Do you believe in god?

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by esaul17, Aug 14, 2005.

?

Do you believe in god?

1. Yes, one of an established religion

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes, but just the idea of a God

33.3%
  3. No

66.7%
  1. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Why would it be locked? It's a serious discussion, although it has strayed a bit.

2. HM-UNDERGROUND

HM-UNDERGROUND Well-Known Member

I'm not hear to argue, just here to say that I believe in God 100%! I'm Catholic and while im not some religon freak, that doesn't mean I don't respect my religon.

Go God!

~HM-UNDERGROUND

3. laolith

laolith Well-Known Member

er good point :lol:

4. meteoricgirl_kelly

meteoricgirl_kelly Well-Known Member

i, personally,......think that God was made up my some guy who wanted people to shut up about 'i wonder why' and other questions like that. so then he decided to write this jillion page book to give gullible morons something to obsess over/talk about/have hope in. "oh, god made me!"...okay are you saying that your father, the man your mother (possibly) married and was carrying the child of, which would become you, is God?...your parents made you and that's it. stop saying that you were made by a man who totally non-existant. And this eternal life b.s....i believe that when you die, your soul's memory is erased and given to a baby who is being born...so basically, reincarnation...but as a human...not a paperclip or leaf-cutter ant or some b.s. like that...

i did believe in god at one point. then about 5th grade i stopped and thought about it and came to the conclusion that it's all b.s.

but....to get to my point, God is a fairytale...the most idiotic and superficial one.

5. Dedicated2005

Dedicated2005 Member

Yes, i do believe in God.

6. rosanna

rosanna Well-Known Member

i am atheist. however, i pray. occasionally. to my dead father. i know that he is not listening but it makes me feel better that i have someone to talk to that won't have anything to say back to me.

7. LD50

LD50 Well-Known Member

What can I say that hasn't been said already? Nothing.

I voted "no."

8. Holiday

Holiday Married and on a life-long adventure! LPA Super VIP

How many of you who voted "no" are Athiest, and how many are Agnostic?

For those of you that don't know:

Athiest: Do not believe in any higher power.

Agnostic: Keeps you're options open to the idea of God.

(Those are very simple explainations.)

9. Whimsicality

Whimsicality I broke the dam.

I'm probably wrong, but I thought that Agnostic was someone who believed that the existance of a higher power couldn't be proven or disproven? So you could potentially be an Agnostic-Atheist or an Agnostic-Theist.

And I believe that there are lots of things we don't know about the universe, but I seriously doubt the existance of any "known God(s)."

10. Ivana

Ivana Extremely H! Vltg3

Yes.I believe in God.
    But i dunno why...

11. Holiday

I'm probably wrong, but I thought that Agnostic was someone who believed that the existance of a higher power couldn't be proven or disproven? So you could potentially be an Agnostic-Atheist or an Agnostic-Theist.

And I believe that there are lots of things we don't know about the universe, but I seriously doubt the existance of any "known God(s)." [/b][/quote]
    Thats what i said. that you are keeping your options open to a higher power, but you don't nessisarily believe in one thing or another. But you could be leaning one way or another.

12. Whimsicality

Whimsicality I broke the dam.

Thats what i said. that you are keeping your options open to a higher power, but you don't nessisarily believe in one thing or another. But you could be leaning one way or another. [/b][/quote]
    I guess I sort of misunderstood you then. I thought you were using them as mutually exclusive terms. Apologies. :)

13. Holiday

I guess I sort of misunderstood you then. I thought you were using them as mutually exclusive terms. Apologies. :) [/b][/quote]
    hehe no problem, I just didn't explain well enough. Although i did have a disclaimer. ;) hehe

I, personally, am an Athiest. I truly find it impossible formyself to believe in a higher being.

14. rosanna

rosanna Well-Known Member

i think i used to believe in god, but the older i get, the harder it is to have faith in anything anymore...

however, i am buddhist, as in the philosophy, not the religion. yes it is possible.

15. Boo

Boo Guest

I am a lutheran and i go to church every sunday because I want to strengthen my faith so i can go to heaven.

I believe if you believe Jesus died on the cross for our sins then you will go to heaven. It doesn't matter what you do on earth or what material items you have because you can't take any of them with you.
    I went through a period in my life where i didn't understand Him or believe in him really. But i am glad i know the truth.
    Read the Bible and you'll understand.

16. Stick N move

Stick N move Well-Known Member

i don't know.. i think there is something like a god.. or a great bulk of energy somewhere..

i think this all isn't real.. how can we (just a cluster of atoms) think, and see, and hear, and feel? that is just impossible.. this means everything can feel and think, just like my cd case.. i also believe in life after death, but i do not believe in heaven..

but i think there has to be something that created our consiousness

17. Boo

Boo Guest

Yeah I know a lot of people who do not believe in heaven.

For a lot of people, like my sister, i would think it would be very depressing to think that you are nothing after you die. Like you never even existed.

To believe in heaven, i am not scared of death because I know I'll be going somewhere better

18. J-Flex

J-Flex Ambient

for me.

God exsist as its very logic.

Everysingle thing every single DNA,bloodcell,evolution,nature,space and everything out there.. all suddenly exsisted out of nothing?

as for religions imo it's a good thing because it learned people to see what is good or what is bad in their culture.

without faith people go insane. look at the history of china. because their little faith in god etc. canibalism was somthing normal x years ago.

the only wrong thing about religion IMO is that there is so many religions while they pray for the same and the one and only creator. Allah.God and other names are all references to the same God.
    so why should there be any differences between people's religions while we are the same race 'the human race'?

19. Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

Because many different people have set up many different religions and there was no effort needed to consolidate them? Everyone wants to keep their religion and their views of life.

20. Stick N move

Stick N move Well-Known Member

but what about god? was he also created out of nothing.. just BANG, there god was??

i think we simply don't exist thinking this way..