Drinking

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Mark, Dec 11, 2005.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Do we have any drinkers in here? I'm guessing yes.

Any hilarious stories to share while being under the influence? What do you drink? What have you drank? How much? Any special mixes? Do you do it legally or underage? How often? What's the drinking age in your area? Drinking games? Anything else?

Originally, this spring when I started drinking, I tried vodka. Smirnoffs to be more precise. I was a cheap drunk, and vodka is a cheap drink for beginners. I could get a half-flask down in an hour and feel the effects pretty hardcore. You know, the usual symptoms; increased socialization, terrible balance, blurry vision. My first drink of liquor was a huge gulp straight from the flask. Being uneducated at the time, I felt that burning tingle in the back of my throat after downing it and started gasping. It tasted like rubbing alcohol! My friends had me try it with ginger ale and that tasted pretty sweet. Later on, I tried it with fruit punch gatorade and it tasted absolutely terrible. It's completely turned me off vodka.

So then my friends started easing me into beer. I wasn't, and I'm still not a huge fan of the taste. But it does the job. I started with light beers like Coors Light and moved upwards to Miller Genuine Draft, Molson, Molson Kick, Moosehead (local), India, Bavaria, and Stella Artois. Typically, you'll find me with a glass (or vase, if you've seen my pictures :p) filled up, and then 10 seconds later you might look back and find it empty. I'm a huge fan of chugging. That way, I don't have to keep the taste in my mouth for a long time and it gets me drunk quicker. I can get one down in about 7 seconds.

It's funny because there might be 5 guys around a table with full mugs, a countdown from 5 by everyone else in the room, and then we have a race to the finish with everyone shouting "Go! Go! Go! Go! Go!" behind us. The last one to finish has to chug a community cup, which is a collection of samples of what everyone's drinking that night. So the loser would have to drink a cup of about 6 different types of beers, some vodka, gin, and rum. I've done it once and it's terrible. If you're going to do that, be sure to know how to chug properly. Hah.

The drinking game we usually play is called "Red or Black?". You take a deck of cards, shuffle them, and lay it face down on the table. Before lifting up the first card, you have to guess it's color. If you guess three straight cards correctly, you make up a rule for the game. For example, if you guess the second card wrong, you have to get up and spin around as fast as you can for 5 seconds. Believe me, when it gets to the end of that game, spinning around like that can be quite disasterous for the person and any neighbouring furniture. Believe me, I know. :lol:

I drink about 4-5 times a month on weekend nights. The university culture has really pushed me into the party loop, so that's great. I'm currently 18, and the drinking age is 19, so technically it's underage, but it doesn't feel that way.

I'll eventually share some funny stories. So what are some of your experiences? And don't try and act cool and say you drink when in actual fact you don't, because it's easy to spot. :p

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

I am not much of a drinker. In fact, I can't say I've ever been drunk. The taste of alcohol doesn't really appeal to me. But tonight, I tried some imported Russian vodka my friend had. Holy shit, that stuff is strong. I couldn't even get an entire shot down.

And the drinking age in Canada is only 19? Fucking sweet, I may be moving up there in August if I decide to transfer schools (Looking at somewhere in Toronto)

Mark

18 in Quebec. ;) :lol:

It varies per province. Ontario is 19, though.

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

I occasionally drink tequila and vodka. Although I hate the taste of beer, I can't stand it.

Mark

I did at first, and I'm still not a big fan, but I can tolerate it now. Hah.

Almost everyone hates the taste of beer at first, but it grows on them. That's what I've found.

Kate

Kate beat me senseless LPA Super Member

I'm not a heavy drinker, I usually just enjoy a drink or two on certain occasions. Since I'm underage, I'm usually sober cab at parties, and this suits me fine. I do, however, have considerable experience with the harder liquors, particularly vodka and tequila. We've discovered that I can take quite a bit of alcohol before losing sight of anything, which I've been told is odd in someone of my size.

