Cutting

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Shinoda_baby, Jun 22, 2005.

Shinoda_baby

Shinoda_baby Banned

What do you think of people cutting themselves?

I think its sad that our generation is gone to that level of depression that we resort to self-mutilating ourselves.

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

Same here.

RX8LP

RX8LP Well-Known Member

word.

Evan™

Evan™ HI! I'm Randy, I'm a Bandicoot Über Member

word. [/b][/quote]
    Double Word...

NickelNine

NickelNine It's the gin talking >>>>> LPA VIP

I think it's sad as well. Some people do it to get attention as well; which is really sad.

Evan™

really....my sis told me that some of her friends do it because they think its cool..im so happy my sis isnt one fo them as far as i know anyway...

Atsuzen

Atsuzen Super Member LPA Super Member

Depression is not the only case. It's so appalling how some people cut their boyfriend's/girlfriend's name into their flesh. Come on. If you want to show someone how much you love him/her, don't destroy yourself.

the_king_of_all

the_king_of_all LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

yes. its stupid. people do it and then dump/get dumped the next day of something and then look stupid because they have their ex's name sliced into their arm when chances are they are in an argument with them at that point in time.

i don't think people who cut because of depression are stupid. i don't like them doing it because its causing pain them more pain rather than solving anything, but i don't think its stupid.

Evan™

yes. its stupid. people do it and then dump/get dumped the next day of something and then look stupid because they have their ex's name sliced into their arm when chances are they are in an argument with them at that point in time.

i don't think people who cut because of depression are stupid. i don't like them doing it because its causing pain them more pain rather than solving anything, but i don't think its stupid. [/b][/quote]
    once again...WORD....

Suffice

Suffice Well-Known Member

I dont think anything of them. You can't class people who cut in one group as they/we are all different. I just fucking hate people who do little scratches on their arms and roll their sleeves up and have 'I'm lonely, give me attention' written on their heads. And people who go around saying 'look, im depressed, I cut myself'. Realy people who are depressed don't go around showing off about it.

And to the person who said cutting causes more pain, well it actually doesn't. It takes it away but that's too hard for people who haven't cut to understand. If you're actually upset when you cut, you don't even feel it.

I seen loadsa dum girls scratching their arms because their friends do though.. IT'S NOT COOL PEOPLE ;)

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I get loads of kids at my school cutting because it's cool, because they're emo, and whatever. Then there are the kids who call themselves satanists and scratch the Blair Witch symbol into their arms. Fuckers.

Suffice

Mm its sad. I hate people like that.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

That makes no sense at all. You're depressed about something so you take a knife and slash your wrists to take away the pain :rolleyes:

I've cut myself with knives a few times before (accidentally, I'm not a whining emo kid who needs attention) and it fucking hurts, and hurts more than any emotional pain ever will.

Debus

Debus Morbid Fascination LPA Addict

I hate it when people self harm. Too many of my friends have done it. I've experienced it in a way and what they say about it relieving stress is very true, because when me and my mate were pissing about with his pen knife and he cut my arms on the tops (hey, i have weird mates, don't judge me!) for the next few days i felt alot calmer and had urges to let him do it again. I can see why people do it after experiencing it in a way but i still think it's stupid. It's a temporary fix and you'll be stuck with the scars forever

I Don't Need No Accuser

I Don't Need No Accuser Well-Known Member

That makes no sense at all. You're depressed about something so you take a knife and slash your wrists to take away the pain :rolleyes:

I've cut myself with knives a few times before (accidentally, I'm not a whining emo kid who needs attention) and it fucking hurts, and hurts more than any emotional pain ever will. [/b][/quote]
    Yea, pretty much. If you can't deal with you're emotional problems and have to cut or take drugs to solve them, than I feel sorry for you. When ever my heart is taken out and stomped on I just listen to music.

Suffice

I've cut myself with knives a few times before (accidentally, I'm not a whining emo kid who needs attention) and it fucking hurts, and hurts more than any emotional pain ever will. [/b][/quote]
    You obviously don't have any real idea. Like I said. Some people won't understand. I'm not gonna have an argument about it. And god, if you've ever really had emotional pain, it hurts a FUCK lot more than physical..

cmbpjr_lp

cmbpjr_lp Member

Double Word... [/b][/quote]
    triple word...its just horrible

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

I think I know a few people who've cut themselves before. I think I remember one of them saying that it helps them remember a moment, but then again, why would you want to remember something bad in your life? I find cutting pointless [no pun intended, i swear.], but then again, I've never done it myself, so I can't vouch for those who have.

Why would anyone want to hurt themselves, only because they have been hurt? It only hurts others, like me for example. I really don't like it when someone resorts to cutting themselves. Sure, it might show that you're emotionally weak, but wouldn't it be better to see a physcriatic, or a counselor, they'll help you more than cutting yourself will help you. Same goes for suicide.

Seek professional help, and don't cut yourself. That's why they're there.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Okay, let's get some perspective. Have you ever experienced any massive emotional pain before? Would you say you have valid grounds to say something like that? Not that it's happened to me, but if someone suffered from, say, serious domestic abuse, I'd bet it would hurt a lot more than accidentally cutting yourself. Believe it or not, there are people out there other than whiney attention seekers for whom this is genuine. It isn't always easy to talk to people about it when bad things happen to you, take it from me. Try to be a little more sensitive, too.

Burningsoul

Burningsoul Well-Known Member

My mate cut himself when he was depressed, he aint anymore but he also said it get rids of the pain, in his words it jus seem like the pain is flowin out of ya