Dead By April

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Foreshadowed_LP, Aug 8, 2009.

Foreshadowed_LP

Foreshadowed_LP Well-Known Member

Anyone heard of this band? I found them by chance and I have just recently purchased their debut, self-titled album. I'm really loving their sound of melodic metalcore combined with pop and electronica. The band have described themselves as "pop metal explosion". You can check out their first official video for the single, Losing You at the link posted below.

http://www.deadbyapril.com/video.aspx

The way they balance out the screaming and clean vocals in songs is well done and the use of electronic sounds benefits a lot of the songs. They have a lot of catchy tracks on their album that are also very meaningful (mainly to do with certain relationships). The band also use a lot of mini-breakdowns in certain tracks and have a mixture of soft and heavy songs.

I recommend anyone to listen to this band if you enjoy metalcore that has a softer side to it.

2xPutt

2xPutt Well-Known Member

love them, they are a great great band, heard them randomly on myspace and got hooked.

Trumtram

Trumtram Well-Known Member

i listened to their ep 2 years ago and fell in love with "losing you" then, amazing song, epic chorus.

Adam

Adam !!!! LPA Super Member

anyone described combing metalcore/hardcore/general-scene-music with electronica usually means Adam's not going to bother.

For example: Brokencyde, Medic Droid, Breath Carolina, The Secret Handshake, 30H!3. If I wanted to get fingered I'd go sit in the park more.

Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

These guys don't sound like those bands though. Dead By April are still pretty bad though imo.

Adam

Adam !!!! LPA Super Member

In fairness I never clicked the link, I just heard the description.

Trumtram

Trumtram Well-Known Member

they have so much in common with brokencyde as linkin park with slayer