Did Final Masquerade bomb?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Blackee Dammet, Sep 13, 2014.

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I wouldn't look too much into it yet, because both of the previous singles were really slow at moving up the charts. Guilty All the Same took several weeks to hit its peak, and Until It's Gone was nowhere to be found on rock radio for almost a month after it was released because GATS was still sitting at #1. UIG just hit #1 this week so radio's not going to have a reason to start adding Final Masquerade just yet.

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

Hey what do ya know, it did. Had no idea.

Well then, I'm satisfied. Last I checked UIG was still doing pretty poorly so this is a surprise. Show's how much I pay attention. For a second I was thinking all their singles were tanking or something.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
    Nobody Can Shave Me Now

Nobody Can Shave Me Now Formerly known as Ron Jeremy LPA VIP

I think it will catch on :)

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

I don't think "Final Masquerade" was sent to radio yet, so it's too early to tell.

Then again, the releases of this album is pretty strange.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Oh, it's not just this album cycle. We've all seen this exact thing play out before.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Yeah, the choices regarding singles are even worse here. Or the timeline at least.

Aden

Aden Well-Known Member

Yeah, they're releasing singles too quickly. Should have given it a couple months before releasing Final Masquerade. I wonder if they're gonna release anything as their fourth single?

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

I'm not sure if there's a fourth single, since LT only had three official singles (BID, LITE, COG). "Wastelands" is the closest candidate though. That's why I'm disappointed that they're rarely doing any notable cross promotion, variety shows or award shows (The UK tour coincides with the EMAs and the AMAs, and I don't think the Fandom Awards have enough audience for exposure). The reason why ATS was a success because it had tons of cross-promotion: "The Catalyst" at the VMAs and Medal of Honor (as well as the album release) propelled it to the Top 40 of the Hot 100; "Waiting for the End" almost reached the Top 40 but was great in sales due to Tap Tap Revenge 4, Saturday Night Live and the EMAs; and "Iridescent" has a lasting audience with TF3 despite it barely charting in the Hot 100. Even "Burning in the Skies" was a hit abroad. Even with a polarizing album like ATS, it was somewhat a success because of the way it was heavily promoted.

The fact that "Given Up" charted higher than any THP single is just sad.

Aden

Aden Well-Known Member

Yeah, two #1 songs on the rock charts ain't too shabby but THP has flopped so far in terms of crossover hits. Maybe FM will do better though when it begins to get played?

Quack

Quack Well-Known Member

LP just gives no fucks about singles anymore LOL...honestly does it really matter if these singles are off of an album that wasn't meant to do well on the radio?

BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

FM is notably on their most popular Spotify tracks, if that counts for anything. Usually Papercut or Lost in The Echo is sitting there.