Do you think 'Wastelands' and 'Rebellion'' will chart very well?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by ChazyChaz92, Jun 4, 2014.

ChazyChaz92

ChazyChaz92 Well-Known Member

Both are very good on iTunes atm. Are they official singles or only promotional?

Do you think they will chart very well in fact of the good iTunes Charts.

Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

Rebellion will chart higher than Wastelands.

JasonJielN

JasonJielN Well-Known Member

Wasteland is the 3rd single for sure. But I doubt it will chart well.
    They need to make official videos for them, or at least Wasteland. I feel like their promotion for this album is so poor.

ChazyChaz92

ChazyChaz92 Well-Known Member

I think the promotion for THP is much better as for LT, except the missing music videos. Wastelands/Rebellion and the album itself hit hard on the iTunes charts. GATS and UIG did okay, too.

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

No. Singles like Wastelands and Rebellion that get released as "unofficial" hype singles right before the album usually don't chart well. They get stuck in limbo.

Hans Muster

Hans Muster Well-Known Member

Wastelands isn't likely to chart in the US (already #71 iTunes), in Europe however it will hit the charts. Rebellion seems to chart higher at this point. But I'm quite sure, all of the singles we got til now will peak in their first week because there won't be (much) airplay, so no, sales will be poor.

The album might actually sell well in the first week since the hype is way better than 2 years ago. Not sure if they can beat Lana Del Rey's new album for the #1 spot though.

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Until It's Gone was consistently in the Top 40 of the iTunes chart after charting for around 5 days. It fell off a few days later.

It debuted at #115 on the Billboard Hot 100. It doesn't look very good for Wastelands and Rebellion.

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

Rebellion is catching a lot of attention, even non-fans approve (although a lot of them are attributing their fondness for Daron, probably rightfully so). If they release it as a proper single, I'd see it doing well.

Not Wastelands though, despite being "classic Linkin Park" I've seen nothing more positive than a 'just ok' for it.

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

"Rebellion" has screams. The last time an LP song had screaming and was a hit was "Bleed It Out" (or if you count Top 40, "Somewhere I Belong"). Also, it has heavy guitars that discomfort casual listeners. The radio song with evident guitars right now is Paramore's "Ain't It Fun" (which is a great song imo).

But if it does push through as a single, I'm all for it. But as a radio listener, I just don't think it'll do good.