Does anyone else feel this way?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Money Maker Mike, Jul 5, 2012.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

I agree that Burn It Down wasn't a good choice for the first single, at all. I think LT is a great album, but many songs sound too much alike. Example: In My Remains, Burn It Down and I'll Be Gone. But those are awesome songs. LT isn't their creative peak, it's an album full of radio friendly songs, but, hey, what's wrong with that?!

Juliet

Juliet Well-Known Member

I still love the album and still listen to it almost everyday

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

I think that the biggest problem LT has is that it followed ATS.

They had raised the bar. And love it or loathe it, it was LP at their musical peak. The only way they could top it for a musician's viewpoint is to REALLY go nuts, and shed their radio-friendly sound completely, creating longer & more experimental songs pushing their creativity to the max. But this album was not it. Nor was it meant to be. Face it, what LP do best is writing short catchy-as-fuck tunes full of energy. The band are good at it and they know it. I guess they just wanted a break from the complex writing sessions of ATS for this album cycle. So who knows, Perhaps on album 6, will the ATS minded LP return?

If they don't, I'll go to Limp Bizkit instead.

:dafuq:

Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

Wait........

Maybe that was the plan all along!!!!!!!! There was no way they were going to top ATS so they were just going to go as far as possible in the opposite direction, avoiding a proper comparison of the two altogether.

*tin foil hat*

ernieball003

ernieball003 Well-Known Member

After heavy initially listening I've dropped the album out of rotation completely. I'll see just how good it is when it manages to come back.

Jack_Farrell

Jack_Farrell KTTK is Chester suicide-diving off a cliff naked

This happened to me too. It didn't happen at all with ATS. I spinned ATS non-stop for two weeks straight then started branching out but still listened to it daily.
    With LT... I can't fucking wait for LPU12. Give me ATS b-sides, fuck.

ernieball003

ernieball003 Well-Known Member

It's more of a conscience decision on my part to not listen to Living Things for awhile.

StaticOnTheWay

StaticOnTheWay Makin' you all say "woah"

Only songs I listen to anymore are CoG, UIB, Skin To Bone, LITE.

Also, why does everything have to come back to Meteora? Not hating, just wondering.

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

I've listened to it maybe 10 times. Done.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

I still enjoy listening to it. Very much.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

I listened to it yesterday, after 1,5 week not doing it.

I enjoyed it again. Say what you want about it, but LT is really a fun record, the kind of thing that pumps you up (for the most part), and in that regards, it's definitely good. Now, if you're looking for a more complex musical journey with ton of things/layers/... to discover in the music, LT is not the right album.

But well, listening to LT for a musical journey is as unappropriate as listening to ATS for jam/headbang. It's simply not the goal of the record.

Gravity_LP

Gravity_LP Well-Known Member

played all the songs except roads untraveled, burn it down and tinfoil. For the rest, i think they are all songs to me that i will never get bored. played the album 49 times before skipping some tracks :D. For ats i only played it 26 times before playing some tracks, kinda annoyed by all the interludes.... ._.

I've noticed that a lot of the songs are in A minor. And that key tends to give a depressing and tiring mood. At least to me. Maybe that's one reason why Living things is getting boring. it's subconcious, but yeah.

or im crazy.

Gman2887

Gman2887 Well-Known Member

I think you're assuming that fans of ATS don't like it because they can't get used to the fact Living Things is a different kind of album. I get that and enjoy fun albums, but I've either outgrown them enough that they tend to bore me after a little while or the songs are weaker. With Living Things I'm thinking a little bit of both. There's just not enough that stands out. In its own sea of energy and high octane songs its like a flat line. If the goal is to pump me up, it's decidedly a failure.

Xodus

Xodus Well-Known Member

I haven't gotten tired of it but I'm not listening to it as much. It's not even that I'm bored of it but more that it's a REALLY short album and to top it off I don't like Burn it Down or Lies, Greed, Misery and I'll Be Gone (I would throw In My Remains in there too but Mike's bridge saves it for me) which makes it an even shorter listen. So I've dropped it from thinking it's equal to ATS to below ATS. It's just not as challenging and interesting a listen as ATS. I listened to ATS again last week and thought "yup, this is LP pushing themselves". ATS is LP comfortable in everything they do. Not bad at all but not ATS.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
    Xodus

Xodus Well-Known Member

Meteora isn't bad because only because it's not an evolution it's bad because it sounds bland and forced and the lyrics are cheesy. Numb and SIB are examples of the worst lyrics recorded by a band I can say that I'm a fan of.

shinformant

shinformant Banned

If only they'd shoehorned in a concept re: war iz liek totally bad! and luv iz gud! Then it'd be a masterpiece and the epitome of all music ever.

TRUTH.

20. Diablorojo

Diablorojo Well-Known Member

I still like the album but it's getting old easily, i think that they played it safe, the took no risks and it had a lot of formula

wish that they experiment more, whewn i heard that they wanted to do a more upbeat album i was thinking about BLACKOUT