Best story though, is one weekend this fall, I was hanging out with a friend of mine who decided that I was far too innocent and needed a little corruption. (Poor boy had never been out to a party with me.) He produced a shot glass and some 151, poured one for me, and watched in absolute shock as I tossed it back without even blinking. Apparently skinny girls like me shouldn't be able to do that and not throw up.

Also, my best friend's boyfriend was nicknamed "The Inferno" after an interesting experience with flaming shots.

Mark

Bwahaha.

I'm that way too. I'm 5'10 and 125 pounds and even though I drink a substantial amount for someone my size, I've never gotten sick.

Just horribly, horribly dizzy in the morning occassionally. Damn spins.

TeMpEsT

TeMpEsT Live To Thrash LPA Super Member

I love beer, but I love whiskey more. Jack and Jim are my dearest friends. I also enjoy Captain Morgan's, Crown Royale, any kind of Bacardi (although Bacardi Superior is gold), and Wild Turkey.

In the beer's corner, I prefer Coors Light, Milwaukee's Best Light (Beast), Miller Lite, Pabst, and Miller Genuine. Aye I wish I would be drinking tonight.

Nikki

Nikki I have no idea what is going on LPA Super Member

Come the the UK, drinking age is 18. And I can't beleieve you drink the wife beater, Mark =P (Stella, for all you non-UKers)

Though I went through a period of not drinking at all, I have been drinking lately whenever I'm out and haven't been driving. It's not that often anymore, it seems that things have calmed down since the summer, but still =P

I'm an absolute fiend when it comes to Bailey's - it's an Irish cream that just tastes like melted chocolate, so hm...I could drink that all day and not feel the slightest bit tipsy, so if I'm in that sort of mood for merriment then I'll just get shots upon shots of Vodka or Aftershock (a lesser version of Absinthe so I'm told, but I don't actually know. It's bloody strong though). Oh! I love cocktails as well, I've started getting into those a lot lately, Screaming Orgasm is my favourite XD

Can't say I like any sort of beer though. I only drink them if I'm desperate...and if I'm already slightly drunk

Your community cup is a lot like Shep's speciality: Panjuice (I'm sure he'll appear to tell us about those at some point). Getting anything and everything in the house, shoving it in a pan and serve.

Drinking games...Alrighty...Let's see if I remember some.

The Lord of the Rings game: Watch any of the LOTR films. Whenever "THE RING" is mentioned - shot.
    The Alphabet game: An A to Z of the rudest things you can think of. Fastest person to yell something good shots
    Twister: Whoever loses. Shots.

There are loads more, but I can't think of them ;_;

Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

I do drink. Infact, I think I drink too much for someone who's 16 (Drinking age is 18). I mean, the past 3 weekends I've been to 3 different partys and got drunk at each of them.

As for what I've drank, I think I've tested a hell of a lot of stuff, from beer to Jager and Aftershock (which are both amazing drinks) to Malibu (which isn't that nice). Recently I've been drinking Bell's whiskey and beer but last night was a night with the vodka and yes, it was Smirnoff.

I'd say that if you get it right, then you can drink yourself into bliss basically. It feels really good to just be like, "whatever" and just do things.

I'd also like to say that I'm a really really good mixer of drinks. Everyone I know is like "BOULTON! MAKE ME A DRINK!" For some strange reason, everyone absolutely loves them and keeps asking how I do it and saying that I'm a prick for being able to do it. I think the best mix I've done was last week though; Pineapple juice, Smirnoff, Jack Daniels, Apple Bacardi Breezer and then some Carling. Tasted fecking awesome if I do say so myself :lol:

The funniest things when you're drunk are mainly what people say, not what they do. We were sitting there playing a drinking game called Ring Of Fire (I'll go into more detail on that later, it's really fun and gets you really drunk) and there was just four of us with a bottle of Aftershock and two crates of beer (we only got through one before we gave up 'cause we were too pissed). One of my mates just started ripping into one of the other people there and this is how it went:

Matty: Kingsleigh is so fucking stupid. He does statistics instead of maths! I mean, you go to him "Kingsleigh, if a farmer has 2 chickens in one hutch and then he buys another hutch with 3 chickens in, how many chickens are there?"
    Kingsleigh (deadly seriously to try to prove Matty wrong): 5 cows.
    Everyone else: :lol:!!!
    Kingsleigh: What? That right!

