inhabit a tiny round rock in the midst of the vastness of the Milky Way, which in itself is but a speck of dust in the universe... you are tiny. Are your problems problems at all? Just how laughable and irrelevant are they, taking all of this into consideration?

Just enjoy what you have; make the best of your short time in this world. Because at the end of the day, the universe doesn't care. For the universe, it doesn't matter. So give it your own meaning.

And relax. Him smiling at you can hardly be a bad thing. He won't bite.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

This post was spot on. The "bigger picture" thing is definitely a good mental trick to get around tough times / stress / anxiety, at least from my experience.

lime treacle

Thanks. I was afraid people were gonna call me insane. :lol:

GuliaLuna

It helped me! thank you so much!

I did get over him quick. I have my reasons.
    He hasnt really made the effort to talk to me. He smiles, he has stared at me, made eye contact while passing by eachother. We only talked once and it was me who started it, maybe hes just shy.
    Sometimes if a guy smiles at you a lot you gotta look at the expression to see if hes interested, and he did show that.
    He seems to be sending mixed signals. I know this sounds kind of stupid but the more I liked him the more stress I gave myself.
    Then if we get into a relationship, it will be even more stressful, those can be very stressful! I have been feeling better and I can think straight. I felt a bit stressed today so I gave myself a good cry to let it out and I feel better.

lime treacle

:)

GuliaLuna

UPDATE:

I let some tears out today, I was so upset about everything. Long story on what happened. Dont really want to share online now. I feel better now.