Do you believe in god?

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by esaul17, Aug 14, 2005.

?

Do you believe in god?

1. Yes, one of an established religion

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes, but just the idea of a God

33.3%
  3. No

66.7%
  1. Ether

Ether Well-Known Member

I have only been on this planet for like 18 years and I certainly havent been anywhere or done anything that has given me a reason to believe in "GOD", but that of course doesnt mean I never will.

However I am studying philosophy and it really does open your mind to other perspectives...

2. cece13

cece13 Well-Known Member

I believe that there is a higher power out there...... I don't believe in organized religion though. I tend to lean more towards earth based religions.

god is a female figure. fun.

3. Intergalactic Christ

Intergalactic Christ Blood On Ice LPA VIP

I don't believe in god, though I find the studies of religion, and arguing religion against science, a kind of fascinating thing. Much to my delight, we do that in RE now, rather than just learning about religion ^_^

I don't have a reason to not believe in god, such as a family member dying, I just don't. But I find science more interesting than religion.

Oh, and this is a very interesting article, although it's very lengthy. And by that I mean it's about 57 pages long on Miicrosoft Word.

Another thing: I think that in some cases, Religion can be dangerous. Such as the cases of terrorism, or where people do crazy things "because god told them to", however, I know this is pretty rare.

4. linkin park 101

linkin park 101 Shhh! If You're Quiet I'll Show You A Dinosaur

I don't really believe in god as i have never experienced anything that would make me believe he was real.

5. Intergalactic Christ

Intergalactic Christ Blood On Ice LPA VIP

This isn't directed at you, I just wanted to quote the point because a lot of people think it.

A lot of people have the above point. But the whole idea of religion is to believe something, not to have it proven to you.

That's a little ironic, because I'm an atheist, but oh well.