Was well funny at the time. Another story is when I was outside my mates house with a few people we know I was punched by my mate Blondie so I chased after him. He ran round a bush and I thought "I know, if I jump the bush I'll catch him" so I did. And I just hit the bush and fell face first into a field and was like "Wtf?" So I got up and everyone was laughing I went "Shut up!" and went to climb over a wall but 'cause my feet were wet from walking on the grass I slipped off the wall aswell. :lol:

Anyway, that's enough random talk about drink. Onto best drinking game:

Ring Of Fire! :D Which I've stolen the rules off a website to make it easier and I've edited them a bit to fit the rules we play. I'll have to attach them though...

Here's the rules

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2005
    Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Oh god yes. I went out last night & got drunk, nothing too extreme happened though. One of my favourite stories is, I went to a friends house party, had a little too much vodka & stole his mothers night gown, suspenders & a pair of his boxer shorts & I put them all on. I then wanted to go and meet a friend of mine to bring to the house party but my friend wouldn't let me go, so he locked the door. So obviously, I climbed out the kitchen window, broke his bench outside whilst landing on it & ran through the streets to meet my friend dressed in the gear.

I took them off when a police car drove past.

Evan™

Evan™ HI! I'm Randy, I'm a Bandicoot Über Member

I used to mix Heineken with Coke or red Bull...both of them tasted like piss and nope havent got into any incidents...yet...hehehe...

the_king_of_all

the_king_of_all LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Yeah. I drink underage. not heavily though. I mainly drink Carlsberg Export, but usualy any larger will do. Bud's not bad either. I also love cider but when i drink cider i get pissed extremely quickly. I can drink tons of larger and be fine (I've done 8 pints before and been only tipsy) but the second i drink cider i'm gone. I've only ever been full on pissed once. threw up 4 times. that time i was really really past it though. and on the way home (I was with my best mate at the time) some people asked us directions to somewhere. I just completely ignored them because i thought i might be imangining them or something. though... i was completely in control of everything i said and did though. When i got home i managed to convince my mum i was sick because i'd eaten too much, Then tried to watch Pitch black. That film confuses me in places anyway. so trying to watch it whilest i was completely plastered wasn't exactly a good idea. couldn't even focus on the picture properly :lol:

Anthony

Anthony Active Member

ah. now I'm in my element.
    yes. the legendary Panjuice. oh yes.

1/5 pint of Jack Daniels
    1/5 pint of Vodka
    1/5 pint of Martini
    1/5 pint of Bacardi
    1/5 pint of Lemonade
    And a touch of food colouring (blue is the best)

