Dead By Sunrise - "Crawl Back In" Video Now On YouTube

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Sep 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

hmmmmm I liked In Stereo but Believe Me i agree with.. I see your point. I'd rather have a FM album over DBS..oh well.. imma have fun with Chester's material i hope

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Yes, it's the dynamic between the two vocalists, a part of which is how they write and collaborate together.

Shinoda wrote differently when he wrote for Fort Minor, though; lyrically, there was a huge shift, coming after "Meteora" (and, by extension, "Collision Course"). But, because Linkin Park is blantantly more ... uh, alternative rock than anything else, Chester's alternative rock stylings will seem fairly similar, in many ways.

Chester's album will have no rapping vocals, and will probably not feature electronics too heavily. We'll hear a fair many of the songs on "Out Of Ashes" and say they could very easily be passed off as Linkin Park songs ... especially seeing as there's an obvious lack of Shinoda's rapping on "Minutes To Midnight" anyway, and, arguably, a lack of electronics too. At this point, it doesn't seem to stray too far from Linkin Park.

Fort Minor, on the other hand, sounds almost nothing like Linkin Park. It's almost a stretch to say that the guy you hear doing the opening verse on "Remember The Name" is the same guy you heard rapping on "Papercut" and "In The End" five years earlier.

I like Fort Minor because it showed Shinoda as more than what you heard him doing with Linkin Park; creatively, it showed sides of him we hadn't really seen before. It was very obvious at that point that when "The Rising Tied" came out, that none of that material could have worked for "Hybrid Theory" and "Meteora", so that material truly stood out on its own.

Not saying Dead By Sunrise will put out a crap album or anything, but I'm definitely less excited for "Out Of Ashes" than I was for "The Rising Tied".

So, yeah, "Crawl Back In", like, thematically, it's not much different from Linkin Park at all, to me -- at least, after "Minutes". Imagine if Chester's solo album had come out, as it is now, back in 2005; "Crawl Back In" would have blown our minds then because it's a world away from "Meteora" ... just, now that "Minutes" is out, there's a strong resemblance between how Dead By Sunrise is sounding, going off what we've heard already, and how Linkin Park sounds on their most recent studio album, which is fresh in people's minds.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2009
    Amanda.

Amanda. Well-Known Member

I keep comparing them to LP and it isn't working for me. :(

Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

Chester should have done his solo album with the guys from Grey Daze. Or just do another Grey Daze album :lol:.

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

This.
    Or organise a re-release. I'd buy that shit, they were an excellent, excellent band.

LESTAT

LESTAT New Member

As for now, Dead By Sunrise seems like a huge barrel of honey poisoned by a few poison drops:

1) "Crawl Back In" shouldn't have been a single at all.
    2) New version of "My Suffering" turned out to be the carbon copy of "Little Sister" by QOTSA + "Longview" by Green Day.
    3) Both of them were picked to play within Linkin Park set during the tour.

Outside of these facts, DBS sounds godly as hell. "Let Down" and "Walking In Circles" are better than any Linkin Park song (IMO of course). "In The Darkness" is extremely great too. I absolutely love "Fire" but I understand why some of you don't. I'm sure there is a bunch of even better songs.
    So I think all of you should just wait for the album release to jump out with phrases like "Mike Shinoda is a better songwriter". Not to mention, that Grey Daze albums are great from the lyrical standpoint.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Yeah, like, just a re-master or something. That'd be a great treat for the fans, no question. :)

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Agreed. However, what's done is done unfortunately.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

A remaster was done. A few years ago we were allowed to host the remastered tracks of "...No Sun Today" for one year. The physical re-release was supposed to soon follow. Of course WB had their say and it never happened.

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Yeah I jumped on those straight away, but we never did get all the tracks unfortunately. No fault of yours or anyone here, I know.

Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

Yeah i'm still waiting for the last tracks guys! :p those were great remasters nonetheless.

Linkin_way

Linkin_way LPA VIP LPA VIP

Excellent video clip, amazing song .... simply aweome.
    Well done Ches!

Keep it up :)

SecondCityKids

Nice sig ^^^

Linkin_way

Linkin_way LPA VIP LPA VIP

thanks man :D

hey by the way u know how to put youtube video instead of a link ? i keep using that youtube code but it doesn't work !

Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
    SecondCityKids

when you go to reply press go advanced and in the upper corner of the thing they have a youtube symbol..click that and put the embed in between that

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.