Does anyone else think that ATS should be played in it's entirety??

Discussion in 'On Stage' started by SamohtCela, Sep 10, 2010.

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

I think that's really their problem lol. HT and Meteora have been out for 10 and 7 years. Most bands don't even last that long, much less play old material that long. I'd say 1 hit from each CD would be acceptable. Or more if they remixed them. Then all of ATS.

Manu

Manu Seeking tenderness with a dagger

I'm seeing them live for the first time next month, and trust me, I'd be really pissed off if they did that.

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

Most bands don't have a massive fan base like Linkin Park. Believe me. People WILL be MAD if they didn't get those songs. They are popular and well known for a reason

Polychromatic

Polychromatic Banned

I think that they shouldn't play the album through. They would sit out the first 3 minutes, just staring at the crowd. The interludes are sick, but would just leave the band sitting there besides Jornada.

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

How so? The Requiem, The Radiance, Jornada, and Fallout would have tasks for the band members to do. Maybe even all of them. And interludes give the crowd time to rest a little bit or get amped for the next song. Ever been to a Tool concert?

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

They should definitely play this beginning to end. I would want them to start with ATS, and close with the old stuff. I do not want The Messenger to be the closing song of the show. Play ATS, then squeeze in 10-15 old songs. That would be perfection. I WOULD be ok if they decided to skip a few interludes or shortened them however.

Polychromatic

Polychromatic Banned

The Requiem and The Radiance open the show with 3 minutes of standing around. Although it's cool to have, there isn't really energy being pumped up, just setting the tone. Jornada is alright because Mike would sing and the synth solo would kick in, but, Wisdom would just be a stand around and Fallout would only give Mike about 10 seconds of actual singing.

You can reason with it, but I doubt it would be as epic as we think live.

iNuBBiN

iNuBBiN Well-Known Member

I can see them play the almost the whole new album except empty spaces, robot boy, the messenger maybe, and 1 or 2 of the interludes. And I think they will probably just play the singles and some from all the other albums. HT: Papercut, one step closer, points of authority, in the end and place for my head(for the crowd) Meteora: Faint, BTH, Numb, FTI(chester said he likes playing it), SIB or LFY, MTM: Given Up, What I've done, Bleed it out, NMS.

Since the new album is so soft songs then they will probably try to play almost all the heavy songs from the previous music to please the crowd

ToddWilliamson

ToddWilliamson Well-Known Member

i think it's a brilliant idea but the band would probably get tired if not fucked off with some of the songs.
    maybe as someone suggested that they play the whole album (minus a track or two) and add the hits and crowd favorites in to fit in with the existing ATS setlist.