Does anyone else feel this way?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Money Maker Mike, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Geki

Geki >.

The album has only been out for about 6 months and I am kind of sick of it to be honest... Not my favorite LP album. May be my least favorite. It's really good and has good songs, but it's not perfect like all other LP albums are for me... I can't help but think that this album feels forced. It's weird because it feels like they tried so hard and evolved and changed the whole band with MTM and then further with ATS, then this is just like it fits right in between Meteora and MTM. Kind of odd. Not much of a fan of bringing back the old LP sounds. I would have preferred a more advanced ATS. Nothing on LT really resembles MTM or ATS to me...

Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  2. The Fortunate One

The Fortunate One Well-Known Member

For me there's hardly a song/album which doesn't get dated after a month or two of constant overplay. LT is no exception.

3. lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

I'm not "tired" nor "sick of it." I'm just used to it now. It's still a great album to be honest, and I have nothing against it.

But I hope Linkin Park's future efforts will see the band experimenting with music as much as possible. It's what they're best at.

4. Suffered

Suffered All we need is faith

Agree. I like it just like most of LP's work, but I hope they will experimenting more, and leave the "old sound" behind. LT was a good "looking back" to the "old style" but I hope it was just a one-time thing.

5. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Honestly, the record has been growing on me again lately. Which is good news for me :)

It's a fun record to listen to, from time to time. Not the kind of thing you can put on repeat, but the kind of thing you'll be enjoying while working out, studying, chilling, ect.

So yes, even if it's not legendary, it's not bad either.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  6. Fuhji

Fuhji Member

No, i think LT is a step to perfectioness. It's better than ATS, if you ask me. And it don't get boring. I listen to it 7 times the day I got it, after 2 weeks I can't count it any more. (The reason for that could be that I ONLY LISTEN TO LP's MUSIC, if you look at my music on my iPod the only 2 interprets you can find are LP and Jay-Z, because of Collision Course, so I know what I'm talking about) No one of their albums are getting boring! They are all timeless and I'm happy that LP always tries something new!

LP4ever