Does anybody else NOT like Collision Course?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by LP_Freak_2735, Jan 1, 2005.

Calenia

Calenia Well-Known Member

The main point is: I don't like that Rap-hip Hop thing so much
    However, all I wanted to hear was some new material. But it seems like everything they do is rearranging the old stuff over and over again instead of recording some new. Alomst 2 years passed since Meteora was released - A live album, another remix-one - I'm curious how long it'll take until we get a best-of album. :unsure: :(

DruSilla

DruSilla Member

same here.
    i don't like the album at all.
    well i do think it was a good idea to do sth different, like some one before me said: that kind of music is sth lp normally don't do, but i think the result is just bad.

and the remixing the songs they have over and over and over and over again is just simply ruining their music for me....
    personally i don't need to hear every song they have in 1 million different ways!

DiSiLLUSiON

DiSiLLUSiON Ambient

I don't like it. Give me their oldest songs any day.

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

Yeah, very true.

bongmaster

bongmaster Active Member

Do you care to back up your opinion with reasoning? Or do you just wish to become the '!' master? [/b][/quote]
    absolutely none of it mixes well together at all. mixture of jive speaking rap with Linkin Park does not mix at all. I hate it when they transition to Linkin Parks music from Jay-Z's beats, like when they try to incorporate 99 Problems with One Step Closer. ITS JUST HALF-HEARTED CRAP!! To me this sounds like a filler album in between their new stuff. I am really disappointed with LP right now. I want them to work on new stuff instead of crap like this! I'm even really tired with Meteora, I still love Hybrid Theory, but Meteora has really turned me off. It was good for the moment, but it didn't last. Their next album is really going to decide whether or not I'll continue as a fan.

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

absolutely none of it mixes well together at all. mixture of jive speaking rap with Linkin Park does not mix at all. I hate it when they transition to Linkin Parks music from Jay-Z's beats, like when they try to incorporate 99 Problems with One Step Closer. ITS JUST HALF-HEARTED CRAP!! To me this sounds like a filler album in between their new stuff. I am really disappointed with LP right now. I want them to work on new stuff instead of crap like this! I'm even really tired with Meteora, I still love Hybrid Theory, but Meteora has really turned me off. It was good for the moment, but it didn't last. Their next album is really going to decide whether or not I'll continue as a fan. [/b][/quote]
    It was done in 4 days BTW. But good backup :)

lofton0788

lofton0788 Well-Known Member

its definitly one of their worse albums...i really cant decide if its worse then reanimation or not.the fact of the matter is that i like LP because of their rock, and i'm not a big rap fan...so thats probably why i dont like it too much

goso88

goso88 Well-Known Member

Ditto!

bongmaster

bongmaster Active Member

One more thing, I am also a LP street team member. If their next album doesnt alteast surpass Meteora, I'm gone.

Messy Marj

Messy Marj LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I hate Collision Course. Just like others said, they need to bring out new material.

Melonman64

Melonman64 Well-Known Member

i agree with pretty much everyone here
    the idea of Jay-Z and LP together just makes me shudder in horror

thrivana

thrivana Banned

i wub it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub:

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

reanimation was an album in itself! i dont know how people can even say they are similar.

sure they kept the same lyrics - but its the music that is the hard part to do. LP have shown with both reanimation and collision course that they can mix things up. they arent affraid to try new things... which in the music bussiness is a risky thing to do.

LP want to experiment while they can - theres no point in doing all this when they are old news later on in life they want to do it now with other people (Jay-Z, and the many people of reanimation) who are at the top of their games.

give LP some slack people - you may not like it but just dont go round slagging them off just because they arent doing the whole nu metal thing. like they have said from the start they are a hybrid of many type of music - and if bringing out a remix album and a collaboration album with one of the best rappers alive, fair play to them IMO

bongmaster

bongmaster Active Member

I'm not bashing them cause they are making something "new" (even in reality it really isn't), I'm dissappointed because they are not taking the time to create their OWN new music! It's been almost two years since Meteora, and they aren't even in the studio! People have said to me that they are taking the long period of time to create something even better, but that all sounds like bullcrap to me. Many bands that I love have released albums only a year apart from each other and they are still great!

edit: I don't mind them experimenting, but they are their own band! I really don't like to see bands experiment at the expense of their own creativety.

JJ

you know how LP work though... look at the song by myself.

it started off in 1997.... ended up on Hybrid Theory released in 2000. therefore 3 years in the making. LP like to take their time, right now i bet their thinking of ideas and stuff.

bongmaster

bongmaster Active Member

Yeah, but bands that generally like to take their time can create music fast also. Look at Lamb of God, their second album took 18 months; their newest, around six. Then there's also songs like Numb, where the band said it was created very quickly. Look at the Meteora booklet.

JJ

true.

look at bands like incubus - their latest album took 6 weeks to make!

but to be honest - its not their best work

bongmaster

bongmaster Active Member

true.

look at bands like incubus - their latest album took 6 weeks to make!

but to be honest - its not their best work [/b][/quote]
    I'll agree with that! :p

Dynamic Figure

Dynamic Figure Member

when I saw this album hanging in the cd shop,I feel surprised a little bit.before sometime ,on the board of lp official website I saw that Mike said that lp would not release an album about remix of Meteora, but fans could remix songs without commercial benifit.
    but I got this cd,I listen to whole the song,it is ok.it is not expected of mine.
    I can hear of the message that lp will continue the revolution projekt tour,coz' I do not live in US,so I can not see the show.I look foreward to the new album ,not remix the second.
    I do not like this one!

Razan

Razan SUGAAAR!

I loved CC!
    They're so professional, I don't think any other band could've made a mash up like this.
    It.was.radioactive!