drunken antics. hmmm. well there are many but i can't remember all of them. here are some, though.
    5am - the morning after a certain party. a few of us (going to put your team member to shame here and say that this does indeed include nikki) were feeling a bit peckish. cue 7 of us going all around top and bottom mossley literally stalking a milk van in slightly drunken solid snake style: rolling down hills, jumping into bushes and acting like general dickheads.
    the milkman would deposit the milk and we'd take it two minutes later.
    went back to the house with 24 pints of milk, 2 cartons of eggs and a carton of pineapple juice. not bad for a nights heist.
    of course there have been other events as well - i recall piggy-back wars on a bouncy castle, the classic game of spin the bottle and the hilarious antics that followed (not going into those i'm afraid) and duct-taping two random people and throwing them into a room full of another group of random people doing what shouldn't be done in someone else's house
    games...games...
    well...there's a good card game called 'shithead' which is for upto 6 players: 3 cards face down and 3 face up on top of them each, plus an extra 3 (2 if you're in a 6) for your hand. the aim is to get rid of all your cards basically, by putting down a card that has either the same value or higher than the last one. last one to do so has to take a shot of panjuice/whatever
    the rules are pretty easy once you get the hang of them: 2, 7, 9 and 10 are magic cards and can be put over anything. 2 restarts the sequence, 7 mirrors the value of the card before, 9 means that the next person must put a card lower than 9 and 10 burns the deck meaning the cards on the pile are no longer available for play - putting 4 cards of the same value also has this effect. aces are the highest value.
    simple, really
    beer hunter is good too: you need for this game a sixpack and a box. Take one can. shake it. lots. then put it in the box with the others and mix them around - make sure the other players aren't looking
    now, one person picks a can, holds it in front of them with it pointing at their face, and opens it. If it's not the one, s/he has to drink it. if it is the one, s/he gets a wet head and you can start all over or whatever.
    heh, fantastic topic

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

One time I tried to jump on the back of a trailer type thing on the back of a lorry cabin, when the driver pulled the breaks and the back of the trailer went right into my stomach. Needless to say it fucking hurt.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

:lol: Reminds me of a situation I had.

Me & my friends had just been out uptown & decided to do "The Pissed Olympics". So, running all the way from town to my friends house, doing things like hurdles (jumping over benches), long jump (jumping for the fuck of it), football (playing with a ping pong ball down a hill), wrestling (piggy back fights in the middle of the town center) & my favourite, high jump. One of my friends decided to clear a wall to an infant school, only to land on the concrete, spine first...he thought there was grass there. Then later on in the night, he tried to clear a post and cracked his nads on it. He was on the ground for like 20 minutes.

rosanna

rosanna Well-Known Member

yeah, i get drunk. underage, lately every day. and honestly i don't care what it is that gets me drunk, i'll go from a bottle of wine one day(cuz i hate the taste of all the liquor) to a pint of 151 if i wanna get sloshed. and i don't mix or chase, i drink that bitch straight!

the last time i got drunk and passed out (excluding yesterday cuz i was also high) bad things happened so i promised myself i would never get that drunk again, only close enough to have the room start spinning.

then there was the time i did it in school and got suspended...

the rest are like blahblahblah experiences. nothing that interesting.

actually i don't think i have any good experiences with drinking...

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

I'm 17, so yes I'm underage. My favorite drinks are Vodka Grey Goose, Hypnotiq, and Beer. I host the weekley beer pong tournament at my house almost every weekend and I am reigning champ. Seriously, I'll take any of you guys in beer pong.

Let's see, funny stories. Well, I came to school drunk once. But when I'm under the influence I don't act like a complete jackass or anything. Anyways, one time if Math my teacher asks us a question and I rose my hand and stood up. Everybody was looking at me and I didn't know the answer so I just farted really loud. The look on my teachers face was priceless.

I also do a lot of drunk dialing. I've made a fool of myself a couple of times when I did that, but it's all good.

In Illinois, the drinking age is 21.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2005
    Debus

Debus Morbid Fascination LPA Addict

Welll, the drinking age here is 18 but i've been drinking since God knows when and i'm only 16. Haven't really got any stories to share besides that time when some of you might remember me breaking my finger when i was drunk at a beer festival (that was nasty) I drink every weekend pretty much. Some of my mates (i know of at least one here) think i drink way too much but meh

Trumtram

Trumtram Well-Known Member

yeah, drinking since my 14th year. don't know which bottles I had in the past 6 years. definitely hardcore is strohrum, it has 80% and just kicks ass. my friends do start to drink spiritus, weingeist and ethanol, all 90% but that's not my desire so after trying for years I'll keep drinking my beers.