Cursing on the next album

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Cuidado314, Feb 15, 2007.

Cuidado314

Cuidado314 Well-Known Member

Does anyone think there will be swearing on the next album? They had songs recorded before HT (Step Up, High Voltage) with swearing on them, so it's not like they can't or don't want to. I guess it probably depends on how they feel about it. Or something.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Who cares if they curse or not?

GigaScythe

GigaScythe Well-Known Member

I think the point of the thread was to kick off a discussion, it wasn't like "LP better do some cursing or I'll be mad!"

lpjordy

lpjordy Well-Known Member

Just because they didn't on their albums doesn't mean anything. Listen to any live version of A Place for My Head, or pretty much any live LP show for that matter. I think they talked about it a long time ago, like they don't have to swear on an album to make an impact or make it meaningful or something like that.

Cuidado314

Cuidado314 Well-Known Member

yeah, I totally knew about them doing it at their live shows. I just wanted to know if anyone thought that they would do it on this new one. I could care less if they did or not. HT and Meteora are kickass albums, and I just found it worth noticing that they did it in songs that weren't on major albums. (They did it on CC, but censored it on Reanimation...) it doesn't take away from the music, or the impact of the music, because Mike and Chester are amazing lyricists. They don't need to swear. And if they did, it wouldn't take away from their impact.

Just wanted to know what everyone's opinion was.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Personally, I don't think it matters. Cursing doesn't necessarily make a song better or worse. It's just emphasis and slang, mostly.

It'd certainly be interesting, though. But I'd rather have an album cover not tainted with an Explicit Lyrics sign.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

If this album is as different as everyone says its gonna be I don't see any reason why there can't be a few swears here and there.

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

shit i almost forgot. remember mike once said in,most probably, an LPU chat that there are cursing in the lyrics?

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

I don't care if they swear or don't. It shouldn't really matter. They'll swear if they feel they have to & if they think it's necessary, and as long as it belongs it shouldn't be a problem.

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

they didnt need to before - wh should they need to now? i think LPs lyrics are 'better' than F this and F that. but if they chose to swear its their call at the end of the day. i dont think it matters that much to be honest, it just shows to me that they havnt put as much effort into the song writting phase than hybrid theory and dare i say it, meteora. if they go down the cursing route, its the easy ways out i think (thats my own opinion) they can do much better i think. i'll listen to them whatever comes out lol

m1tch103

m1tch103 Well-Known Member

what jj said

Hahninator

Hahninator Well-Known Member

Mike cussed in FM...he did it for emphasis and it was fine. I actually liked it. However, even though LP has recorded songs with cursing in them before like some of the B-Sides and such, neither of the two main/core albums have had cursing.

Hybrid Theory had NONE and it was fucking pure ownage. Meteora had none and it was really good.

LP doesn't need it. I'd like to see them try it, but on the flipsyde, I'd like to have them continue tradition and not curse. It's something you can take pride in when promoting LP. I get the question of "Does LP ever curse in their albums?" and I can honestly answer no they don't. I don't want this to change.

LP can make the record of the decade without cursing.

So in summary, I loved it in FM, but LP needs to stay away from it. Chester and Mike have their side projects for that.

lief92

lief92 Well-Known Member

stay away from cursing, i say. first of all, they don't need to, second i don't want them to be restricted in their music distribution. i mean, i don't want them to have to change their lyrics for radio. like fort minor's high road, they changed "all that bullshit you talk" into "all that trash that you talk". the song is better with swearing, but if the original had a better word, it needn't lose its impact through censoring.

smrithi90

smrithi90 Active Member

i just dont want them to curse in lp! in the original album atleast

i just love fm cuz curse words come whr they must
    like in where'd you go, it reeli does make an impact
    but lp is known for creating impact without curse words and i want them to continue that way (like someone else said)

Nothin*2*lose

Nothin*2*lose Well-Known Member

They don't need to curse... But I suppose it wouldn't matter so much in the screaming parts, I always think that then it adds more impact and doesn't seem outta place.

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I hope the album title will contain the word "Fuck".

GigaScythe

GigaScythe Well-Known Member

"Linkin Park - Fuck, Here It Is At Last"

p.s. I don't mean it, I'm patient ^_^

general41391

general41391 Well-Known Member

I don't mind them saying hell, damn, or words like that....when I sing their songs, i substitute words for things like that. lol

but them sayin fuck and stuff would be kinda weird, but not really a big deal

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I guess at the end of the day I don't really care as long as the lyrics are good, swearing or not.
    If the band were to set out to deliberately write lyrics with no swearing they'd arguably just be restricting their vocabularies. I agree it probably wouldn't be a good idea to fill the album with swearing though, but that's because of repetition, not because I don't want swearing.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2007
    Matt

Matt Official Ghost of the LPA LPA Super Member

I really could care less if they decide to throw in some of that. As long as it's a great, revolutionary LP album like they say it's going to be, I don't care.