Do you miss the old LP??

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by pooldude, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Opinions are opinions, but saying they put more work into Hybrid Theory/Meteora is just not true. They put as much if not more work into ATS. I'm not sure how you can deny that.

2. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

:) That's good.

3. iNuBBiN

iNuBBiN Well-Known Member

Im not denying it. They could have put 10times as much work into for all I know. But I can say from looking at the documentaries and what they have said about the making of those albums, is how I fucking feel about these albums. I'm not trying to argue with people, or say no work was put into ATS and its a lazy album because im not. I'm just saying there is 2 different work ethics between HT/M days and MTM/ATS days, and how I personally feel towards them.

4. Guys, I've seen some people going against those who prefer the old Linkin Park.

Everyone has different opinions.

If someone likes hybrid theory way more than a thousand suns with a valid reason, that's completely fine.

However, to iNubbin: I feel that they put alot more work into A thousand suns EVEN THOUGH I FELT IT WAS RUSHED. On the documentary, they were given alot of pressure and were often critisized. They were expanding alot and experimenting. Experimenting is alot of work.

5. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

It's fine to think that a piece of art I made just by throwing paint at a canvas is better than the Mona Lisa, but don't use the reasoning "because he worked harder and put more energy into it". Because it took much less creativity and man-hours to make it compared to the Mona Lisa.

That is like the HT and ATS argument we're having in this thread.

6. arbiter

arbiter Well-Known Member

What mr. Dumbledore said 10X. It is not us telling you not to have an opinion. An opinion is you think ATS because it doesn't have many guitar and is not heavy. An opinion is you think setlist A is better than setlist B and its your prerogative. Stating that LP put more work into making HT than ATS is not just stating an opinion but merely you transferring your feelings of nostalgia and sentimentality and love for HT into a conclusion that that is unfounded and is in full deserving of correction and calling out. You took your "opinion" way too far. Were you in the studio with them? Spouting stuff like that makes me think of all those journalists who were accusing LP of being a label manufactured boy band. Just like them, you seem to not have all your facts straight.

7. CM.

CM. ☠ L O V E KEEPS US K I N D

who said there excist an old linkin park?
    in my opinion they are still linkin park as when they were ''linkin park'' that time back
    i personally dont think you are a true fan if you say you miss the old linkin park
    you dont have to love all of their songs ofc but considering they are in the game for quite a while now
    i think we should be proud of them takin a chance and made this awesome album called a thousand suns

8. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Alright, so to sit there and say MTM was a "pile of _______" was a really obnoxious thing to state. MTM was an album that showed the band moving away from a dying genre and proving to themselves and the world that a band can creatively reinvent itself. They showed that they can take risks and dares and run with it. We all knew that MTM was going to be different. We were told MTM was going to be different. The band even said that there wasn't much rapping in MTM which is why (i feel) Mike did the whole Fort Minor thing. In my opinon, LP could not have gotten away with pulling off ATS without MTM. In a way, the theme that started in MTM flowed into ATS. A countdown to destruction into total annihilation.

9. The Fortunate One

The Fortunate One Well-Known Member

After listening to TLTGYA or WTCFM, I can't stand the old songs anymore. Waaay too simplistic and predictable. Their songs are better written now generally and are actually more cathartic. The lyrics are more deep and metaphorical, and the subject matter is much more relevant than before. I'd choose a concept album about war, politics and the atomic bomb over teenage angsty lyrics. They are really daring now when it comes to writing music and are much less concerned about over-commercial song structure.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2011
  10. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

That's how I feel. I tried listening to Hybrid Theory the other day and I just couldn't do it. There's a good chance I never listen to Hybrid Theory or Meteora again except for Cure For The Itch and Session.

11. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

I'll still pop in Hybrid Theory now and then just because of how awesome it still sounds to me. Meteora too but not as often. Mike would use the word to describe those albums as "candy." But hey, who doesn't like candy every now and then? :awesome:

Last edited: Feb 21, 2011
  12. Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

This, except that I'm feeling bored of the HT candy already.

13. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I don't mind "Hybrid Theory" much but I'm starting now to like "Meteora" less. Listened to it yesterday and some of the lyrics - in particular, the verses in "Easier To Run" - simply made me cringe. I'm more grateful than ever that the band has moved on from that shit. :)

14. Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

Ironically, I think E2R is one of the most mature songs from the Meteora era! :awesome:

But regardless on the particular song, I totally get you point. Listening to both HT/Met right now don't have the same impact they once had when i first heard em all those years ago. maybe its because of overplaying but its partly due to the lyrics as well.

Of course there are few exceptions like 'A place for my head' (this one gets better with age) 'Papercut', 'With You' and maybe easier to run & session That I can say I still love & consider LP's best work.

15. The Fortunate One

Yeah, 'Easier to Run' was a very mature, thought-provoking song. It had the best lyrics on Meteora.

16. Manu

Manu Seeking tenderness with a dagger

Too bad it sounds like an obvious attempt to recreate Crawling.

17. Gman2887

Gman2887 Well-Known Member

I always put "Crawling" closer to "Numb," but I hear the "Crawling"/"Easier to Run" and "Pushing Me Away"/"Numb" comparison more often.

18. The Fortunate One

Don't Stay/One Step Closer.

19. Sucre06

Sucre06 The Bartender

I think I miss above all things, namely such songs like Easier to run, My december, Figure09 (it's actually Old school) :whistling

20. SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

It's funny, I used to be one of those staunch pre-MTM LP defenders, and now Wretches & Kings is my least favorite song on the new album despite it sounding the closest to what LP was back then. Not that I don't still like old LP, but I think my tastes have matured with the band's maturation in writing and style.