Dredg

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Stik, Oct 12, 2004.

Stik

Stik Well-Known Member

Just curious, Deftones w/ special guest DREDG will be hitting The House of Blues October 13th in Orlando. I was curious as to whether anyone caught this show in other cities, or if there are any Dredg fans out there that are catching either tomorrow's show or later show dates. Dredg, if any of you who don't know who they are, is a band out of Los Gatos, CA, who rock the musical scene with sweeping melodies and heavy, emotional lyrics. I recommend you guys check them out at www.dredg.com and listen in on their stuff. Their biggest hit had to be "Same Ol' Road" back about two years ago or so. Dredg hasn't really made it big yet, but they recently just started touring not too long ago to get their music to a broader audience. I definitely recommend you guys check out the Jim Bean Live Tour, even if you hate the Deftones, just to see Dredg. I promise you, you won't be disappointed. :D Lemme know if anyone will be catching them October 13th, I'd love to meet you out there! :)

DTF

DTF Well-Known Member

Deftones own, and so does dredg. Wow, what a great band, music that is much more intelligent than 98% of mainstream

Stik

Stik Well-Known Member

Yeah, definitely. It's about time a band like Dredg comes out and shows the world what true music is. :)

Methybrea

Methybrea Well-Known Member

Glad the Deftones asked them to open for them.

Dredg is amazing IMO. They have a new album coming out soon, and its rumoured to be called "Coquette". I'll put the site that has some rough demos of the songs if I can find it.

Anyways, check out El Cielo, amazing stuff. My fav. track of theirs is probably "Of the Room".

Stik

Stik Well-Known Member

Oh my. I had talked to Gaven at the one Chevelle concert, and he had mentioned a new album, but I haven't heard anything yet...till now. PLEASE, if you find that site, send it to me. Dredg is a freakin awesome band, and I can't wait till their next album. My favorite song on El Cielo has got to be Sanzen...don't know, they're all good, hehe.

DTF

DTF Well-Known Member

Yes!! El Cielo is such a kick ass, yet beautiful album

Stik

Stik Well-Known Member

El Cielo sounded so different than Leitmotif...I wonder if the new album will have a completely new sound as well...

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

You know, just thinking about it, it actually isn't hard to pull off. :lol:

Stik

Stik Well-Known Member

You know, just thinking about it, it actually isn't hard to pull off. :lol: [/b][/quote]
    Haha, that is true.

Stik

Stik Well-Known Member

Alright, well, I'm gettin ready for the concert. I'll let you guys know how it went afterwards! :D

Methybrea

Methybrea Well-Known Member

Well, I can't find the link.....anyone who wants some of their demos from their new album IM me their MSN messenger e-mail. :) I'll try to be online when I can!

As for the sound of the album according to these tracks, looks like it will be similar to El Cielo, very jazzy and light for the most part, but with some amazing melodies, and especially good singing by Gaven! B)

Stik

Stik Well-Known Member

Well, Dredg's set was short, but definitely sweet tonight. They only ended up playing five or six songs, all but one new, but their new stuff sounded awesome! After they played, they came out to the merch booth, and I got to talking to Gavin, Drew, Dino, and Mark, and I made pretty good friends with them. I ended up with a drumstick Dino threw into the audience, and I got it all signed by them. I also talked Gavin into getting me a soda from the green room, and when I was done drinking it, he signed it. :D
    About the leaked songs, I had talked to all of them, and they basically weren't too pissed that they leaked. Gavin was explaining how he just didn't want the audience to get accustomed to the demos, and then put out totally new songs. Dino didn't care, hehe. They even told me to find the new songs and listen, so they seemed ok with it. Oh, and the new album WON'T be named Coquette. Gavin explained on how they don't even have a name for it yet. When I told him what I heard, he told me it was bullshit.
    New album news: Looks like the new album is slated for an April release next year. It's basically done, and they're just sitting on it. They're waiting till next April because they want to record more songs when they get home. Fine with me, just get the damn CD out!
    Tour news: Dredg may try to headline a tour in January of next year. Nothing is official yet, but from what I hear, it would be a nationwide tour, so all states, not just the west coast, will be covered. I can't WAIT for that! :D
    Well, that's all the scoop I got, hehe. Message me for me! DREDG RULES! \m/:angry:\m/